VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to scan a label of a commercial CD/DVD and then to print it, on a blank 4 5/8 self-adhesive label (Avery?). I know how to scan. I own Canon j560 printer and Word 2002 SP3 came with Window XP Pro. I could not find an option for printing disk labels in MS Word or printer properties, there is nothing about labels in printer manual. I have no talent nor desire to design my own labels. Printing CD title, artist's name, etc. could be my next choice.
    What should I buy?
    TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Buy some special printer paper that has the circular adhesive labels - Best Buy etc sell it. Typically, you can download the necessary Word templates or custom software for free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member 1st class
    Search Comp PM
    First, buy some Avery CD labels, which are available at all of the office supply stores. Then download their software from http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp?wtloc=top. With a little learning, you should find out how to paste a scanned image into the software for printing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yuhr
    What should I buy?
    The actual commercial DVD itself? :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The consensus is not to put adhesive labels on any DVD/CD at all. It's known to screw playback up. Either use a sharpie, or get printable media + a CD printer.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by festmaster
    First, buy some Avery CD labels, which are available at all of the office supply stores. Then download their software from http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp?wtloc=top. With a little learning, you should find out how to paste a scanned image into the software for printing.
    Do not use labels. Read the sticky in the media forum.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mats. LS are correct: I would not advise applying any form of adhesive label to any disc - you're buying trouble.

Personally, I use inkjet printables and R series printers.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My bad: To assist: I scan at 206 to 300 dpi, depending on how large a file that I want to create. I only resort to cover art downloads when I cannot create what I want, and typically will modify those to suit me.

For low resolution downloads, I increase the resolution with software (PhotoZoom).
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote