VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an input video with a AR of 2.35:1 that I'd like to convert to 1.77:1 (or 1.85:1).
    The original file's resolution is 640x272; and I'd like to convert it to a resolution of 312x176 to put on my iPod Touch.

I am using AviSynth to resize the video before encoding and this works fine, however, I want to be able to downsize the video to achieve a 1.77:1 AR without having a distorted AR.

The reason I want to convert it to 1.77:1 is because that way I can get more video with less black bars on the IPT's screen.

Is the only way to properly resize to crop off parts of the video from the sides or is there another way of accomplishing this?

Also, would someone please post the proper way of accomplishing this in AviSynth, what I came up with I can't reproduce right now and I'm not even sure if it's right.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-
    Is the only way to properly resize to crop off parts of the video from the sides or is there another way of accomplishing this?
    Yes, it's the only way to accomplish it at the same time keeping the proper AR.

Crop(78,0,-78,0)
    LanczosResize(312,176)
    Quote Quote