VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

This is pretty annoying. Every commercial DVD i rip to .avi, i get audio desync on the 2nd part vob with VDubMod (or every .vob proceeding the 1st part).

I'd just like to know why this is!?

i.e. audio is fine on 01_1, but 01_2 is out-of-sync.

I don't know whether its best to combine the 2 vobs that compose 1 episode and then rip, or rip them seperately, but apply a audio skew to the 2nd to bring it back in line, then combine the rips.

Pls help and say whether this happens to you with VDubMod on DVD Conversion!!!

P.S. I ripped and then applied a skew afterwards, but i have audio of missing scenes and no audio of what is displayed
    "Youth is wasted on the young."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Rip the disc as one big lump of video. Use DVDDecrypter - File Splitting NONE.
    I also have a habit of converting the audio from AC3 to .wav if I am working extensively in VDub.....it just makes thing easier...at least for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pls help and say whether this happens to you with VDubMod on DVD Conversion!!!
    No, because I do it right. There's always a delay on every VOB after the first. The best way is to decrypt using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode (or one of the newer decrypters in Movie Mode), and that way you'll get only the movie you want, and nothing else, like extras, that might be in that VTS. Then I'll make a D2V project file after opening all of the VOBs at once in DGIndex. In the process, DGIndex will also demux the audio into one file. And then I'll use the D2V file it makes in an AviSynth script to frameserve into the encoder, VDubMod in this case. This is all thoroughly explained in the documentation that accompanies the DGMPGDec package.

And if you don't want to try your luck doing it the AviSynth way, then maybe let AutoGK do the whole job for you. No one encodes the VOBs separately.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YES! I have file splitting on DVD Decrypter "By File" [Tools -> Settings -> File Mode]

I will try "None", and get back to u.

x.264 conversion takes a few hours, especially if I'm now doing it all-in-1.

Cheers fellas
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!

I had to drop back and say a BIG thank-you to hech54 for suggesting i use File Splitting none with DVD Decrypter!

My audio desync problems with DVD-rips are gone for good

BIG SMILEY!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by blueprint
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!

I had to drop back and say a BIG thank-you to hech54 for suggesting i use File Splitting none with DVD Decrypter!

My audio desync problems with DVD-rips are gone for good

BIG SMILEY!!!
    You're Very Welcome.
    Quote Quote