VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a complete VIDEO_TS folder and also Nero Ultra 7 on my PC.

I cannot find where in Nero I can put this VIDEO_TS Folder so that I'll end up with a DL DVD which will play on a DVD Player. Nero indicates to use the DVD-Compilation, but I cannot find that.

I also have a copy of Nero v8114 Ultra but haven't installed it yet.

On my Mac, it's easy. I would just drag the folder into POPCORN and burn it. Nero is not intuitive.
    Help !!

THANK YOU.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Load "Nero SmartStart / Nero Burning Rom / New Compilation DVD / DVD-Video (third icon down)" and change label (using the fan) - Then click the "New" button (top right) and finally drag-drop the directory VIDEO_TS from the far right-panel to the second left-panel .
    - The correct DVD structure will be created by Nero. Then click the (above) icon "Burns the current compilation"
    and chose speed and finally hit the (top right) button "Burn" .

regards Pol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On my Mac, it's easy. I would just drag the folder into POPCORN and burn it
    On PC, you use ImgBurn to burn it.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mats.hogberg is correct. Nero produces a playable DVD if you use a single layer media, although it won't be completely compliant with the DVD standard. However, I have seen a number of reports saying Nero does not produce acceptable transitions between layers when dual layer media is used. ImgBurn is reported to burn both single and double layer media correctly. Given the cost of good DL media, I'd use ImgBurn (free software) instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And then - why use something you have to pay for, when there is something you can have for free, that does it better?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    On my Mac, it's easy. I would just drag the folder into POPCORN and burn it
    On PC, you use ImgBurn to burn it.

/Mats

Awesome. Not intuitive, but it worked. Why is navigating through Mac software simpler and makes more sense ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Because Mac users are spoiled with nice, cuddly, friendly software, while the archetype PC user is a gearhead used to dull no frills quirky software (preferably a command line tool without GUI) that just does what it's supposed to (once you've figured it out)?

/Mats
    Quote Quote