VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i have two .AVI files and useing TMPGEnc i have converted these files to .MPG files. Now i want to merge these two files into One so i can burn useing Nero, i know i can burn the two files on seperate disks, and have two halfs of this movie, but i dont want to do that. i think i can use TMPGEnc or some other soft ware to merge these two together. i just fogot how to do this , need help please.

Morefeus
    bruce1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I would burn with Imgburn, but that is just me.

If you just want a large mpg file then you can use mpg tools in tmpgenc to append them.

If you want a DVD, use DVD Flick, add them both to the one title, and it will create a DVD structure for you. By default DVD Flick does not re-encode compliant mpg source files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you mean mpg file 1 + mpg file 2 = one new mpg (or vob) file, you can use this trick:

At the command prompt, enter:

copy /b file1.mpg+file2.mpg merged.mpg
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or demux into one large Video.m2v and Audio.ac3 (or MP2 or WAV). DGIndex can be used for this. Open both MPGs at the same time, which effectively joins them. Then File->Save Project File and Demux Video. Take the resulting joined M2V and AC3 files and use in an authoring app. Muxman is perhaps the easiest. This assumes they're already DVD compliant to begin with.
    Quote Quote