VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I am curently making a DVD where I need a help with music in menu. I am using DVDLab PRO. I have actually no problem putting the music in the menu, but I have 3 levels of menu (main and two more for choosing chapters and so on). I put the music in the first menu and it plays fine. But when I go to the second or third menu it either stop playing or starts to play again from the beginning (when I put the music in all three menus separately). Is there a way to kind of "do not refresh the music from the beginning, but just keep playing through all the menus without stopping? Hope you know what I mean. I searched this forum and couldn't find topic like this and I searched in the manual as well as just trying in the way of try and error.
    Thanx in advance for your help and time helping others.
    Honza
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD specification doesn't allow for music to continue through menu changes. The secret is to not make your menu music too loud or bombastic, so the changes are as abrupt or noticeable.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that was fast. Not good news though. Thank you anyway,Mats.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, Guns1inger for your tip. Will try and see how it goes.It is so annoying when the music starts over and over from the start. Someone should change the rulz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe they have for HD DVD and BluRay, but that is a whole different kettle of fish.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And whole different money. Well, maybe I will stop the music entirely.Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I use music I try to keep the levels down, have it fade in and fade out, and either have a fairly long passage of music, or have loop after 30 seconds or less. I find that if the loop is fairly short, people will tend to move to the next menu at the end of the loop simply because it feels natural. If the passage is a longer the the change over isn't as noticeable. The other trick is to use different pieces of music on each menu, so it isn't the same piece constantly starting over.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also jump over a short "interlude" between menus, that visually and audibly "bridges" the separate menus together. The abrupt audio stop in the first menu will still be a problem, but can perhaps be better adressed (hidden) this way.

/Mats
    Quote Quote