VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there are just so many programs to use, i've used WinAVi but apparently it sucks, all i want is to get really good quality when i convert my AVI/DIVX/XVID files to DVD..

PLease HELP!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try FAVC. But don't except superb quality from divx/xvid sources as they are already heavily compressed and will get worse when you reconvert to another format.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rockstar452
    there are just so many programs to use, i've used WinAVi but apparently it sucks, all i want is to get really good quality when i convert my AVI/DIVX/XVID files to DVD..

PLease HELP!!!
    No 'apprently about it, WinAVI does suck.

That said, so does your source. Hate to break it to you, but on a scale of 1 - 10 of quality, most Divx/Xvid files rate between 3 and 4. DVD from a studio quality source comes in around 7. Any DVD created from Divx/Xvid will still be a 3 - 4, and could well be lower if done badly.

If you must convert FAVC will better than ConvertXtoDVD, but is slower because of it, but both will do what you want.

The best option is to get a player capable of playing the files as-is, so you don't have to convert them at all.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote