VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am wondering what the fastest way to convert Xvid/Divx to DVD is I have TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR, It takes a long time to do what it needs. I also have DVD FLICK it is not very fast either I am looking for a program that is very fast at doing this.

Can someone suggest some programs that can do this quickly without losing quality?

P.S. Preferably something free.
    http://www.technologyforever.com/video1.html
    Video hosting and video sharing community
    http://www.technologyforever.com/game1.html
    free online games
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Matey - do you want fast, cheap or good (pick any two)

dvd flick i have found to be cheap and fast but a bit crap on the results (pixellation)

avi2dvd is good and cheap (fast enough for me) but slower than the above.

don't ask me about good+fast as i am a cheapskate myself.

cheers,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quickest way is to burn to a CD or DVD "as is" and play it back on a DVD player that can play MPEG-4 files ala DivX and Xvid. Philips makes some models that are very reasonably priced.

No conversion necessary ... just burn and watch.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on the Xvid/Divx resolution. If it's greater than the frame size of SD video the Divx players won't play it same goes for 720P MKV siles. I use Procoder 2 to convert to DVD. Does a great job but at a price..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fastest is possibly ConvertXToDVD. There is a link on the page also to a earlier free version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    Quickest way is to burn to a CD or DVD "as is" and play it back on a DVD player that can play MPEG-4 files ala DivX and Xvid. Philips makes some models that are very reasonably priced.
    No conversion necessary ... just burn and watch. - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    Magnavox. Walmart. $35.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was thinking mainly around the lines of software. I have tried dvd flick it is slow I have a 2.13 ghz processor it took me more than 3:00 hrs with dvd flick.

--
    Yes my other computer the processor melted so I am using my old computer.
    http://www.technologyforever.com/video1.html
    Video hosting and video sharing community
    http://www.technologyforever.com/game1.html
    free online games
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by goheadtry
    I was thinking mainly around the lines of software. I have tried dvd flick it is slow I have a 2.13 ghz processor it took me more than 3:00 hrs with dvd flick.

--
    Yes my other computer the processor melted so I am using my old computer.
    When I first started doing MPEG-2 DVD encoding I had an Intel P III 650Mhz with 256MB RAM running WinXP Home and it worked but it took sometimes as much as 36 - 48 hours to encode a single standard length (2 hours give or take) movie.

3 hours is nothing !!!

As for "all in one" programs ... I'm not fond of any of them but ConvertXtoDVD seems the "best" of the bunch but I don't know if it is the fastest per se.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As for "all in one" programs ... I'm not fond of any of them but ConvertXtoDVD seems the "best" of the bunch but I don't know if it is the fastest per se.
    Get ConvertXtoDVD, when dealing with downloaded Xvids it does a fine job and will convert at less than real time.
    Quote Quote