VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a .Dat file that i burned into a VCD using Nero. It works perfectly fine on one dvd player, but on another the picture is in black and white and it flickers -not watchable.

i suspect that it is a Pal/NTSC incompatibility. i read that some dvd players automatically convert pal to ntsc or something. i am thinking that my one dvd player has this feature and the other doesn't.

however, on the dvd player that it is not working on, i have the feature of changing the region codes. i am not sure if this is relevant at all. does anyone know what i can do to get this disc to work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, it's probably a PAL/NTSC problem and you would have to convert to NTSC if you can't change to NTSC output on the dvd player or to PAL mode on your TV. The region code is only for DVDs and has also nothing to do with PAL/NTSC problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do i convert the file into NTSC? I have it in .dat and also in .mpg, both of which give me the same result when i try to play it. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nero and especially NeroVision should be able to convert to NTSC, choose VCD and NTSC(I don't know exact where because I last used Nero 2001 ) and add the .dat video file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    converting with nero didn't work. same result.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then Nero didn't actually convert it.

Region codes play no part in VCD playback.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote