VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle Workshop is crashing every time after I load a subtitle file (tried both .srt file and .ssa file). This seemed to start occurring after I upgraded to nero7.

After researching for quite a bit, I found out that this may be a problem with vobsub? Someone suggested disabling vobsub, and that seemed to stop the subtitle workshop crashes. HOWEVER, I had to use the internal subtitle viewer in SW and I couldn't get subtitles to display anymore with media player classic (since vobsub is disabled).

Is there any way to get BOTH SW not to crash AND enabling vobsub so that I can see the subs with using MPC?? This setup worked perfectly fine before the installation of nero7...

Thanks in advance to those kind enough to help!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What version of vobsub? Maybe try upgrade to latest vsfilter instead?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick - thanks for replying! I finally was able to solve this issue... I ended up reinstalling vobsub (which was the most recent version) as well as vsfilter (which had a newer version). Now it looks like everything is working the way it was prior to the nero installation. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similar problem.

It seems some automatic subtitle viewer was displaying the subtitles of a movie when I opened the corresponding AVI file (eg, "video.avi" and subs in "video.srt").
    Mostly this is fine, but Subtitle Workshop would get screwed up because it was also trying to display the subtitles.

I found I could prevent the autoloading by renaming the subtitle file.
    Renaming the subs (eg, to "video_.srt") stopped the autoload.
    When using Subtitle Workshop, you now have to select the SRT and video files explicitly.

When you're done editing subs, you can change the name of the SRT back if you want.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sew this movie few hours ago, and I said to myself I must show this to my little sisters. So I decided to tittle it on my language. I asked a computer-wizz what should I use for such a job and he said Subtitle Workshop.

Now. My prob is same as yours. But. I cant make out what are u guys talking about? If u cant translate how to fix a prob on dummy's language I would appreciate it.

If this means anything, I'm using Windows Media Player Classic with output set on: VMR9 ( renderless )** (so I can use tittles in Windows Media Player Classic), and Nero 8. k-lite codeck pack is 445. Thanx in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by XXIX
    I sew this movie few hours ago, and I said to myself I must show this to my little sisters. So I decided to tittle it on my language. I asked a computer-wizz what should I use for such a job and he said Subtitle Workshop.

Now. My prob is same as yours. But. I cant make out what are u guys talking about? If u cant translate how to fix a prob on dummy's language I would appreciate it.
    I said:
    Renaming the subs (eg, to "video_.srt") stopped the autoload.
    When using Subtitle Workshop, you now have to select the SRT and video files explicitly.
    Then
    1) open the SRT file. It should NOT automatically load a video, as it has a different name.
    2) open the video ("Movie/open"). You should only see one set of subtitles.
    3) edit your subs
    4) exit Subtitle Workshop
    5) rename the SRT to its original name
    Now opening the video in your player should find and display the SRT.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was using Cole2k codec pack and everything was fine. but after uninstalling it and installing latest k-lite codec pack (klcodec462f) this problem started occurring.
    I just disabled ffdshow and the problem is gone! Vobsub is present and causing no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok. tnx guys.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    1) open the SRT file. It should NOT automatically load a video, as it has a different name.
    2) open the video ("Movie/open"). You should only see one set of subtitles.
    3) edit your subs
    4) exit Subtitle Workshop
    5) rename the SRT to its original name
    Now opening the video in your player should find and display the SRT.
    I can confirm that AlanHK's steps worked to solve my "crash on opening film or subtitles" problem with the combo Subtitle Workshop / WinXP / ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thank you so much for this thread, solved all my recent troubles
    Quote Quote