VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am converting from MPG to WMV and am specifying 720x480 in my profile. The strangest thing on my development machine and another test machine the video result is exactly what I expect; however, on the deployment machine where I wish the conversion to take place the video comes out much wider and seems of an inferior quality. I have checked the software installed and don't see what would be the issue. Do you think it might be the video card because this is a server where I really just want to run software and will play the videos on other machines so maybe the video card is not the best. I do have MCE installed and NVIDIA Decoder installed. Any ideas?
    Many Thanks,
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you taken a WMV file created on the problem machine and played it on your other machine(s)?

If it plays correctly, it means the encoding is correct and that most likely the codecs/media player are different. Do you have NVIDIA Decoder on all the machines? If only on the problem one, can you disable it?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    John,
    Thank you. I uninstalled the NVIDIA as well as a couple other DVD softwares and now it seems to work.

Rob
    Quote Quote