VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a Kodak easyshare that takes 16X9 high def video using mp4 compression. How to I convert this to an mp4 file that my new dvd recorder/player, (that says it is mp4 compatible) will play?

I did one long video with it, its about 400 meg in size, but when playing it back on my laptop in gets CPU bound and skips like crazy, even copying it to CD and playing on a more powerful machine does this. I thought if I can convert it to a format that will play in my dvd player it may play better.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What video and audio codec does the kodak record in? Because mp4 is no video codec. Identify the video and audio codec in the mov with mediainfo.

And I guess your dvd player only supports divx/xvid sd video(no High definition), so I would try convert to avi xvid alltoavi. You can also try convert the mov to avi xvid with Mpeg StreamCLip.

And if the mov contain HD h264 video you need a fast computer to play it smooth, use haali media splitter together with LATEST ffdshow and play in MPC. Or use CoreAVC instead of ffdshow, it's the fastest h264 decoder but it's not free then.
    Quote Quote