VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to put a movie from a movie camera, a slide show of stills done with MS Photo Story 3 and a folder with going on to 150 .jpg files. Using EZ Media Creator v10 I finally got the two movies on a DVD but I have been
    unsuccessful in putting the data files on the same disk. Is it possible to do this and if so, how?

...>>Sam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can put about anything you want on a DVD as long as it's outside the VIDEO_TS folder. Author your DVD and then add the VIDEO_TS folder and your other files by dropping them into ImgBurn using 'Build' mode, then burn to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I usually make a separate directory called data, or photos or the like.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Folks, Thanks for the pointers.

I am now trying to work with ImgBurn and I am not sure how to do what I want to do. I want to take
    a movie clip off of one DVD, a slide show off of another DVD and a bunch of .JPG files in directories and subdirectories and burn them to one DVD. The problem that I am having is how to input the information in to ImgBurn. Can I not just mark the directories and input them? It seems to force me to go down each tree and mark and open at the file level. What am I not understanding?

Am I correct in assuming that you add all of the files you want and then create the image for burning? Or do
    you add each set of files, do an image and somehow combine the three images?

Lastly, I do not understand what the top bar in the source area does. I seem to be unable to use it when I
    use the Browse for Folder icon. As I said before, when I browse for a folder, I seem to not be able to mark a top level folder, only at the file level within the folders, going down level by level and marking and opening the various files in the subfolders.

Can someone help me out, spin me around and head me in the correct direction?

Thanks much,

...>>Sam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can grab a file or a folder. Just click on the correct icon for what you want.

Go to the Help menu in Imgburn and you find links to the official tutorials. They should sort you out.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What device do you want the result to play on? computer or dvd Player ? or xbox355? or both?
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Create a JACKET_P folder - that's what Hollywood does (as do I)
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You only need a jacket_p if you are using jacket_p images. You can create any folder you like at the root level. As long as you leave the video_ts and audio_ts (if present) alone, you can do anything. You can put files in the root of the disc so you can install software, if that is your fancy.

For neatness, it is best to create a couple of folders at the root level, and put the files in those.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gunslinger, Ok, I got how to mark a folder. I was using the mark file icon and missed the second icon that was to mark a folder. Easy once you know how.

RabidDog, I would like the disk to play on a DVD player but it sure would be nice if it would play on a computer as well.

Classfour, I have no idea what a jacket_p is nor what its significance is. Can you explain a bit more?

Gunslinger, I understand about the Video_ts and Audio_ts but what happens when you have two from different medias and they are the same names? Also, I now understand how to put various files with their directories and subdirectories in the build.

Sorry to be such a newbie but have never ventured into this realm before
    and have a lot to learn. Thanks for helping me out.

...>>Sam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just combine two different sets of VOBs from different DVDs. You can combine them through authoring - DVD Shrink is a simple method if you don't need menus, GUIForDVDAuthor is a free tool if you need to create your own menus, and DVD Remake Pro is the only sane solution if you want to keep both original menus. But you can only have one video_ts folder per DVD.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote