VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    removed

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. DOn't download warez.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Im have problem: when Im see film MKV file with LaCinema Classic HD connect HDMI in TV, Im see only video without audio. But when Im see it MKV file with computer all ok video and audio is ok. Whats the problem.
    Thnak you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like the La Cinema unit cannot read the audio in the MKV file. Use mediainfo to determine what the audio is. My guess is that the mkv has DTS HD audio. You mat have to convert the audio to something that the player can handle.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    It sounds like the La Cinema unit cannot read the audio in the MKV file. Use mediainfo to determine what the audio is. My guess is that the mkv has DTS HD audio. You mat have to convert the audio to something that the player can handle.
    LaCinema Classic HD read this format:
    Video Format : AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, DivX, DAT, MOV, MPEG, VOB, ASF, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, DVR-MS, DVD-Video (ISO, Video_TS)

With LaCinema Classic HD Im see other MKV file with audio, but Im have other MKV file, when Im see film been without sound

Maybe you recomended program converter sound in MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sukutix
    Maybe you recomended program converter sound in MKV file.
    Use Popcorn MKV audio converter and convert the audio to ac3 audio. The video will not be reconverted.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Look folks simply make your MKV’s into AVCHD's burn them on DVD5/9 & they will play on any Blu-ray player from an $80.00 Magnavox from Wal-Mart to a $1000 Pioneer Elite. You can ad or delete the audio tracks that you wish, preserve the DTS tracts, etcetera. There are at least 5 programs this site that will convert MKV to AVCHD. A few are AVCHDCoder, Multiavchd, Ripbot, Gotsent & BDRebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys, I have converted .mkv files to xvid, DivX and mpeg4 ... no problem there. The problem is that my Noontec media player will not play them on my TV. They play fine on my computer in all formats. I have taken them to a friends house and tried to play them on the HDTV (mine is not) and they will not play on that. I then converted a .mkv to mpeg-2 and even that would not play on the TV. My friend also has a media player, therefore i downloaded them onto that and they still would not play ... HELP ... driving me mad ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. hi.

i've been downloading some mvk movies to hopefully watch it on my sony home theater system.
    but what i've experienced is that almost every dvd player can't play mkv movies.

i was wondering if anyone knew a way for me to be able to watch my mkv movies on the home theater system because i really want to ...
    tired of having to download crappy .avi movies ¬¬

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What are your computer/video card specifications? You probably need a 2Ghz+ CPU or at least a decent video card that can handle MKV/HD video. VLC, MPC-HC, Zoom and other software players can play HD MKV, I do it all the time.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

i'm a newbie on Mac wich a bought one year ago. I don't have problem handling with basic stuff but discovering the Mac OS X platform and video formats, codecs and futured app i'm losin' it. More a discover i get more questions, seems the Windows are more compact to the video environment.

ok, my problem is handling with MKV (1280x720, x264, AC3 5.1 DD) files with additional subtitle in .srt. Is any way to add subtitles (.srt) to video without encoding the audio and video chanells on MAC? How can i burn DVDR on Mac with subtitles and save the qulaity of Video and Audio chanells?

Pls any suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've got an mp4 file and I want to put a .ass file onto it what is the fastest way to do this? and how long would it take?

I do not wish to change the video or audio format.

mp4 file I got from gotsent and extracted the subs from an mkv file

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  12. Baldrick, do you mind to add Meteorite tool to first post?

How to repair MKV?
    You can use meteorite program to repair your corrupted or half downloaded MKV files.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have episodes of this '70's Japanese show which contains both English and Japanese audio tracks, as well as two subtitle tracks. According to VLC, the video stream is encoded in MPEG4-XVID, and the two audio tracks were encoded with Vorbis Audio. I'm planning to use clips off of these episodes in a video project, but both VirtualDub and Sony Vegas Pro won't take mkv. files, so I'd like to convert it to a more compatible format. How can I do so without further reducing its audiovisual quality, AND retain the subtitles as well? I've tried converting them to mp4 w/XCID4PSP, and have been able to direct copy just the video stream, the audio streams required me to encode them in AAC. The subtitle streams don't appear to have made the transition.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sylvanas1147 View Post
    how to Convert MKV to MP4 with DTS Audio to AAC?

help me!
    Try rebox.net.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I am total newbie in this area - so, please be patient with me

As I have read on different sites, I have learned that MKV file type is container for video, audio and subtitle streams. This is what I want - to keep multiple audio streams and multiple subtitles in one file.

Right now I am in a process of looking for right tool to convert DVD movies (already ripped on hard disk) to MKV.

One program I have found is MakeMKV. It works excellent and fulfills almost all my needs, but it does not recode DVD MPEG2 to MPEG4 (or h264).

All MKV files it creates is almost the same size as DVD.

What should I do?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi, My name is Sarah and I am very new to this great hobby. My husband and I created a HTPC recently with a server for our movies. I am wondering if there is a software out there that can take my MKV (MPEG2) and remove the MPEG2 from the MKV rapper without reconverting at all. Leaving us with a plain MPEG2 file?

Also we have a 130 inch screen for watching movies. When converting DVDs to another format should i leave them as MPEG2 or should I shrink the file down as a MP4? Will I notice a quality difference? I would use Handbrake, what settings would you recommend?

Very Best Regards and thanks for any help you can provide to me,
    Sarah S.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try extract the mpeg2 video and audio with mkvextractgui-2 and if you would like a mpg then use a mpeg multiplexer like imagompeg-muxer.

It's best to just leave dvds as mpg/vob/iso. No quality loss.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks so much Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Matroska splitter is a decoder for mkv. Use instead avidemux to cut a mkv. I think mkvtoolnix also includes some cutter.
    Is the Matroska splitter free?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Matroska Splitter = Haali Media Splitter. And it's a decoder and not any editor.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks in advance...
    i just purchased a panasonic st30 3d plasma, and i'm wanting the freedom to watch mkv's in hd. it has dlna, but wmc won't stream mkv, so i have to use a 3rd party program like ps3 media server to stream the mkv's, which transcodes it first. when it transcodes them, the quality doesn't seem to be hd anymore. i'm on 100mbps ethernet (the tv doesn't have gigabit ethernet).
    1. is 100mbps ethernet fast enough for hd, or do i have to buy/build an htpc with gigabit ethernet?
    2. the transcoding seems to be downgrading the quality-- how can i preserve hd? another program? or htpc?
    3. when i stream from an external hard drive through my computer to the tv, the playback is choppy...is there a bottleneck because my hdd is usb 2.0? (i'm thinking there shouldn't be b/c usb 2.0 is faster than 100mbps ethernet).

overall, i just want a pure, cheap way to watch my HD mkv's on my nice new tv!...without buying an htpc if i can help it, but i will if that's the only way. i'm getting a macbook pro with thunderbolt this summer if that changes anything (i'm stuck with the tv though).

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't use PS3 server, but I've had good luck streaming MKV though TVersity. The options to transcode the video is turned off, and it will play fine on my Xbox over 100mbps wire as long as the audio is compatible. Personally I don't use MKV anymore. MP4 is more widely compatible and so there is very little reason to bother with the hassle that MKV can present to the average user. You can mess around with it, or you can just dl something like GOTsent and convert it to MP4 which will most likely play perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    forgive my ignorance, but i guess there's no loss in quality converting mkv to mp4? i guess the only difference is it will be a larger file size?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Right, you can do a straight stream copy. So basically you will demux the video from mkv and add it to MP4 container. No quality loss because it is not transcoded. Not really much change in file size either.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using MKV2vob v. 2.4.9, I keep getting a "Transcoding error" status message, I'm not sure if it has to with the "horrible subs" group I got them from, or that their in 720p, or what it could be. I'm converting to mpeg-2 and I believe .avi
    Quote Quote