VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am an old fart, kind of fumbling along, hoping to learn something. I have captured video via my Hauppauge TV card and burned it to DVD via Ulead Movie Factory. I have captured video to my hard drive from a VCR thru the TV card.
    I have run into a problem trying to imput to my computer VRO files recorded on DVD-RAM. The first one I did took some time, but seemed to come off without a hitch. I had Super © input the file from my disc drive and output it to my hard drive in vob DVD compliant mpeg2 with an AC3 audio codec. From there, Ulead Movie Factory burned a DVD.
    My second experience with Super© is taking forever. I have aborted it twice, thinking I might change an output setting (ie. video scale size, aspect ratio, I really don't know what those are, I'm kinda pushing buttons-see if something works).
    Anyway, I'm a disabled guy who's not very well heeled, and I try to make do with freeware.

If you have a tip or two about how I might more effectively use the DMR DVD-Recorder, attached to my television to convert home VHS videos to DVD format, I would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you copy the vro files from the disc using windows explorer without problems?

But I'm pretty sure that you should be able to import from dvd-ram vros using ulead dvd movie factory or maybe it's just in newer versions or ulead dvd workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right at this moment I am ripping a DVD-RAM to my computer HDD with the Panasonic Movie Album SE Copy Tool (as I have for several years). I got the software with a Matsushita (Panasonic) DVD burner years ago but you can probably still get it from Panasonic. With it I can pull every separate program my E80H records off a RAM disc as well as erase the disc in such a way that it gives me 1:03 in HQ and 2:07 in SP. I don't use it for authoring discs though. That's TMPGEnc DVD Author's job as it recognizes the .VRO files natively. Or you can use Womble Mpeg Video Wizard to also edit the VROs. Been doing this for many years now....
    Quote Quote