VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hola, good people of VideoHelp.com.

I just got myself an x1950pro and really want to use its blazing h264 encoding to get all my flicks onto my hdd... but this damned transcoder just won't cooperate.

Using mplayer to dump an MPG [just using the "mplayer dvd://1 -dumpstream -dumpfile <whatever>.mpg"] to my hdd in a single file, anywhere from 3-4+GB depending on the flick... is, of course, a perfect replica of the dvd when I play it using any/all media player(s), including flawless audio.

Okay. When I encode using the ATi TransCode Converter 1.01b tool (w/ front end by Ray Adams' ATi Tray Tools) audio goes *poof* bye-bye, every time. Perfect video but utter silence... tried it on every last media player imaginable, using every known codec on earth. I've tried all 5 different audio format options provided in the TransCode Converter front end in so many different video bitrate combinations that it's made my head spin.

BTW - crashes mplayer when I perform any seek-ahead activity. I get this:

In case it matters, here's are my front end settings at the moment...

output format: h264
    target bitrate: 1.00
    max vbr bitrate: 2.00
    speed vs. quality: highest quality
    flip/rotate: none
    size unchanged
    aspect ratio: auto
    no limit to file size
    video soap: none
    gop seq: auto
    deinterlacing: auto
    audio format (again, have tried all five options): auto, 48khz 16bit stereo mpeg, 48khz 16bit stereo lpcm, 160khz mono mpeg, 160khz mono lpcm

Anyone? This is killing me, I tell you!

Thanks in advance,

M.

p.s. I'll understand if you tell me to just use some other software... lol... but the undeniable fact is that it's literally 4 to 5 times faster than even the fastest SMP CPU-based solution on my rig (particularly at the bitrate/quality that I like)... I *really, really* want to use this transcoder.
    p.p.s. no making fun of me for using windows
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody? Damnit.

Originally Posted by ultradouche
    here's are
    ** damnit
    xpsp2, e6300, ~500gb total hdd, 2gb ram, x1950pro, intel 965p, sony aw-q160s
    Quote Quote  
  3. My best guess would be that it can not handle the AC-3 audio. Try a test on a standard MPG with mp2 audio.

Also maybe try installing AC3Filter.

Apparently not too many people using this software, I'll have to check if it came with my 2400 card. Cheapest HDMI/HDCP card I could find, not too happy with gaming performance but video output is good.
    Quote Quote