VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ok, I'm on the last step, I'll do a few more of these bloody vbr's this way, burn'm and see if it solves my sync problem.

Man, thanks to you folks for your patience with this fool. I really appreciate it.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RailheaD
    Ok, I'm at this point and haven't found a way to strip the original audio, nor to combine the new audio with the original video.
    IIRC, you need to select the WAV stream, and click "Move Up", to make it #1. Then you can select the VBR stream, which is now #2 on the list, and delete it. Then in the main window select "Direct Stream Copy" from the "Video" menu and save - I think will work, but not 100% sure. Like I said, try it and see. You can then check that it did it correctly by checking the new video with GSpot.

Jim

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jim44
    Ok, I'm at this point and haven't found a way to strip the original audio, nor to combine the new audio with the original video.
    IIRC, you need to select the WAV stream, and click "Move Up", to make it #1. Then you can select the VBR stream, which is now #2 on the list, and delete it. Then in the main window select "Direct Stream Copy" from the "Video" menu and save - I think will work, but not 100% sure. Like I said, try it and see. You can then check that it did it correctly by checking the new video with GSpot.

Jim
    Thanks Jim. Now that I have both prog's I'll have to muck about with them both and see how many new coasters I can make before christmas. :<>

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, guys I seem to have successfully converted the VBR to CBR in one avi file. Tell me though, what do these abreviations stand for?

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Damn, I just found an avi with CBR that has the same sync prob's. Too bad, this was one was in dolby ac3 as well. I was really hoping to check this out with my (early) xmas present: a surround system. Shite.

6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've also noticed that the file sizes seem to be considerably smaller after passing them through virtualdub. 716 mg - 670 mg (approx). Is this going to lessen the sound quality?

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've also noticed that the file sizes seem to be considerably smaller after passing them through virtualdub. 716 mg - 670 mg (approx). Is this going to lessen the sound quality?

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, guys I seem to have successfully converted the VBR to CBR in one avi file. Tell me though, what do these abreviations stand for?
    See the "Glossary" in the navigation bar to the left <<<<<<

I don't recall having any issues with sync and CBR audio. Could be an issue with the way the file was initially encoded, dunno.

9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jim44
    See the "Glossary" in the navigation bar to the left <<<<<<

I don't recall having any issues with sync and CBR audio. Could be an issue with the way the file was initially encoded, dunno.
    I do now. Har! thanks for pointing it out. Awareness at an all time low.

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows a method to avoid downloading VBR material. In the Gloss' it mentions something about mpeg 2 often being vbr, but is it always the case?

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator mats.hogberg

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows a method to avoid downloading VBR material.
    Dunno. I see more VBR than CBR encoded vidoes, FWIW.

But, as I mentioned, I've got a pretty quick work flow. Although my eventual result is a Video DVD, since my currently player is incapable of playing DviX/XviD. The WAV I pull out with VDubMod is the audio source to my encoder, so I'm not muxing it back in to the original file (hence why I wasn't familiar with that part of the process.

12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a new one.

This flic is CBR, works fine on the 'puter (I know, it doesn't matter :>), but when I attempt to play it in the standalone I get NO audio.

Wish I could understand these G-Spot reports better.

Search Comp PM
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows a method to avoid downloading VBR material.
    Buying the movie, renting the movie, going to the theatre. Quality is much better than your cam crap download of Bee Movie, etc.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

Search Comp PM
    See it in the theaters. Bee Movie isn't (officially/legally) released in AVI format yet (if ever).
    Read the rules again, re: Warez.

/Mats