VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey gang,

Not being an Apple person, I don't see a lot of MP4, but a buddy of mine (knowng I've been collecting some old cartoons from the 90's - Reboot, Samarai Jack, The Tick, etc) sent some MP4 file for my collection. I converted them to mpg using MediaCoder, and it seems to have worked, I can view the files using Media Player Classic. However, when I try to import the files into TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, it says the Video won't imput, but the audio does.

Can anyone please tell me what I may be doing wrong? Do I need to convert them differently? I believe I converted the files to MPEG2.

Thanks!

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why are you using tmpgenc xpress? mediacoder or super can convert to most formats.
    Can you open other mpeg2 in tmpgenc xpress?

And I guess you should be able to use tmpgenc xpress and open mp4 directly if you can play them with windows media player by installing haali media splitter and ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    >Why are you using tmpgenc xpress? mediacoder or super can convert to most formats.
    >Can you open other mpeg2 in tmpgenc xpress?
    >
    >And I guess you should be able to use tmpgenc xpress and open mp4 directly if you can play them with windows >media player by installing haali media splitter and ffdshow.

Hi Baldrick,

Sorry for the confusion. What I really meant to say was that AFTER I had converted the files from MP4 to MPG I was using tmpgenc xpress in the first stage to create my dvd menu. I could NOT add the converted mpg files I had create using mediacoder to my tmpgenc xpress program to create a dvd. The error message read that the video portion could not be imported, only the audio.

I cannot import the mp4 video into tmpgenc xpress either. I cannot open the MP4 with Media Player either.

Thanks for the help.

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to create a dvd I would instead use convertxtodvd or free tool like dvd flick, they work better with mp4 files.

If you still want to use tmpgenc xpress, try install haali media splitter, ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do want to use tmpgenc express. I would like to create menus for my dvd's, rather than just a disc that plays without being able to navigate it.

Thanks!

Hal
    Quote Quote