VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I couldn't quite find this in the forums, thanks for your help in advance.

I'm somewhat new at this so bare with me.

I burn DVD's using DVD Shrink...this creates 2 folders, Video and Audio TS.

I am trying to convert to Xvid using AutoGK but I come to find that I have no IFO file in any of the Video TS folders.

How do I get an IFO file from using DVD Shrink??

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Shrink creates a valid DVD structure, with ifo, bup and vob files, if it completes correctly. I suspect you have these files, however windows might be stopping you seeing exactly what they are.

Open a Windows Explorer window, then click on Tools -> Folder Options, then click on the View Tab. Scroll down until you see Hide Extensions of Known File Types, and untick the box. Click OK until you get back to the main window, and you should now be able to see the file extension as part of the file name.

The next question is, what makes you think you don't have the ifo files when you are using AutoGK ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent...that worked great

I assume I choose the vts_01_0.ifo file??

AutoGK liked that one as I got a parsing error when I chose video_ts.ifo.

Thanks again!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmm....something didn't work.....the output file is just a bunch of weird files.

Here is info from the log:

[10/15/2007 9:42:35 PM] Format: AVI
    [10/15/2007 9:42:35 PM] Target size: 700Mb
    [10/15/2007 9:42:35 PM] Audio 1 settings: Auto
    [10/15/2007 9:42:35 PM] Started encoding.
    [10/15/2007 9:42:35 PM] Demuxing and indexing.
    [10/15/2007 9:42:36 PM] Processing file: C:\Documents and Settings\Bear\Barry\Bear's Stuff\Movies\A_NIGHT_AT_THE_MUSEUM_D1_FF\VIDEO_TS\ VTS_01_1.VOB
    [10/15/2007 9:42:36 PM] Source resolution: 720x480
    [10/15/2007 9:42:36 PM] Found NTSC source.
    [10/15/2007 9:42:36 PM] Source aspect ratio: 4:3
    [10/15/2007 9:42:36 PM] Analyzing source.
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Source has percentage of interlacing in motion areas: 0.00
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Source has percentage of telecined patterns: 0.00
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Source has percentage of progressive patterns: 0.00
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Source has percentage of interlaced patterns: 0.00
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Source is considered to be progressive.
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Output will contain 46 frames
    EXCEPTION: Audio is not found.
    [10/15/2007 9:53:25 PM] Job finished. Total time: 10 minutes 49 seconds
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    At a guess, what you will have will be the avisynth scripts, test files and other bits and bobs.

What the script is telling you is that the audio is missing from the VOBs. That means that you either removed all the audio tracks in Shrink, or the IFO file created by Shrink is incorrect.

First thing I would do is open the files that Shrink created in Shrink, and see if it detects any audio tracks. I would then confirm this finding by opening a VOB file in g-spot to see what it says.

I don't know if AutoGK can process DTS audio, so if you have selected DTS that might be your issue, in which case select AC3 instead.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I assume I choose the vts_01_0.ifo file??
    Choose the IFO that corresponds to the VTS that contains the video you want to encode. If a movie, it'll be the VTS with the most VOBs in it.

Take a look at the files as listed. Play one of the VOBs to make sure it's what you want. Then choose the IFO for that same VTS to open in AutoGK.

If you do movies, it'll never be the VIDEO_TS.IFO, and for your particular movie, in this case it's not the VTS_01_0.IFO either. Although it often is.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the info

I think I'll try to rip the movie again using dvd decryptor, as I've heard the IFO generated is better or that maybe dvd shrink didn't generate the correct IFO file??

If I have copy of the movie on DVD, that was ripped using DVD shrink, can I use dvd decryptor to re-rip it? Will that be successful?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking or saying. I think you're using the term "ripped" incorrectly. Ripping is the act of decrypting, not encoding, or transcoding, or authoring, or burning, or anything else. It's just putting the files onto the hard drive. If you're saying this DVDR was created by using DVD Shrink and then burned to disc, and if you're asking if DVD Decrypter can then decrypt those files back to the hard drive, the answer's yes. You don't even need DVD Decrypter to do that as there's no longer any protection. You can just drag-and-drop the files onto the hard drive.

And yes, it's usually better to open an IFO file in AutoGK, rather than the VOBs themselves. Not always, but usually. So, when you decrypt using DVD Decrypter, set it up in IFO Mode to get only the movie files, rather than the entire DVD.
    Quote Quote