VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was hoping to find out if this unit is worth repairing....
    Basically I lost This VCR and my plasma TV at the same time..... All my other equipment plugged in at that outlet is fine... AT the time, on;ly the VCR was plugged into the TV. So either had some power surge, or TV crapped and took out VCR ... dunno... But TV will get fixed..

The display on the vcr lights up when plugged in... Power button does not work. When tape is inserted, VCR immediately ejects. On the VCR display, the clock symbol and the tape symbol blink really fast.

Anyone have an idea how much these cost to repair? This has been by far my favorite VCR. I'd hate to lose it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it's worth repairing. It would be anywhere from $60-100 usually. Depends on the problem and the service person. take to a JVC authorized center only.

This assumes it can be fixed. The surge may have really done major damage. Take it in and let it be looked at, if nothing more.

You really need to put equipment like this on a battery backup surge protector (UPS), even if it's just a cheap $40 one. You should never use an outlet or even a cheap surge protector, use a UPS. This goes for anything, be it a computer, nice television, video game console, or video hardware.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You really need to put equipment like this on a battery backup surge protector (UPS),

Yeah... Iknow this....... I had a UPS/Battery backup that died around the same time my daughter was born... money was a little tight then.... of course I really cant use that excuse now ..... kinda dumb of me
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey good news.... I left the vcr unplugged overnight, and then tried it in the morning... Now it works
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, you mean you'd not tried that yet? Yeah, that would usually reset electronics.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I tried it.... Everything was unplugged for a few minutes last night... Must not have been long enough...
    Quote Quote