VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Let's see, this is a movie, right? And it's NTSC, right?
    It is a PAL movie.

In the new screen there should be 17 cells listed. Are there?
    Yes, there are.

One possible problem is if you demuxed by VOB ID as the guide picture shows, rather than by PGC. If so, go back and demux again, this time set up in the default PGC Mode. If there's more than one VOB ID, that could easily explain the problem.
    I think I did. I will demux it again. Thank you, Manono. I would get nowhere if there wasn't for you.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VobBlanker.png
Views:	393
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	8080  

Quote Quote  
  2. It's only showing one VOB ID, so that blows that theory. But maybe the demux got cut off early for some reason. You can't play the M2V and get the correct length. But if you play your demuxed audio, it's supposed to show 1:25:43 to be the length. I'm guessing it's not that long.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AC3 audio is 1:25:44 long (MPC-HC) and "Multiplex completed OK. See log for statistics of each file set." Did we solve the case?
    By the way, you didn't answer me about two set of subtitles (4:3 and 16:9): What criteria should I follow? Oh, and by the way, I am using MaestroSBT, too.
    And: If you have subs for 2 languages and a 16:9 video, you follow those instructions I gave earlier, but do the whole procedure twice.
    Me: Yes, I tried to do that, but after I load three subtitles and set the appropriate options, MuxMan won't allow me to go on the fourth stream. I have no idea why.

So, I did the procedure for English subtitle in MuxMan, but instead of doing the same thing for the subtitle I want to add, I had to load it once and then select both options (LB and Wide) because of the limitation. Now, when I play the DVD with MPC-HC, I can enable English subtitle just fine, but when I click on the other one, it doesn't show up on the screen. And it's strange that I can actually see the option for enabling the second subtitle because I didn't use PGCEdit just yet.
    Last edited by Charmer; 9th Aug 2011 at 08:55.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe your new subs are OK and will play after you 'turn them on'. The original IFO, which is the one retained after the VobBlanker processing, only had one set of subs. Just adding a second set into the VOBs isn't good enough. You have to modify the IFO so it recognizes them. That's what my earlier link pointed to - how to do just that using PGCedit. But if you loaded them into Muxman incorrectly, they still may not play.

And I also don't know why you couldn't add in that 4th stream, which is probably why I ignored the question.
    Quote Quote  
  5. And I also don't know why you couldn't add in that 4th stream, which is probably why I ignored the question.
    Can you assume what was the reason? Of course! Freaking administator's rights! I'll now run every program with it.

About two sets of subtitles, I found something you already wrote to me before: "Also, if for a 4:3 movie, you need only set it for '4:3 Correction'. If the movie is 16:9, you make 2 complete sets of SSTs, one for 4:3 correction and another for 16:9." But I have a problem, again. MaestroSBT keeps italic tags, it doesn't skew the letters. I am using Deja Vu Sans, if that's important.
    Edit: I used Aegisub's export option instead of Subtitle Workshop, and now it works.
    Last edited by Charmer; 9th Aug 2011 at 13:31.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I can't believe it. I muxed the DVD and everything went fine, but when I select the added subtitle, every subtitle line shows up in strange colors and the whole screen goes blue. After a subtitle reaches the end, video screen is just fine. I tried to change colors with DVDSubEdit, and I tried to copy them from the original DVD with IfoEdit, but nothing works. Screen goes blue everytime a subtitle shows.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Open the DVD in DVDSubEdit and make that blue color transparent. You can fix all the colors while you're in there.

Unfortunately, that will likely mess up the colors of the other subtitle language. Muxman uses the top row of the CLUT in a particular order to assign the colors. If the original subs use a different part of the CLUT or a different order in that top row of the 16 color CLUT, you'll have problems. If worse comes to worst, you may have to OCR the original subs and create fresh subtitles for them, also in MaestroSBT.
    Quote Quote  
  8. No, it is possible to assign different colour indexes to all subpics of a particular stream with DvdSubEdit, without modifying the colour lookup table (CLUT). Just select the stream you want to modify globally (in the upper right corner of the main DVDSubEdit window), then select another colour for the B, P, E1 or E2 pen you need to change (by clicking it and then clicking the right color in the little palette window), and Apply to All (from the Edit menu).

DVDSubEdit change the CLUT in the IFO only if you shift-click on a colour in its little palette window (and doing that affects all subpics that use the same colour pens), but if you select just another colour "slot", the CLUT is not modified, and therefore the original subtitle streams remain unchanged.

To change the transparency of the blue background, again, be sure to select the stream to change, then change the pen drop down menu from "All pixels" to the pixel type you want to change (it's the blue one), move the Transparency slider to 0, and Apply to All.

Repeat the procedure for all streams you have added, and save. The original streams should be exactly as they were in the original DVD, and your new streams should be correct.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 10th Aug 2011 at 02:48.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  9. That's good to know. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. You're welcome. BTW, I've also learned something from you. I didn't know that MaestroSBT tool. Is it better than SubtitleCreator? Can it also import a colour palette to automatically assign the right pens to the subpic colours?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Is it better than SubtitleCreator? I've never used SubtitleCreator for subtitle creation (although I use it for other things), so I don't really know the answer to that question. I do sometimes read complaints about creating subs in SubtitleCreator, though. But that could be from people that aren't very experienced with using it.

I don't know what a pen is, but as far as I can see there's no way to import anything except for an SSA text subtitle file. I first create SSA subs and then use MaestroSBT to create SST subs for use in Muxman. It can also create SON and a few other obscure kinds. I always fix the colors (outline, anti-alias, main) to my liking in PGCEdit afterwards. The DVDs with which I mostly work (Indian classic film DVDs) use crappy fonts, often poorly time the subs, and use poor English, so I heavily edit them after the OCR and then feed them to MaestroSBT to have it make the kind of subs I want.

I do sometimes use it for making subs for the first time for a DVD, and the procedure is pretty much the same.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I can confirm that SubtitleCreator has some bugs. (For example, some settings are not saved or restored correctly when you change them. Not sure why.) But you can import an IFO or a CLUT in PgcEdit's format, and it detects automatically the best colours to assign to the pixel types. That's really handy. And it creates directly a srt file.

I will use MaestroSBT the next time, to check it. Thanks for the info.

I use the term "pen" to designate the 16 colour "slots" of the CLUT. That term was widely used in old paint programs, when true colour was not available. All images were at that time based on a CLUT, containing a fixed number of colours, selected in a wider palette. To use a specific colour, it was necessary to select it in the CLUT. In fact, you were not drawing with a colour, but with a "pen" that was referencing a specific colour in the CLUT. The "number of the pen" was stored in the bitmap, rather than the colour itself in RGB format. It's exactly the same method that is applied to the subtitles: you select a pen number in the CLUT to assign it to one of the 4 pixel types. "Pen" is not an official term, but IMO, it is less confusing that using "colour", as colour is used to designate the real colour (that you can see and is stored in the CLUT) AND the colour index (that is stored in the subpic bitmap). Using the same term to designate two totally different things leads to confusion.

(BTW, there is a similar problem with the word "stream". It is used officially in the DVD-Video specs to designate the virtual stream (defined in "Domain Stream Attributes") as well as the physical stream (stored in the VOB files). That leads to confusions. For example, a single subpic stream for a 16:9 menu is made of several streams! Crazy! I have therefore recently decided to adopt the muxman terminology to better differenciate them, and in the next version of PgcEdit, the virtual streams will be called "tracks". Therefore, for example, Domain Streams Attributes has been renamed to "Domain Tracks Attributes".)
    Last edited by r0lZ; 10th Aug 2011 at 05:07.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I finally got decent results. Subtitles are not that bad, but they are much better in MaestroSBT's preview window. I guess it's because of the resizing done afterwards.
    Anyway, I replaced the VOB files from the original DVD and everything works fine when I play it with MPC-HC. Then I loaded the DVD using PGCEdit to turn on the other subtitle, but I get the following message: "Error loading NAV pack from "VTS_02_1.VOB" at sector 3748 (in file): Nav Pack identifier not valid. The VOB file *may* be CSS encoded: You cannot edit a CSS encoded disk! Or the VOB doesn't match the IFOs: Try to do a mock strip with IfoEdit." What is a mock strip and what do I get from it? Will I lose some data by performing that process? Also, will I need to update the IFO to reflect the changes of new VOB files?
    Edit: By the way, below is the sample of how the subtitles look like. Tell me what you think – should I change the font or fix something else? I think it's pretty good, but I want to know what you think, guys.
    Last edited by Charmer; 11th Aug 2011 at 07:06.
    Quote Quote  
  14. That error is important. It means that something went completely wrong in your procedure. As the message says, the VOB files you have generated are not correctly referenced by the IFOs. This happens, for example, when modified VOBs are simply copied to the original DVD folder (using the Windows Explorer), without using the correct procedure to import them (using VobBlanker or PgcEdit).

Does the same message appears when you load the DVD generated with muxman in PgcEdit?
    If it's not the case, try to re-import the title in the original DVD with the PgcEdit function File -> Replace VTST Titles. That should work.
    If the problem is present in the muxman DVD, then redo the whole procedure. I have no idea why this error should happen if you follow the guide carefully, and if muxman doesn't show an error message.

A "mock strip" is a trick to try to fix wrong IFOs. It uses ifoedit to do a fake strip of your VOB files, and in the process, it regenerate new IFOs. I do not recommend to do a mock strip in your case, since you have the original files and you can retry until that error message is not displayed any more. Anyway, the mock strip will not be able to really fix the problem. It just tries to regenerate IFOs that are more or less compatible with the bad VOBs.
    Quote Quote  
  15. This happens, for example, when modified VOBs are simply copied to the original DVD folder (using the Windows Explorer), without using the correct procedure to import them (using VobBlanker or PgcEdit).
    I did exactly that. I didn't know any other way.

Does the same message appears when you load the DVD generated with muxman in PgcEdit?
    No. Everything's fine then.

If it's not the case, try to re-import the title in the original DVD with the PgcEdit function File -> Replace VTST Titles. That should work.
    I will check it out right away. Thank you, man!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
    I did exactly that. I didn't know any other way.
    Follow the guide! It has not been written for dogs!

BTW, if you use the PgcEdit method to import the remuxed title back in the original DVD, don't forget to select the original title PGC in the left pane, then use Import VTST Titles. When prompted, select VTS_01_0.IFO of the muxman DVD. Finally, PgcEdit will ask you if you want to keep a lot of original values as they are in the original DVD. Answer yes. Everything should be fine if you have the same number of cells (chapters) in the original title and the remuxed one.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I didn't know VobBlanker is used for this kind of thing. I wanted to retain everything from the original DVD, not just the menus like it says in the guide, so I got confused. That's why I opened this topic. Anyway, I've managed to do what I wanted. Thank you all!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a TV show in DVD with 14 episodes and every episode has 1 subtitle. How do I add more subtitles to each one?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by user2008 View Post
    I have a TV show in DVD with 14 episodes and every episode has 1 subtitle. How do I add more subtitles to each one?
    By following this guide. Use method 2. We'll assume the episodes aren't all part of the same title.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't understand. Do I need to repeat all these steps 14 times for each VTS_"X"_0.IFO? If so, how will it be joined later?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by user2008 View Post
    I don't understand. Do I need to repeat all these steps 14 times for each VTS_"X"_0.IFO?
    Once for each VTS_"X"_0.IFO. Again, I'm assuming each episode is its own title. If not you'll have to join all the subs together before even getting started. Next time don't buy bootleg DVDs.
    If so, how will it be joined later?
    You'll add all the new little DVDs of the episodes with the subtitles back into the original DVD without subtitles. If each episode is it's own title. If all the episodes are together in a single title, then your only other hope is that each episode consists of one cell and one cell only. Then rather than replacing titles you'll be able to replace cells (chapters).

You could make this easier to diagnose by posting a picture. Open the DVD in VobBlanker. Highlight a VTS with an episode so it appears in the lower window. Take a picture as a JPG and upload it here.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hello, ive been trying to work this out on my own, but i feel like im wasting a lot of time trying stuff while the solution is fairly simple for others (perhaps).

i have a DvD, which a friend put together. He made his own Menu (nothing fancy, 3 buttons and like 30 sec of screen in the backround in a loop), which links to 3 parts (each 2 VoB's large).

When i Demux, i have to do this on each seperate part, but their names all become the same (VST_01_*). When i later try to remake the DvD, i cannot replace them, as all the files go over the Menu's info.

Is there a way to make Demux use a particular name, instead of always going for VST_01_*?
    or alternatively, how can i rename the newly muxed file without screwing it over? (as in, i can use method 1 to get the subtitle working in part one, but am unable to add subtitles to parts 2 and 3 or, using method two, i can get the option to select subtitles working with pgcedit but there are no subtitles to pull from the BUP? since replacing them doesnt seem to update it)

some screens, to hopefully clarify what little sense i am making. The DvD, i guess this much is obvious. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/origionaldvd.jpg/
    the first VST_01_* compiles the menu,
    the next 3 VST_02 to 04_0 is the movie itself,
    the first one holds the playing info, i think...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/pgcedit.jpg/
    PgcEdit looks like this, im not sure if selecting the actual parts of the movie helps? can post that too i suppose.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/vobblanker.jpg/
    this is VobBlanker, though obviously i started off fresh again so there is nothing to replace yet. if things are unclear please do ask, i dont really know what im doing and i think starting out with a home made DvD from somebody else may not have been the best starting point.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Demux each title to its own folder (Title 2, Title 3, Title 4). Add the subs and reauthor each title using Muxman. Then test each remuxed title by playing it as a DVD (like with PowerDVD or something like that) to make sure it has subs. Then replace each title individually in VobBlanker. There shouldn't be any problem with the names if they're all in different folders.

When all done with the replacing and you have your final DVD, 'turn on' the subs by following the instructions as detailed in the link in the guide, once for each of the three titles.

Also, turn on your file extensions. In addition to the BUPs (which contain no subtitles), you should also be able to see the IFO and VOB extensions.
    Quote Quote  
  24. ah yes, great ty. its a little more of a hassle than i thought it would be, but it worked out after i tried what you said. thank you
    Quote Quote  
  25. any guide for do it on MAC please!!!
    Quote Quote  
  26. How do you open an IFO? I know it's a silly question but where do I click? The open palette thing does nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    When remuxed has finish the colour external subtitles are ok (white colour), but after reauthored the colour of external subtitle is too dark.

can you help why can be like that? what's the solution?
    thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by axl70 View Post
    When remuxed has finish the colour external subtitles are ok (white colour), but after reauthored the colour of external subtitle is too dark.
    Fix the colors using either PGCEdit or DVDSubEdit. DVDSubEdit has a guide for this here:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by axl70 View Post
    Fix the colors using either PGCEdit or DVDSubEdit. DVDSubEdit has a guide for this here:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm
    Ok, i'll try it.
    Btw, one more question: i have .srt subtitles with perfect sync when i try to remux from dvd to mkv using dvdfab, everything fine. but,when that .srt subtitles i add to the dvd original using this guide & follows the others guide too, the .srt subtitles just sync about 10 or 15 minutes after that out of sync, i already tried 5 different movies with all perfect sync subt. but it's keep same problem.

very apreciated if you want help. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    problem solved by myself.
    Quote Quote