VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Imation is now on my worst DVD brand list. I use to use their DVD-RWs with no problem, but I am staying away from their DVD-Rs.

I usually buy Verbatim, but I was running out of DVDs fast and needed some DVDs quickly. Closest place that sold DVD was Wal-Mart. I saw Imation brand DVD-Rs and figured I would try those since they didn't carry Verbatim. Worst choice in my life.

I attempted to write 15 DVDs. 2 of those wrote right! I have the latest firmware and software. My DVD Writer is the Pioneer DVR-112D. The problem is their quality of DVDs. There are faint circles in the ink of the DVD that shouldn't be there. Anyone else have this problem with this brand in this DVD model, or is there something else wrong?

I searched this board and also so the bad comments on Imation here. I guess I should do some research before I go off to a new brand.

Bad thing is that I bought the 100 pack. Now I'm stuck with them all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe IMATION media is manufactured by CMC which is crappy media.
    Use DVDINFO PRO or DVD IDENTIFIER to find out the media ID. Or take the discs back to wally worlds and inform them that they don't work correctly with your dvd burner. Hopefully they'll give you a refund then go to BEST BUY and buy the 100 pack spindles of SONY DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This thread is about media, not burners. Moving you to our Media Forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imation tends to use: CMC, RITEK, FUJIFILM.

None of them are spectacular. Some are downright craptacular.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most recent Imation media is CMC.

The only big box store to consistantly carry Verbatim is Officemax. Bestbuy sometimes has it.

Most bricks and mortar mass-market retailers would take your Imations back with a receipt. That includes Walmart. So if you kept the receipt you're out time and effort but should get your money back.

Some manufacturer's drives can burn CMC media to completion consistantly but not all will.

Lots of folks with Pioneer drives have problems with everything but TY and Verbatim (MCC). Either find a reliable source of so-called "quality media" or buy an LG or Samsung burner and burn what's on sale.
    Quote Quote