VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some MKV files that i need to convert to WMV/WMVHD or to a dvd formated ISO. The problem i have is I play all my movies from my HTPC using MCE/My Movies Plugin that doesnt support mkv.

Any suggestions as to which programs that will do this for me and still keep the quality high?

Thanks for any responses.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ironape2
    I have some MKV files that i need to convert to WMV/WMVHD or to a dvd formated ISO. The problem i have is I play all my movies from my HTPC using MCE/My Movies Plugin that doesnt support mkv.

Any suggestions as to which programs that will do this for me and still keep the quality high?

Thanks for any responses.
    Best recommendation? Demux the mkv and combine it to AVI using VirtualDub. There is a tutorial somewhere around here.
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD can convert to DVD and I think AutoMKV supports MKV to WMVHD conversion.

But it's not worth converting, you will probabaly get sync problems and it will take years to convert. Can't you run a separate video player in MCE?
    Quote Quote