VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Probably a crazy question, but here goes.

Is there a standalone DVD Player capable of reading iso images and Vob files?

Thanks
    Blue
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bluemoss
    Probably a crazy question, but here goes.

Is there a standalone DVD Player capable of reading iso images and VTS files?
    Yes, all of them. That's how a DVD player works. Or did you perhaps mean is there a standalone DVD player capable of ripping iso images and VTS files to a PC hard drive or similar?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, what I meant is, I have an external HD with iso images of movies I have ripped and wanted a standalone that was capable of playing those movies from that external HD via 2.0 usb on my t.v.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This question was just asked within the last week or two. There were a few players found that list support (although it wasn't exactly clear and a couple of them listed it as in testing). But there was no one that had used one of the players to make specific comments.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok, yep found this DVD Players with USB 2.0 port.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just because a player has a USB 2.0 port that doesn't mean it will do what you asked about. Good luck - you will need it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98
    Just because a player has a USB 2.0 port that doesn't mean it will do what you asked about.
    He meant the name of the thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic340062.html

The Ziova and Zensonic players have the ability to read and play ISO images. The Zensonic even clains to read from NTSF formatted drives.

The Tvixbox players support USB2 and NTFS but don't seem to support DVD ISO.

http://www.tvixbox.com/
    Quote Quote