VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have converted a wmv to rm using ALO video converter and played it in my mobile but it says "Because the bit rate or frame rate is too high,this file could not be opened" ......Expalin me about the bit and the frame rate dude's .......and also on how to solve this issue........Send personal messages dude's....
    All is Well in the world of technology
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a forum, dude, so all responses are public or no-one gets to learn.

First, the software you used is dubious at best. There is better stuff around.

In a nutshell, framerate is the number of images (or frames) displayed per second to produce the video. Typical frame rates include 25 fps (frames per second) for PAL, 23.976 or 29.970 fps for NTSC, and for avi files, anything from 6, 12.5 or 15 fps (and for the purists, lets leave fields out the discussion for the moment, OK ?)

Bitrate is the amount of data allocated to store the information that represents the images. Bitrate is typically measured as kilobits per second (kbps).

Unless the video comes from a screen capture application, some of which produces videos of 200 fps or more, framerate is unlikely to the be the issue. It could be - perhaps your mobile expects a low framerate. However, because your mobile has limited processing power, it probably does have very definite bitrate limits. You need to consult the manual that comes with your phone to find out what these are. Or, if your phone is anything like my Nokia, you just have to use trial and error until you find out what works, as the bitrate limits aren't documented anywhere that I could find.

Also, if you need WMV, Windows Media Encoder will mots likely give you a much better results, albeit with a little more work, than any crappy POS all-in-one that you downloaded from somewhere dodgy.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply dude,
    Actually i am working and cannot check this very often.that is y i told to reply me personally.cool man.how to check whether any one has replied to my posts.i checked the videohelp homepage and it says that i have no messages.by the way what do u do and where do u live.
    All is Well in the world of technology
    Quote Quote