VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Pinnacle studio is an easy-to-use package and gives perfect results. But the product is unfortunately not very stable and crashes frequently, which is quite annoying. Although the various versions contributed to the stability of the program, the problem remained as a major handicap. May I request the forum members, who have been using the latest version of Studio with its patches to share their experiences and opinions on this problem. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Studio 8, 9 and even 10 have had problems. However the last Studio 10 patch has resolved many issues and Studio 11 is working well for many. I have been using Pinnacle products for a long time and many will tell you that Pinnacles past track record has not been good. I have been using Studio since version 8. The studio line has always been the most powerful consumer editing software on the market, but it also had its fair share of bugs. I purchased Studio 10 when it first came out and it was so buggy I ended up moving to Liquid 6.1 which I purchased for $80 new. I still occassionally use Studio 9 and 11, but I edit hours of HD on Liquid mostly.

With this said, I have used products such as Ulead Video and Move Studio, and also Arc Soft and many others. None of them were able to touch Pinnacles DVD Authoring system, its editing functionality and its effects abilities. They have also had there share of bugs as well.

Anyhow, no matter which product you choose, make sure your system is up to the task. Many people expect outdated systems to run video editing software, but like new games on the market, video editing systems task your system heavilly. So if your setup does not meet at least the minimum requirements then your asking for trouble.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Video is tough and most programs have some issues. Pinnacle just seems uninterested in fixing Studio.

If you want stability, save up for Vegas the best of breed. It can be crashed but usually recovers after reboot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Even Vegas has had its problems. Most of the problems that have come from NLE's is many people want to use them on inadequate systems. Lastly, I would agree that in the past that it appeared that pinnacle did not want to fix there Studio, but this has not been the case in the most recent pasts. Studio 11 has perfromed well just beware it requires a decent computer setup.

When I say an adequate system, you should have 2-3 large Hard Drives (System Drive, Media Drive, Render Drive). A decent modern video card, ATI x1600 or equivalant. At minimal 1 Gig of system memory and consider disabling background programs like Firewalls, Anti Virus and Spy Ware tools while editing. If you are looking to edit HD material then you will want a Duel Core processor or HT 2.6ghz or above) This is a basic editing system.

An ideal system would be 3 gig of system ram, core2 Processor and a lot of HD Space. I am able to edit/preview 5 layers of HD Content in real time, but my system was designed for this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pinnacle laways had problems. I had Pinnacle but it left me angry all the time so I got rid of it and no more stress. I went with Sony Vegas. I also has 130 lb problem a few years ago, Once I got a Divorce I was happier and stress free. Pinnacle was just like my Ex don't know how good life without that problem.
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote