VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got a DVD Karaoke disc and I want to convert some songs into files such as mp4,mpg,dat. Which software I can use in order to retain the 2 channel audio in the clip? Like one channel with only music and the other can also have the sound of the singer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by happybighead
    I got a DVD Karaoke disc and I want to convert some songs into files such as mp4,mpg,dat. Which software I can use in order to retain the 2 channel audio in the clip? Like one channel with only music and the other can also have the sound of the singer?

same as me here also. I've no idea how to convert from .VOB format to .MPG format with condition .MPG file must have STEREO channel, meaning, have left and right channel selection.

PLEASE HELP. thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To simply convert Vob to Mpeg have a look at Vob2Mpeg - equally (in theory) you can also simply rename the file but that may cause other problems down the line.

If you want to do something more complicated - such as extract part of a vob have a look at Mpeg Video Wizard from Womble. Assuming they are not protected you can load the individual vobs into it, edit them and then output a new file in a variety of formats.

You might also look at Vagas from Sony but that's much more expensive (if much more powerful)

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote