VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What type of RAM is this? I assume it's PC133 (CL3). What's throwing me off is SYNCH. Full information on the RAM is MT16LSDT3264AG-133E1 PC133U-333-542-ASG 256BM, SYNC, 133MH, CL2.

Friends of mine have an old Compaq with XP Home SP2 and it's running slow. It had no security on it so my first thought was viruses / spyware. I loaded and did scans with AVG rootkit, AVG antivirus and spybot. Everything came up squeaky clean. They did a restore two or three weeks ago and I think that's why everything is so clean. Anyway, they're running with only 256MB of RAM. They have one stick in three slots. I pulled the stick and above is the information on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    z-CPU the board/CPU/RAM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like it's a MICRON PC133 ram. As LS mentions use CPU-Z to get the correct memory, cpu & mobo. Here's the link to download CPU-Z.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys. Just ordered a stick of 512MB for $60. That should give them more than enough for what they do.

I also left them with Win XP Home firewall, AVG antivirus and spybot scanner enabled.
    Quote Quote