VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i'm kind of new to this. i know of vcd's i've made a few but i dont everything there's is to know i guess. um i use nero burning rom. i just found out today you are able to put a full length film onto a vcd which is awesome. so lets see i have these blank cd-r's 80 min/700 mb. and what i'm wondering is how do you split the movie so that you can put it onto two discs so that the whole movie will fit? can i just use nero somehow? or do i have to download something else. um the movies are already in avi (what ever that is) and they stand at about 700 mb. thanks for the help if you can help me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!

i just found out today you are able to put a full length film onto a vcd which is awesome.
    You will not fit a full length film onto a VCD because a VCD will store 80 min of video on one CD. So if the movie was a full length, it was problary not a VCD Movie.

how do you split the movie so that you can put it onto two discs so that the whole movie will fit?
    There are a lot of tools for splitting a movie into several parts. Look in the guides here at Videohelp.

I wouldn't recommend you using Nero for VCD creation. The best tool is VCDEasy for VCD.

But again, take a look in the guides that you will find here at Videohelp and if you still have questions after reading the guides, just ask them here in the forum.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't waste your time with VCDs. Buy a Divx capable player and you will find that most of the avis you have will play without change, so you can just burn them to CD and go. If you go down the VCD route then you will substantially reduce the quality, have to swap discs to watch a whole movie, and get a much lower quality experience. And if you have a widescreen TV it will be even worse, as VCDs only support the 4:3 aspect ratio, so you will have to letterbox the video, then zoom in at playback.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote