VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    i often had this problem on the last step when using Subtitle Creator wizard:

''error: Unable to stat 0.IFO'',

can someone help & how to solve this problem? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Need someone help me to solve this problem:

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by axl70 View Post
    Need someone help me to solve this problem:
    As it says in the message, VobBlanker doesn't support interleaved DVDs. You'll have to remove one of the angles. Apparently you have 2 or more different presentations? Maybe a theatrical cut and director's cut, something like that, in the same DVD?

It's just about impossible to add subs to that kind.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, my dvd have theatrical cut and director's cut version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is an excellent guide and I use it regularly.

I'm facing for the first time this problem:

I have a DVD that has 2 movies in it, and so i have 2 subtitles as well that I want to add.
    Is this possible?

(maybe it's the same problem with the guy's above?)
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, your problem isn't the same as his above. He has angles, you don't. You add for two complete movies the same way as you add for one:

1. Demux (PGCDemux)
    2. Remux with the added subs (Muxman)
    3. Stick the Muxman authored DVDs back into the original (VobBlanker)

Follow Baldrick's 'Method 2'.
    Quote Quote  
  7. yes, i always follow method 2.
    but how you put in Muxman 2 different m2v files, wih 2 different audio files, and 2 different sup files?

You must create a "new segment" in Muxman for the 2nd movie?

and i guess, you must put them in the same order too, right?
    eg. if movie A is in the VTS_1 batch of files, and movie B is in the VTS_2 batch of files, you should put them as Segment 1 & 2 respectively. not the other way around. right?
    Last edited by thinredline; 15th Sep 2012 at 15:28.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
    but how you put in Muxman 2 different m2v files, wih 2 different audio files, and 2 different sup files?
    You treat them as two different DVDs. Assuming you demuxed 2 M2Vs, 2 audio files, 2 celltimes texts into two separate folders, you do the same when remuxing:

M2V1, Audio1, Celltimes.txt1, SUP1 = 1st DVD

M2V2, Audio2, Celltimes.txt2, SUP2 = 2nd DVD

You'll get two 'mini-DVDs' from Muxman, and you then replace them in your original DVD using VobBlanker, replacing each title with the correct Muxman authored DVD. If your two movies aren't two separate titles to begin with, then you created them incorrectly.
    Quote Quote  
  9. hmmm..a bit confusing..
    so, i guess the "new segment" process doesn't work.

So, i output to 2 seperate folders in muxman? if i do that i guess 2 batches of VTS_01 files will be created.
    Will I have to rename the 2nd mini-DVD to VTS_02_01, VTS_02_1 , VTS_02_3 etc., so that there is no conflict with the first mini-DVD?

I guess there isn't a step by step guide for the whole process of subtitlting 2 movies in a DVD, right?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
    I guess there isn't a step by step guide for the whole process of subtitlting 2 movies in a DVD, right?
    It's the same as subbing one movie. It's the same as subbing multiple episodes included within a single DVD. Maybe I'm just not making myself clear. Or something.

Use Muxman on the assets (audio, video, subs, cells) of each title/movie. You'll wind up with 2 folders each with a movie DVD to which subtitles have been added. Maybe name the folder with one movie as Movie1 and the other Movie2. When you go to make the Muxman DVDs, it'll create a VIDEO_TS folder within Movie1, and later another within Movie2.

After doing that and after opening the original DVD in VobBlanker you should see 2 different movies there, either 2 titles within the same VTS, or 2 different VTS's, each with a single title. Click on the VTS's in the top window so they show in the lower window so you can see how it's been created. Maybe open the original DVD in VobBlanker right now just so you can see how it's organized. Then it should become clear. Maybe post a picture of what you see in there.
    Last edited by manono; 15th Sep 2012 at 22:44.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have tried both methods with the same peculiar problem. Final DVD looks perfect on my computer but on my home systems the image is slightly cropped/zoomed on all sides, ugly and rendering subs unreadable.

Subcreator seems set right (NTSC) and no matter matter how I tweek it on my home system players/tv's, the disc plays weird. The disc is Illusion Travels By Streetcar (with Nazrin on the flipside), by Lions Gate.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sounds like TV overscan to me. Did you make the subs too low on the screen, and do they extend too far to the sides? They can be raised using DVDSubEdit. But if they go too far right and left, they'll have to be redone.

https://www.videohelp.com/glossary?O#Overscan
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

what happened if my source is not from DVD at all? But just .mov or .avi?
    It is the original source straight from FCP.

Therefore, I do not have .IFO at all. Can someone advise me?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by pboong View Post
    what happened if my source is not from DVD at all? But just .mov or .avi?
    I don't understand your question in this topic.
    This topic is about adding new subtitles to a an existing DVD without reconvert any video or audio and keep the original menus. So if you don't have a DVD or DVD Folder with ifo, vob .bup files this topic isn't for your problem.
    If your object to to create a DVD with subtitles you can use one of the All In One DVD Converters that supports adding subtitles or one of the Authoring (DVD) tools that supports adding subtitles.
    For mac software check out these search results https://www.videohelp.com/search?q=avi+to+DVD+subtitles+mac
    Quote Quote  
  15. Ok I dont really know what Im doing but I have a Japanese movie that I really wanted to fix the subs on, using the DVDs already existing subs. I was following the guide that Baldric posted on this thread and downloaded all the necessary tools.

I ripped the DVD through a DVD decrypter, went through the PgcDemux Im pretty sure successfully, ( I did exactly what he said, following the pics ) but when I got to getting it all on Subtitle Creator I got stuck. Like I said Im not really smart when it comes to this stuff so I need detailed instructions like where to click and what to click.

I cant seem to get the subtitles from the DVD into Subtitle Creator. Going into Subtitle Creator I followed the instructions, clicked on 'file', went to open subtitles, went to Video_TS expecting to find VTS_01_01.IFO but it wasnt there. So how am I suppose to open up the subtitles in Subtitle Creator if it isnt there? Im probably doing something wrong but I dont know what?

I really appreciate Baldrics help on this so far but like I said Im not real good with this stuff and I dont understand everything he is saying or where to go for the next step? Can someone please take pity on me and kindly explain in ENGLISH what to do? It would be great if I could get help step by step through to the end.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    ...but when I got to getting it all on Subtitle Creator I got stuck.
    File->Open Subtitle, and point it to the SUP file PGCDemux gave you. However, for editing subs you'll have to OCR them first - convert those graphic images of a SUP file or VobSubs to text-based subs. The guide isn't about that but assumes you already have text-based SRT subtitles ready to be put into the DVD. Here's Baldrick's guide for converting DVD subtitles to SRT subs using a couple of different methods:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/209730-How-do-I-convert-DVD-or-sub-idx-to-text-srt-subtitles

Once you have the SRT text subs, then you can edit and after that follow the guide for putting them back into the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thanks Manono, I got through subrip successfully but heres the thing Im trying to just use the DVDs original subs and I wanted to fix them. Its a japanese movie and the subs it has already are pretty decent but there are some typos that needed fixing. So I went through subrip, converted them to srt file, and got them into SubtitleCreator. I know you said you dont use that program but now I cant figure out how to change the already existing subs. Does Subtitle Creator allow you to do that or is it only for making brand new subs? Dont wanna change font, color, or anything like that and I definitely dont wanna make new subs. Just change the typos and some wording of the original? And I dont wanna mess up the menu or anything else on the DVD.

I was following your thread on How do I edit DVD Subtitles? Cause I noticed you said you do this all the time. So do you have a better program for this?And if so can you explain how you do this.

I was hoping you would be the one to reply to me cause Ive been reading all your other threads and to someone who has absolutely no idea what shes doing, you make some sense. If you can please explain with pics those help me alot.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    I cant figure out how to change the already existing subs.
    Well, I'd recommend walking before running. No, SubtitleCreator doesn't allow for editing the SUP or VobSub graphic image files. If you insist on doing that, then you can do it using DVDSubEdit. Open the 'Full Domain' (Open the first VOB and the rest will be added automatically). Find a sub you want to edit and go File->Edit subpic bitmap with external tool. Take it and do what you like with it. Then stick it back into the DVD with File->Replace current subpic with BMP file. Do it to the rest and finally File->Save all modifications. You'll find all the gory details in section 4.2 of the very good user manual to DVDSubEdit:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

So do you have a better program for this?
    I have no hesitation about choosing my own colors, sizes, fonts, positions, etc, for DVD subtitles, and getting rid of the ones it came with. I use SSA subs (which can set all those things), and feed them into MaestroSBT for making SST subs for later authoring with Muxman.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I have no hesitation about choosing my own colors, sizes, fonts, positions, etc, for DVD subtitles, and getting rid of the ones it came with. I use SSA subs (which can set all those things), and feed them into MaestroSBT for making SST subs for later authoring with Muxman.[/QUOTE]

Would you recommend me using this step? Considering I may have to change some wording, making a sentence longer or shorter or a having to use a smaller font size? What are SSA subs? And after going through DVDSubEdit to I continue to follow Baldricks guide? Do I continue going through his procedure for Muxman, Vobblanker, and Ifoedit?

I totally agree! I dont know how to walk much less run with this stuff, I personally never thought Id be doing something like this but this movie is a favorite of mine and I want the viewing experience to be good. So its worth trying.

Thanks a bunch for your patience!
    Last edited by Koshi7; 11th Sep 2013 at 06:30.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    Would you recommend me using this step?
    Not really. This is supposed to be fun - an adventure - and one hates to give up in frustration on the first project. Among other things, you'll have to find out the font used so you can duplicate it, and that might be very hard. Maybe the WhatTheFont website can help:

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Who knows, maybe you'll find the whole thing a breeze.

What are SSA subs?
    Another text-based subtitle format, like SRT but better in some ways.
    And after going through DVDSubEdit to I continue to follow Baldricks guide?
    Nope, after doing it the DVDSubEdit way you're done - edited subs, same video, menus, and everything else. Read that section 4.2 I mentioned and you'll see.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Its me again, got into DVDsubedit and started opening the VOB files but I got this message "VTS_01_1.vob is a read only file, you will not be able to save any changes."
    Why am I getting this message? And what can I do to fix it?
    Last edited by Koshi7; 11th Sep 2013 at 08:17.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Another question, how do I get the Character Matrix and the srt. file into DVDSubEdit? Still having trouble getting that and the VOB files successfully opened in DVDSubEdit.

Sorry about all the questions. I know I sound really dumb but like I said Ive never done this before. Wanna make sure Im doing all the steps right.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I realized I missed the splitting step on subrip. Is this why I cant successfully get the Vob and the .srt files into DVDsubedit? Can you explain how to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    Its me again, got into DVDsubedit and started opening the VOB files but I got this message "VTS_01_1.vob is a read only file, you will not be able to save any changes."
    The DVD files are decrypted and on the hard drive, right? You can't do this with the DVD on a disc in the DVD-RW. And the VTS VOB you chose is from the movie - there are others after it? Like VTS_01_1.vob, VTS_01_2.vob, VTS_01_3.vob, etc? The movie isn't always in the first VTS, but sometimes in a subsequent one.
    Another question, how do I get the Character Matrix and the srt. file into DVDSubEdit?
    You don't. You are working only with the subtitles within the DVD itself. You don't need a character matrix or SRT at all. And I don't think you have any character matrices anyway. Nor do you need SubRip or an OCR if you're just working with the DVD subtitles. All you have to do is follow the instructions in that section 4.2 of the guide. But you do have to be able to 'Open full domain', meaning all the VOBs.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hey I figured out that I forgot to take the movie out of the computer I`m embarrassed! Anyway so I got my subpic on a bmp file and modified it in photoshop but now I cant seem to get it opened up in dvdsubedit. Do I need to save it somewhere specific for it to open? Also I cant change ANY of the font color in the external tool right? It has to be done in Dvdsubedit?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    ...modified it in photoshop but now I cant seem to get it opened up in dvdsubedit.
    Did you make it 4-bit color?
    Also I cant change ANY of the font color in the external tool right? It has to be done in Dvdsubedit?
    You want to edit the BMPs to be exactly the same colors as they were originally. The final colors (the colors you see when the DVD is played) are overlaid onto the BMPs and that information is found in the IFOs. If you want to create or change the colors, you can easily do that later on, after your subtitle editing is done. It can be done in DVDSubEdit or more often in PGCEdit. I use PGCEdit for that.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Is there a way to outline your subs in black within DVDsubedit? I am using the IFO CLUT and my subs look fine but I would feel a whole lot better about them if there were outlined. Especially against a bright video background this would help alot? Is there a way to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    Is there a way to outline your subs in black within DVDsubedit?
    The original subs you see when playing the DVD don't have an outline color? If not and you want an outline color then you'll be better off redoing them all (an OCR followed by creating new DVD subtitles). If they have an outline color but it's a different color, as I already mentioned the colors on the BMPs aren't the same colors as you'll see when playing the finished DVD.
    Originally Posted by Koshi7 View Post
    Im trying to just use the DVDs original subs...
    That statement is no longer correct?
    Quote Quote  
  29. I am using the original subs but am having to fix and change some wording. When I edit them in photoshop the font has to change cause the original isnt available. The original did have a black outline, so putting back into dvdsubedit they no longer look the same. I played with the colors a bit using the IFO CLUT and got them to where they are visible but the outline is no longer there.

If theres no way to fix this I think they will be ok as they are but they would be better with an outline. Thanks for your help. I really couldn`t have done this without your guidence.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Oh, now I understand. It's just your edited sub BMPs that don't have the outline. Then you'll have to add it in. I have no idea how to do that as I don't edit BMPs. Photoshop doesn't have the ability to add an outline however many pixels thick you might want? If not and since you've found the font, I don't know why you don't just OCR all the subs and use that font with an outline added. Some subtitle formats (SSA and ASS) have the ability to add any kind of an outline you might like. I use SSA and make SST subs with outlines (and anti-aliasing) using whatever font I like, and can choose the size, position, etc. for use in MaestroSBT. Maybe the same can be done in SubtitleCreator with SRTs as input. I don't know.

I do think, though, that even those few edited subs should be as similar to the rest as possible (should have the outline) or they'll stand out and look amateurish.
    Quote Quote