VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have an Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS card that I am trying to output video from to an RCA 32" TV, not an HD or anything but an older model. The picture itself is fuzzy and it outputted color to a 13" Sylvania TV though it was fuzzy as well. When I uninstall the driver it outputs in color but then MC won't work. I am using an S-Video to RCA cable to output that is maybe 3 feet long. I have tried this in Vista and XP Media Center that I installed on my computer afterwards. I'm guessing it is either the cable being low quality or the driver that is just not going to work to do this. Frankly, I am at my wits end. I have searched everywhere and found no solution to the issue. So, does anyone have any idea what to try. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Went throughout the settings in Nvidia control panel and made sure Saturation and any setting that deals with color was put everywhere.
    2. Uninstalled the driver which immediately outputted color but also immediately sucked because the driver installed was Standard VGA. This leads me to think Nvidia drivers don't play nice with outputting to older TVs. Am I correct? If so I am a bit upset...
    3. Formmated and switched to XP Media Center Edition hoping that XP drivers would work. No luck.
    4. Tried running the TV wizard to test in composite, s-video and component with no luck.
    5. Prayed and wept.

OK, so what have I done wrong? Are there drivers for TVs? Are there better drivers for Nvidia? SOmeone want to give me an HDTV for free?

Nick
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    make sure in the settings you have chosen your correct output NTSC/pal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try another S-Video cable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Frankly, I've never succeded in getting anything else but b/w picture from my nVidia card(s) using S-Video. Composite's fine tho.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have made sure the settings are correct as to NTSC with no luck.

This is the only cable I have but I did order a better cablw JIC.

I know of others have better luck with it. I'm kepping my fingers crossed.
    Nick Queen
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by nicolasqueen
    I have made sure the settings are correct as to NTSC with no luck.

This is the only cable I have but I did order a better cablw JIC.

I know of others have better luck with it. I'm kepping my fingers crossed.
    Bought a converter between the two cables and it worked. Before I had a single mixed cable.
    Nick Queen
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it is a cheap cable only two of the wires are in use. Go buy a cheap male to male s-video cable cut one end off and cut the s-video connector off of your cable. Wire the new one in like this , tie pins 3+4 together and tie them to the center yellow video pin wire, then tie pins 1+2 together and tie them to the yellow video ground wire it will show in color. You can see a pin out on wikipedia under s-video.
    Brian Rayburn
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's so easy to spot the truely newbish
    Quote Quote