VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello my friends.

Today, I have around 1.000 dvd movies that I wanted to back them up and load them in a HTPC that I plugged in my Plasma.

My idea is to back up each movie with 01gb aprox. From what Ive been reading here, the best is to use H264 codec to back them up with this size and having the best quality video as possible.

Now, wich is the best software to be used, that would provide the best image quality as possible, considering the final files with 01 gb size?

I would prefer a unique software that does all the conversion. IŽve seen this, but for my newbie experience is too much.
    http://kitty.110mb.com/dvd2avc/dvd2avc.html

Thanxs to you all!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you want ONE software I would use DVDFab. But I don't know if you will get same good quality as if you use megui together with x264 but dvdfab is about 1000% easier.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AutoMkv from all the ones i tried seems the best one, not that megui isnt bad its just that automkv is easier to use.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I second MeGui w/x.264 and AAC. There is a learning curve, but I've used most everything available and it always produces the best quality for me (I stick to around 1GB filesizes as well for about 1500 movies). Once you get the hang of it, it really isn't any more difficult to use...just a little more involved.

MediaCoder is also pretty good, but I could never get it to produce a 5.1 channel AAC file. It's decent for quicker encode on older movies that just have stereo though.

The others mentioned are good too. I just find the quality declines the closer to a "one click" solution you get.
    theHTPC.net

Find a cure for cancer by folding proteins! Join the Team 32 Folding@Home project (#3 worldwide!). Check us out here
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanxs to you all !!! IŽll try them up and submit my thoughts!!!

Bye my friends!
    Quote Quote