VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

After having problem with Nero (the ONLY authoring SW I've used so far), I'm using the trial version of TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn DVD

I've been using TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 w/ Divx lately in order to burn .avi's to DVD, but I just started getting an error message saying "No Stream Available (Error Code 0x80048001)."

Does anyone know what could that possibly mean ???

If not, for the purpose of burning avi file onto DVD, with few basic chapter settings, etc., could anyone possibly recommend similar DVD author program please?

I've tried using ImgBurn but it's not taking .avi file as an input.
    Nope, I'm NOT God, but I'm British (which is the next best thing ;) !!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please give us more information about your source avi, video and audio codec. Identify with for example gspot.
    Does it happen with all avi files? or just that one?

Other seems to have same problem , https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338212.html?highlight=0x80048001 , but noone gives information about the source files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Sorce file's ".avi" movie that I've created by working through video editing in Adobe Premiere (on a movie captured from a camcorder).

I'm not too sure of audio/video codec myself, I'm afraid.

On Nero, it burns perfectly well with menu, etc. but it fails to play the movie on my DVD player (works OK on PC though) & hence decided to try different program such as TMPG to see if the DVD burnt from here could be played on my stand-alone DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you creating a DVD, or burning Divx files to DVD blanks ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a dv-avi if you aren't reconverting to another format in Premiere. Maybe tmpgenc dvd author has problem with dv-avi type1 or type2 dv-avis. Open the avi in gspot and see what it says or post a screenshot.

But Nerovision should be able to create a dvd that works on dvd players, maybe just "crappy" dvdr media. Have you tried a different dvdr media brand? or dvd+r?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To answer, guns1inger, I'm creating DVD, as opposed to DivX (that's the last option in TMPG saying DivX Ultral PAL (Europe, etc.). I'm selecting output format as DVD-Video PAL (Europe, etc.)

For Baldrick, I've attached screen shot of GSpot & am also attaching screen shot of TMPG input clip properties.

Nero worked perfectly well until I worked on my last project. This time, it burns OK, except that not playing on my DVD player (doesn't go beyond Menu screen). I've tried DVD+ & DVD- discs. I've tried Samsung & Verbatim, so far. These are the same DVDs that I'd used in my last project & it all worked perfectly OK then.

Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When do you get that error in tmpgenc dvd author? It looks like you can import it okey.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get this error message when I try to "output" the file on to blank DVD. As soon as I click on output, within 5 seconds or so, it shows this error message & stops the burning process.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Has it worked before with tda?
    Have you installed any codec packs or other video software lately?

Maybe just try reinstall TDA or nerovision.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So where is the second audio track coming from ? G-spot shows that there is a single audio track in the file, yet you are telling tmpgenc that there is two ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nero worked perfectly well until I worked on my last project. This time, it burns OK, except that not playing on my DVD player (doesn't go beyond Menu screen). I've tried DVD+ & DVD- discs. I've tried Samsung & Verbatim, so far. These are the same DVDs that I'd used in my last project & it all worked perfectly OK then.
    Maybe it's a hardware problem. Why don't you fire up Nero CD-DVD Speed and do a Transfer Rate Test (F2) on your non-working burn.

You want it to look similar to this:

Quote Quote