VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone direct me to THE definitive guide to creating VCD and SVCD as well as DVDs? I have just acquired a DVD-RAM drive and already have a lowly CD burner. With the DVD-RAM came Nero Essentials. I've been trying to burn a movie (avi) that I downloaded off the net but Nero Essentials keeps telling me that there is not enough room on the DVD, although this was supposed to have been extracted from a DVD, so go fig. I'm not interested in pirating stuff. I just want to learn the technical of this particular and (from what I can determine) relatively new form. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There is no guide like that. Too many programs, too many methods, too many formats.

But to the left in 'HOW TO' there are guides for Capture, Convert, Author and DVD Backup. And in 'Tools', again to the left, almost every tool page has links to guides at the bottom of the page for that particular program.

And welcome to our forums.

EDIT: And just for general AVI to DVD, try the freeware FAVC or the payware ConvertXToDVD. I think you will find either will be a better solution than Nero. Also use ImgBurn to burn the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nero essentials is severely crippled. It is even difficut to use for data buring and has no support for video. It is there to encourage upgrade to full Nero. Full Nero is a sub average video prep program but wiil get you a VCD or DVD for ~$80.

Comes down to your effort to learn this stuff. Look at the tutorials.
    Quote Quote