VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My goal is to create / author an HD DVD. I have done it before with my hd camcorder, however, i have some mkv files that i would like to author. However, there are no easy ways to author these files because no software allows you to do that from mkv.

So, i would like to convert an mkv file to the highest quality i can, preserving as much of the 720p that i can. Any recommendations, and please try to make it easy as possible. One program would be nice. I tried The Film Machine with CCE, but the final output was nothing like the mkv file.

Thanks....ron
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bumpy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rules
    Please try not to "bump" your topic.
    Replying to your own topic to get it to the top is annoying. Try to have some patience, this is a bulletin board, not IRC. It may take some time (e.g., one or two days) before someone can answer your query or question.
    /Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try using Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ronorkis View Post
    ...So, i would like to convert an mkv file to the highest quality i can, preserving as much of the 720p that i can. Any recommendations, and please try to make it easy as possible. One program would be nice. I tried The Film Machine with CCE, but the final output was nothing like the mkv file.

Thanks....ron
    You need high quality source at least twice than your target, to convert or authoring to highest possible standards.
    Target=Source, If your source is lower than your target. The later case is the matter of wasting size and time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ronorkis View Post
    My goal is to create / author an HD DVD. I have done it before with my hd camcorder, however, i have some mkv files that i would like to author. However, there are no easy ways to author these files because no software allows you to do that from mkv.
    Really ? I wonder how I have been doing it all this time ?

How about you start with what is actually in your MKV files. A tree view from MediaInfo would be a good start. Chances are that MultiAVCHD will do exactly what you want need.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    was multiavchd around when the op first started this thread?

SoccerLover did some gravedigging.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    True - can we get him kicked for his necrophilia ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote