Thread
    Search Comp PM
    That's a good one, yes.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about if I had to get an external TBC? Is the DataVideo 1000 a lot better than the AV Toolbox 8710?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used the DataVideo 90% of the time for the first 5 years I owned it. When I moved about a year ago, my new house does not play nice with the DataVideo TBC. It has power line noise. It works fine elsewhere, just not my house, even on an AVR UPS. I don't get it.

It was built like a tank, had 4 outputs, and never had a glitch.

The AVT-8710 works quite well. But it's plastic, and after too many hours of use, it glitches the signal (chroma flickers, luma waivers, grid pattern noise, etc). But I'm talking like 6-10 hours in a row. No off switch either, yank the AC from the plug, or the back of the TBC.

But the 8710 puts out a clean signal that my TBC-1000 won't do.

I've considered selling my TBC-1000 a few times. It mostly just collects dust on the shelf at the moment. I don't remember when I used it last.

I've got several Sima devices too, same deal, no need, taking up closet space. Not TBCs, but pretty handy at stripping color from signals, and they partially stabilize signals with very minor errors.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This looks like a nice unit on eBay. (nice price, at time of this post too!)

Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U S-VHS High Definition VCR - NEW
    The Devil`s always.....in the Details!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried what some of you said about using a DVD recorder as passthrough and it worked so far. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunatly as the orig poster is in the US my opinion won't help much but anyway...
    I orig got a Pan HS 860 with tbc/nr (UK PAL) which looked good but due to the amount of interest in JVC digipure I got one later a HM-S1 which is a HDD/svhs combi. Although it seems to have the full digipure options it never produces better results than the Pan. Often tapes which I thought where OK suddenly become a problem when I try the JVC. So know I rarely bother at all.
    As for the Pan 1970/80 I'm sure that the limited amounts on offer do make them a risky used buy. Pan made quite a few consumer models like mine in direct competition the JVC's in the UK and Europe, as well as some earlier more pro-sumer models like the 1980. I've never found any similar Pan vcrs to mine for the US market which is a shame. If I didn't have my Pan I'd be considering another brand other than JVC, one with some form of 3DNR and couple to an ext TBC. That set up may not be as successful as using a JVC vcr its hard to say.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Personnally i use a jvc s-vhs Hr-8600ms and so far so good.Includes digipure tech.

Here is a some information i found about the "digipure tech.":

DigiPure technology includes Digital Wide TBC (time base corrector) which digitally removes jitter, Precision 3-D Color circuit for clearer color separation, Digital 3-D YNR.CNR which improves the signal-to-noise over a wider range, and Digital R3 Picture System which applies edge correction to the luminance signal to enhance detail. At the base of these DigiPure technologies is a Digital 3-Dimensional Circuit with 4MB Frame Memory. Together, they maximize the potential of Super VHS, which uses high-band recording to deliver 60% better picture quality than ordinary video.

source here

and for the people interested i see one hr-8600ms for sell on €b@y

The only thing this vcr lacks in my opinion is a gold plated pin. It's just normal output :/ can't connect a gold plated cable to improve the signal transfert it wouldn't be wise.

You say the Panasonic AG-1980 S-VHS is better which is probably true when i see its price on ebay 1099$ wow! this is crazy.it is more expensive than a d-vhs.I wonder what kind of image he can produce

Now i need to buy a d-vhs deck i'm sure i will have some fun with that[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have any info on getting the Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U to do firewire to the PC?
    Quote Quote  
  9. user manual for this brand/model:

http://download.jazel.net/misc/filecache/1a/1af8b6601554984f3d41d8590eabfe4f_968-HS-HD2000U_OG.pdf

i guess there is the information you're looking for in it
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, will read through it and test some stuff when I get the unit in house.
    Quote Quote