VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am very new to video restoration and would liekt o be pointed in the right direction. I have several VHS tapes that I guess were recorded with a bad camera. They have a thick line in the middle of the video, and the video quality itself is not the greatest. It almost looks like the tracking is way bad, but I tried them on multiple VCRS with no luck. I just now ripped the VHS tapes to VCD MPEG format on my computer.

The question I have is.. Is there any easy to use software that can automatically fix these? Price is not an issue. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like tracking problem. Try a stabilizer. If that doesn't work you need a Jvc svhs with filters 76xx-99xx. Theres no software to fix tracking problems but the Jvc can stabilize a better signal.
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Since I am so new, these buzzwords are all foreign to me

What is a stabilizer? Can you be more specific? Where can I get one and how much does it cost? ARe there places that offer these services for money so I wouldn't have to do it myself?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stabilizer generally stabilize the picture, there are many like Sima. You can find a lot of different brands on Ebay or Nextag. Myself and many others on this site do restoration services. Check around and get the best price and see what fits your agenda. Hope that helps...
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the tape itself has a crease down the middle, this will cause a line on the screen. TBCs, stabilizers, different VCRs etc aren't going to help with that!

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A stabilizer won't help here, no.
    (That said, I've got extra stabilizers that I want to part with cheaply.)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its not from the tape, because all my tapes are like this. It was likely the camera's fault

Thanks!
    Quote Quote