VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess this is something simple I'm missing but when I open a .TS file with VideoRedo I set the start/end time of the movie because I want to trim a portion of the end.

When I have the selection made I click on File/Save Video As...
    When prompted I choose my output to also be .TS (also tried MPEG) but the resulting output file is just a fraction of the selection, just a few frames I guess.

My source movie is close to 2GB and the resulting file from VideoRedo is only about 140MB.

What did I miss? 8)

BTW - I'm using the trial version of VideoRedo.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say you "set the start/end time of the movie". What I do is I get to the start of what I want to keep and click on the start button and then scroll over to the final part I want to keep and click the end button and then I select "Save Video As". I've always had it keep exactly what I want. I can only assume that your method is somehow not setting the starting or ending point correctly. VideoReDo allows you to "try before you buy" and it is fully functional in that trial period, so something in your process is not right. It comes with very good help - perhaps reading that will help you to figure out what you are doing wrong. If you are just inputting times into some field, well, I have never done that and I'm not sure I'd trust that to work. I ALWAYS manually select my starting and ending points to save.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    What I do is I get to the start of what I want to keep and click on the start button and then scroll over to the final part I want to keep and click the end button and then I select "Save Video As".
    This is exactly what I do but the resulting movie is just a fraction, even though the "Output" field on the bottom right hand corner reads that the selection is 01:27 (an hour and 27 minutes). See picture below..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See this///

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you need to go to the VideoRedo forum and see what's there. It is a very good forum. You need to learn about the two modes of cutting and saving-very easy to do. Scene mode vs Cut mode. I use Scene mode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By default, Video ReDo Plus works in cut mode. Have you switched the settings to "Scene Mode"?

In Scene mode the process is:

Selection Start>

Selection End>

Add Selection>

>Use the Preview Button (Looks Like a Film Strip) to be sure it starts and ends the way you intended

>Save Project, it will generate an appropriate name which can be edited if you wish (Saving the project is a darn good habit, which you will appreciate when making multiple edits and multiple outputs from the same file)

>Save Video AS

It's been a while since my output parameters where different than the input, so I can't be specific on completing the last step.

If that doesn't work, run Quick Stream Fix on the entire file, then repeat the above.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What did I miss? 8)

BTW - I'm using the trial version of VideoRedo

Option 1:- Did you get the 15 day trial key?

If not, your output will be only about 5 minutes long.

Option 2:- Your trial key has expired!

Buy VideoReDo Plus or VideoReDo TVSuite.
    Quote Quote