VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All;
    I am evaluating CD/DVD printers for my company - the kind that print directly onto the CD/DVD surface with ink. I require one that is automatic and will do a quantity of DVD's automatically at a time - say 25 or 50 CD's/DVD's.

The reason I am asking you on this forum for suggestions/recommendations is because I purchased a unit (Microboards - Print Factory 1) several years ago that is extremly unreliable, gets dirty very fast, needs to be cleaned often, is difficult and messy to clean and most of the time, just doesn't work. We don't do that much volume (Perhaps 25 CD's/DVD's per month) so I would expect this unit to last much, much longer than it does before it needs a cleaning. By the way, Microboards DVD duplicator is also highly unreliable and we have had to replace it with a new unit (From a different manufacturer) about 6 months ago. It seems to be very, very picky about which brand of discs I use and usually copies a few disks and then misses a whole bunch in the middle.

Does anyone have or use a CD/DVD printer that has given them good service? Looks like the other only real competator to the Microboards Print factory is the company Primera. Anyone have any experience with them ? My budget is about $1,500. The various models from Primera that we're primarily looking at is the Signature Z6, the Bravo SE, and the BravoPro. Are these from Primera reliable or can you suggest/recommend another company that is better that sells CD/DVD printers in my price range ? Thanks a lot for any buying advice you can provide.

Tim
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would contact Customer Service at Rima - link here:

http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CU

They carry Rimage, Microboards and Primera. I trust their service and have always found them helpful. I don't personally have enough experience to offer an opinion on this topic. Good luck.
    Quote Quote