VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I just wanted to know what font type do they use for music videos when displaying the artist name, song title, director name and label name

I would also like to know how is the green screen that is used for trailers is done. I am assuming it is a gradient filled with different types of greens. I also would like to know the font type used.

Thanks in advance[/img]

How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Q#1 I'd imagine there is no set font. Generally for video you want to use a basic font like arial for samller text.

For the green you can create that in an image editing application using a circular gradient tool. not sure of the font but Arial narrow is pretty close but it doesn't appear to be narrow enough. Could be adjusted by manually resizing the width in an image editor. Backround doesn't quite match but this was just quick example.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have a browse through dafont.com and I'm sure you will find something close enough

My guess is that the font in question belongs to the MPAA and they will attempt to sue anyone who uses it, downloads it, watches it with friends (or their cat), or otherwise looks slightly sideways at them.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks alot to all

thanks gunslinger that is very informative. shoot they can sue you for fonts too. WOW!!!!
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote