VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Which backlight color for portable electronics blue, green or white?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So which color do you prefer for the backlight color on portable electronics? It seems that in my experience the three main colors used are shades of green, blue, and white.

To me a light blue backlight is easiest on the eyes in the dark.

How about you?

It would be interesting if companies would be able to give you a choice of backlight colors on the same model. Or better yet being able to CHANGE the color on the same mode. Though that would add to the costs and make it a heavier model with other lights I'm sure.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It probably depends on what they use for a light source to backlight the LCD panel as to the color choices. If it was LEDs, you could have three different color LEDs (RGB) and adjust it to about any color. But they probably use some sort of electroluminescent panel with limited color choices.

I like blue myself, as long as it's not blindingly bright.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Azul por favor.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Another vote for blue?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    Another vote for blue?
    SI SENOR.

AZUL ES MUY BONITO.
    Quote Quote  
  6. "Doesn't matter as long as it works" If a device was available in all three options I honestly don't know which I'd choose. I'd have to see all three choices and decide which one is easier for ME to read on the specific device. Some colors might work better with certain displays than others.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  7. Whatever happened to red? Red doesn't kill your night vision. LED calculators were great in dim places. Red flashlights are ideal for night-time walks in the country. I suppose red is just uncool in this day when eveything has to have a blue or white light. Another thing. Could we please have displays that are readable in bright sunlight? My old cellphone had a reflective monochrome display and could be read anywhere. My new phone is color, white backlight, and totally useless in the sun. Same with the camera. Come on, manufacturers, get with it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Blue for all! Blue for my portable devices, blue for my reel to reels
    Quote Quote