VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If I have a video at 23.8 frames per second, and I convert it to 25 frames per second, what happens? Will it change the quality of the converted file? The size maybe? Or have no noticeable effect?

I'm using vista 64 unfortunately, and to get the video onto my iPod and avoid the bad atom QuickTime bug, I have to change a files fps to get rid of the 64-bit time signature or something...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you want to convert it to 25fps? It won't normally effect the quality or the size, but it may be unplayable on a set top NTSC player. Vista 64 won't have much to do with it, though you may have less programs available for conversion.

So what you really want to do is to convert it to IPod format? Have you looked in our 'Portable' tools? https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/portable-mobile-psp-ipod

You may find a program there that suits your purpose. SUPER is one that's converts most formats.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can manage to convert the files no problem (using videora or prism); itunes is more the trouble.

When converting a file to h.264 in vista, and then trying to add that file to itunes, you will often get an error stating the video has a “bad public atom.”

I've read that this has to do with the way Apple employed the h.264 specification, and the only known fix for the time being is to change the framerate of the file when converting (which has worked perfectly for me so far!).

I’m just more looking to understand what happens when one does such a thing? If increased, will the newly converted file repeat frames or something? Does it chop up the video at all? Does it take more processor power to play the video (which will drain the ipod battery faster) etc.
    Quote Quote