Edit: Please see my post below for more data on the situation.
So first let me say that I only started playing with TivoToGo/TivoDesktop over the weekend. I had not previously used it before. In the course of doing this, I finally upgraded my old SMC 802.11b router to a new Linksys WRT54G. On the b router it was taking over 8 hours to transfer a 1 hr show (Best Quality). After switching to the new router last night it took between 1:15 and 1:45. Even though it is not "real time" it is still a dramatic improvement over where I started. And yes, my Tivo - 80hr Series 2 540 - is using the Tivo Wireless G adapter.
Now, so far I have transferred 3 shows. 2 of them are acting just fine. All 3 are 1 hr CSI episodes. The problem I am having with the 3rd one is:
When I hit play and it opens in Media Player it says it is 1hr50min long....clearly wrong since it is a 1 hr show. I have not watched it all the way through but "skipped" around a bit and it seems to either repeat parts or the timing is clearly wrong. So then I opened the .tivo file in VideoReDo and it finally opened but gave the timing as 38 minutes! And in fact, when watching it in VideoReDo, a big chunk is in fact missing! So then I tried DSD? Converted it to mpg and opened in TMPGEnc DVD Author and it also says 38 minutes and has a big chunk missing.
What happened and what can I do?
The file is ocmplete and plays on my Tivo...I was out of the country during the initial airing and watched it on my return.
I have started re-downloading it but this time I am going thru the internal web page <ipaddress>/nowplaying/index.html instead of thru Tivo Desktop.
Any tips on what is going on here?
FYI: I posted this at the TivoCommunity forums to in the Tivo To Go area but no responses yet there. Any experts here?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
I wouldn't trouble any further until you have downloaded and tested it again. It was most likely a transfer issue.Google is your Friend
ugh! Knew I forget to mention something!
I did re-download but thru Tivo Desktop again. Noticed the problem yesterday. Re-downloaded overnight and found that it had the same problem this morning. So now transferring thru Firefox instead of Tivo Desktop. Of course, am at work and won't be home for several hours to know if there is any difference.
OK...back home playing with the newly downloaded file. Still got issues. This time instead of DSD, tried tivodecode to convert to mpg. Then opened mpg file in Windows Media Player. Still gave a length of 1:50 instead of 1:00. However, let it play thru the whole thing. Noticed 2 slight glitches: 1 at 5:42 and 1 at about 21:18 however it continued to play and otherwise played the entire episode.
So next I tried opening the mpg in TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 and it gave a length of 38 minutes instead of 1 hr. Started playback. At the 10:34 mark the episode is continuing to play in the main box but the frames no longer match. The frames are from later in the episode. Then at the 21:14 mark everything stops/dies.
Next I opened the mpg in VideoReDo and tried the quickstream fix and it errors out with an Audio Ring Buffer Overflow.
So, that is where I am at. I don't really think it is a transfer issue since this is the 3rd time now. Could still be an issue with my Tivo I guess even though the episode plays on the box. For now I'm just wondering what I can try to do to get this in a state where I can add it as a track to a DVD. I was trying to put the season finale (last season) and season premiere together on a disc for a friend who hasn't seen them since it was a "to be continued."