VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys. I really need some help fast with this one please....

I have a Canon HV20 video camera.

I've recorded some footage in standard DV setting on a tape that also has HDV footage. On playback on the camera, all is fine, but when I tried to capture to my PC, the audio for the DV footage wasn't there. Just silence.

I understand that two different formats on one tape may cause such a problem, but what's the way around it? I really want the footage I filmed, so how can I capture the audio too please?

I've tried different settings on the camera, but I must be missing something. I'm capturing with WinDV, which is great and I've never had a problem with.

Things like this are sooooo frustrating.......thanks ever so much in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Capture the DV footage through firewire, capture the audio through analogue outputs from the camera, then bring the two together in your editor before editing.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay, I've managed to capture with Vegas 7. It always fails after a few minutes when capturing HDV, but it's captured the DV okay, but it did drop quite a few frames. Anything I can do to rectify that?

Edit - Aaaaargh! After 8 minutes it froze!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've sorted out all the problems. On my camera I needed to unlock DV setting. Can now capture m2t files without problem. Love the results.
    Quote Quote