VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 137
FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. @notny41

some questions:

1. Do you still have the project log file? Could you post it here?

2. What DVD disc brand are you using?

3. Do you have the possibilty to test the problematic disc on another DVD player?

Bye

MrC
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Was using sony without a problem. Recently switched to memorex. I have had sucess with the memorex. I'll check the log file when i get home. What is the name of the log file? Also, i will try a dvd that comes up "no disc" in another dvd player and let you know what happens. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok, I have 3 different dvd players. Early on my dvd's were playing just fine on all 3 players. Then I started to have problems where they would only play on 1 player. I uninstalled teh avstodvd software and tried another recording. It would play on 2 of the 3 players. And now I have run into something completely different. It keeps telling me Drive D: Not Ready Am I supposed to try uninstalling and reinstalling again
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a subtitle problem with AVStoDVD.

I have an mkv video and the video has embedded subtitles. When played in VLC media player only the non-english parts are played. I guess these parts are 'flagged' in the mkv for forced playback.

My problem is, when I add the subtitles in AVStoDVD it shows all of the subtitles, not just the flagged ones. I'm assuming AVStoDVD just doesnt support this flagged function?

How do I get around this? Is there any other program that can extract just the flagged subtitles so I can add them to AVStoDVD, or is there any way to just find out what parts are flagged without watching it in VLC so I can delete the rest of the subtitle lines?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post

I have an mkv video and the video has embedded subtitles. When played in VLC media player only the non-english parts are played. I guess these parts are 'flagged' in the mkv for forced playback.

My problem is, when I add the subtitles in AVStoDVD it shows all of the subtitles, not just the flagged ones. I'm assuming AVStoDVD just doesnt support this flagged function?
    When you add a matroska to AVStoDVD, if you have installed mkvtoolnix and if the file has subs embedded, AVStoDVD will ask you to select the sub you want.

Do you get that window after adding the mkv?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post

When you add a matroska to AVStoDVD, if you have installed mkvtoolnix and if the file has subs embedded, AVStoDVD will ask you to select the sub you want.

Do you get that window after adding the mkv?

Bye
    yes, it prompts me to add the subtitles.... but it will add all the subtitles, not just the flagged ones.

Hard to explain but the way the video was made was the person made a subtitle with ALL the dialogue, then the non-english parts they flagged for forced playback. So in VLC just the non-english dialogue will display subtitles.

There are I think 3 different subtitle files and I have tried each one in AVStoDVD separately and it doesnt matter what one I choose it always shows ALL of the subtitles. I just wanted the non-english parts.

EDIT:

So I figured it out. All of the programs I used to extract the subtitles kept giving me the wrong ones. When I used AVStoDVD it gave me the wrong ones too. After using MKVCleaver I was able to extract the subtitle that I wanted. I guess I just assumed it was some kind of special subtitle or something because it wasnt working right. Didnt know it was just the apps that weren't extracting it right.
    Sorry for all of the confusion.
    Last edited by ThaDraGun; 23rd Mar 2012 at 13:47.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I'm a little confused
    My AvstoDvd 2.4.2 crash with run-time 5 error when i'm going to copy settings between video, but only in HC mode otherwise in QuEnc mode all works fine
    My OS is Win Xp SP3 and i have tested also older releases, from 2.3.4 but same problem
    Any suggestion is welcome
    Many thanks in advance and sorry for my english
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
    EDIT:

So I figured it out. All of the programs I used to extract the subtitles kept giving me the wrong ones. When I used AVStoDVD it gave me the wrong ones too. After using MKVCleaver I was able to extract the subtitle that I wanted. I guess I just assumed it was some kind of special subtitle or something because it wasnt working right. Didnt know it was just the apps that weren't extracting it right.
    Sorry for all of the confusion.
    Are you saying that the forced subs were a separate stream within the MKV?
    Quote Quote  
  9. @turboled

could you please give more details: what source files, what project settings, etc? Some screenshots may help.

Bunga Bunga Country
    ? Are you italian or simply Berlusconi fan? If the first, we can continue by PM in italian.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks _MrC_

first of all let my say about the bunga bunga question, i'm not a B fan, i'm an angry italian

about the problem i'll post here some screenshots just for explain it to eventually other users, after this PM is a pretty good solution for my poor english but i let to you the choise

Screens about mpeg2 files from tv recording

Same problem also with avi files

i have the others screens about the avi but are just like the previous end with run-time error

meanwhile i will make some other test
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hey, I have a question. First of all, I don't quite understand how .MKV or MPEG-2 works, so please give me a hand out here.

I just transcoded an .MKV file to MPEG-2 DVD5 format using AVStoDVD. Video and audio tracks are okay. The problem though is being with handling the subtitle tracks, since there are like 20 different subtitle tracks in this .MKV file. Right in the beginning of this process, when I open up a new blank project and then add a title, AVStoDVD asked me to choose a subtitle track to demux, so now I have the desired subtitle track in an individual .srt file in my HDD. Now, what do I do with it? I want to include this individual .srt file onto the VIDEO_TS folder before I burn it onto DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right click the title/subtitles/add
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Right click the title/subtitles/add
    I had already done that the first time, but it won't give me the desired subtitle track which I selected in the first place. After transcoding the movie into DVD5 format, the resulting file contains a subtitle track which is not the "PT" (brazilian portuguese) track I had selected (I think AVStoDVD demuxed this track to an individual .srt file cause I can spot it into the same folder as the original .MKV file is).

Take a look at my AVStoDVD window after transcoding done:

Now, look at the .srt file AVStoDVD demuxed:

I wonder why AVStoDVD demuxed this .srt file - can I make use of it, somehow? I want to burn this onto DVD-R to watch on my standalone DVD Player.
    Last edited by prankstare; 27th Mar 2012 at 16:49. Reason: Images.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure why the demuxing is done, unless that's the standard way AVStoDVD does it's business.
    Once it demuxes the PT SRT, add it to the title.
    (right click title/subtitle/ add as I mentioned before )
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I'm not sure why the demuxing is done, unless that's the standard way AVStoDVD does it's business.
    Once it demuxes the PT SRT, add it to the title.
    (right click title/subtitle/ add as I mentioned before )

Hey, but it's already there. Look:

Quote Quote  
  16. @turboled

I cannot replicate the issue. You get the error just after choosing the source title, when the destination titles window opens, right? I cannot replicate the issue. Probably it is better to continue PM or by email (avstodvd@gmail.com).

@prankstare

you should address your question about video format to the proper forum section

About subs, after AVStoDVD has demuxed and added the selected subs to your title, you can start the project. If the PT.srt file contains valid subtitles (check it with a text editor), you will get them in the resulting DVD.

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 27th Mar 2012 at 18:09.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  17. @_MrC_,

First off thanks for the reply. So I decided to take your suggestion and had a look at the demuxed subtitle file with notepad and to my surprise it WAS NOT the desired "PT" (portuguese) language - it was russian or some other language I can't recognize. Strange fact is that I had this vivid memory of seeing this goddamn "Portuguese" subtitle somewhere so I went on decided to load the movie with VLC Player and there it was (it's subtitle track number 19). For some reason, it appears that demuxing with AVStoDVD failed to pick the correct subtitle track, but I am not sure since this container has over 25 subtitle tracks so it could be a messed up .MKV file indeed. Now that I have spotted the right subtitle track, I have successfully demuxed the desired "PT" subtitle using MKVtoolnix instead.

Just one more thing though: in the 'Title Edit -> Subtitles' tab, AVStoDVD gives me an option named "Auto Subtitles Setup". By ticking this, am I telling the program to use the default 'EN' (English) subtitle or the custom 'PT' manually added subtitle track? This is kind of confusing.

Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by prankstare View Post
    Just one more thing though: in the 'Title Edit -> Subtitles' tab, AVStoDVD gives me an option named "Auto Subtitles Setup". By ticking this, am I telling the program to use the default 'EN' (English) subtitle or the custom 'PT' manually added subtitle track? This is kind of confusing.
    When 'Auto Subtitles Setup' is on, the grayed subtitles options are used. If you want to change them, untick 'Auto Subtitles Setup' and manually edit the available options.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm currently having a problem with the audio selection on 'The Hangover'. The final dvd is made, but its the wrong audio. Sounds like french, even though the logs state English. (primary). I've selected the 2nd language as french (originally it was english), and that didn't work either. The final dvd movie shows both tracks as English and French, but the language is still the same. Now I've selected another movie and the track outputs are correct. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the beta version but I'm doing something wrong or what. I've enclosed the logfile below: I've also change the audio from Quenc to FFmpeg + Aften and that didn't work either. Somehow the default language must not be English.
    Any ideas?

<4/1/2012 9:04:57 AM>
    START PROCESS
    <>
    PROJECT SETTINGS
    DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4449/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: THE_HANGOVER
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\My Videos
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window
    PREFERENCES
    MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 0
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 1
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 384
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): FR - French
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): FR - French
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: F: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH10LS30 1.00
    DVD Burning Speed: 8x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Display errors messages: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Blu_Ray\THE_HANGOVER\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m 2ts
    Info: VC-1 - 0 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 1:39:44 hours - 143481 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Blu_Ray\THE_HANGOVER\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m 2ts
    Info: TrueHD - 0 kbps - VBR / CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:39:47 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal (Track 0)
    Audio 2: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Blu_Ray\THE_HANGOVER\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m 2ts
    Info: AC3 - 640 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:39:47 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal (Track 1)
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>
    AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Blu_Ray\THE_HANGOVER\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m 2ts", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Blu_Ray\THE_HANGOVER\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m 2ts", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp")
    Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,480)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3759.3 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_0000 0_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_0000 0.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 8668
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 5270
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 50
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>
    <4/1/2012 12:30:00 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000.m2v (3773.9 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 5325 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:39:45 hours - 143518 frames
    <>
    <4/1/2012 12:30:01 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg (WAV) Parameters: -i "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00_1.avs" "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00_1.wav"
    Aften (AC3) Parameters: -b 384 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00_1.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_1.ac3"
    <>
    <4/1/2012 2:50:16 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_1.ac3 (274 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:39:45 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>
    <4/1/2012 2:50:16 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 2)
    FFmpeg (WAV) Parameters: -i "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00_2.avs" "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00_2.wav"
    Aften (AC3) Parameters: -b 448 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_000 00_2.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_2.ac3"
    <>
    <4/1/2012 5:28:50 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 2)
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_2.ac3 (319.7 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:39:45 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>
    <4/1/2012 5:28:51 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_Bat chMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\My Videos\THE_HANGOVER_1\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_Mux Man.mxp"
    -l "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_Mux Man.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\THE_HANGOVER_1_Pal ette.txt"
    -v "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -a2 "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_2.ac3"
    -a2lang fr
    -cellfr "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_Chapters.txt "
    -progfr "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_Chapters.txt "
    -chapfr "C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\Assets\THE_HANGOVER_1_00000_Chapters.txt "
    <>
    <4/1/2012 5:37:53 PM>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 4455.1 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 4449 MB -> 0.1% oversize
    vs Assets Size: 4367.6 MB -> OK
    <>
    <4/1/2012 5:37:53 PM>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\My Videos\THE_HANGOVER_1 (4455.1 MB)
    <>
    <4/1/2012 5:37:55 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.4.2
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  20. @maonstad

it could be FFAudioSource having trouble to directly catch and frameserve the 2nd audio track from your m2ts.

Have you already tried to demux audio tracks when AVStoDVD asks you to select the tracks? Just toggle on 'Demux selected Audio Tracks' in the options window after you add the m2ts.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried it and it comes up with an error. Errors in selecting audio when I select the 'Demux audio' and then no audio shows up in the box. (just the video.)

Edit 1/2 hour later: Upon selecting the 2nd audio (which is not the DTS audio) it is Demux'ng the audio. I'll test it from there.

Edit: 6 hrs later aprox: Ok ,, that worked. The sound is now in english. Thx for everything.

Mark
    Last edited by maonstad; 3rd Apr 2012 at 00:32. Reason: Additional information.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to author some MPEG-2 video of home-recorded TV shows that are 704x480 resolution, which is permitted by the DVD spec. These are recordings from an older Panasonic DVD recorder, or .ts files from my TV card originating from standard definition ATSC channels, which use 704x480 resolution. I have set my AVStoDVD Preferences for Video to "Keep DVD Compliant Video", but using either AUTO or Full-D1 for resolution, AVStoDVD always re-encodes the video, even though it is DVD compliant.

Is there a way to avoid re-encoding DVD compliant 704x480 resolution MPEG-2 video when using AVStoDVD?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Apr 2012 at 12:51. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
  23. @usually_quiet

have you selected NTSC as Video Standard in Preferences? If yes, post here the MediaInfo report of the recorded video.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @usually_quiet

have you selected NTSC as Video Standard in Preferences? If yes, post here the MediaInfo report of the recorded video.

Bye
    I was using NTSC as the Video standard. The version number is 2.4.2 for my copy of AVStoDVD . If it makes any difference, I configured AVStoDVD to use HCEnc for encoding video that is not DVD compliant.

Here is the MediaInfo report for a clip from my Panasonic DVD recorder.

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\DVD recorder clip.mpg
    Format : MPEG-PS
    File size : 773 MiB
    Duration : 23mn 1s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 4 694 Kbps

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 4 345 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 9 558 Kbps
    Width : 704 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.429
    Stream size : 715 MiB (93%)
    Color primaries : SMPTE 170M
    Transfer characteristics : SMPTE 170M
    Matrix coefficients : SMPTE 170M

Audio
    ID : 189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Muxing mode : DVD-Video
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 256 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 42.2 MiB (5%)

Text
    ID : 224 (0xE0)-DVD-2
    Format : EIA-608
    Muxing mode : DVD-Video
    Muxing mode, more info : Muxed in Video #1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Stream size : 0.00 Byte (0%)

It turns out there was a problem with the recording from my TV card unrelated to the resolution. When I tried to use muxman for authoring, it reported the number of frames for some GOPs exceeded the limit allowed for DVD. So, technically speaking, that particular file needed to be re-encoded. However, IFOEdit did not care, and luckily the DVD player could play the DVD authored with IfoEdit even if it was not totally compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It turns out there was a problem with the recording from my TV card unrelated to the resolution. When I tried to use muxman for authoring, it reported the number of frames for some GOPs exceeded the limit allowed for DVD. So, technically speaking, that particular file needed to be re-encoded. However, IFOEdit did not care, and luckily the DVD player could play the DVD authored with IfoEdit even if it was not totally compliant.
    So Muxman and AVStoDVD do agree...

BTW, here it is the VB6 routine used by AVStoDVD to check DVD-Video compliance. It should be quite readable also for non programmers.

Code:
        Dim TentativeVideoStandard As Byte    ' 0->None 1->PAL 2->NTSC

If InStr(1, VideoCompression, "MPEG-2 Video") <> 0 Then
            If VideoDAR = "1.333" Or VideoDAR = "1.778" Then
                Select Case Val(VideoFPS)
                Case 24
                    If LCase(VideoScanOrder) = "2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3 pulldown" Then TentativeVideoStandard = 1
                Case 25
                    TentativeVideoStandard = 1
                Case 23.976
                    If LCase(VideoScanOrder) = "2:3 pulldown" Then TentativeVideoStandard = 2
                Case 29.97
                    TentativeVideoStandard = 2
                End Select
                If TentativeVideoStandard = 1 Then
                    If Val(VideoHeight) = 576 Then
                        If Val(VideoWidth) = 720 Or Val(VideoWidth) = 704 Then
                            VideoIsDVDCompliant = PAL_Full_D1
                        ElseIf Val(VideoWidth) = 352 Then
                            VideoIsDVDCompliant = PAL_Half_D1
                        End If
                    ElseIf Val(VideoHeight) = 288 Then
                        If Val(VideoWidth) = 352 Then
                            VideoIsDVDCompliant = PAL_VCD
                        End If
                    End If
                ElseIf TentativeVideoStandard = 2 Then
                    If Val(VideoHeight) = 480 Then
                        If Val(VideoWidth) = 720 Or Val(VideoWidth) = 704 Then
                            VideoIsDVDCompliant = NTSC_Full_D1
                        ElseIf Val(VideoWidth) = 352 Then
                            VideoIsDVDCompliant = NTSC_Half_D1
                        End If
                    ElseIf Val(VideoHeight) = 240 Then
                        If Val(VideoWidth) = 352 Then
                            VideoIsDVDCompliant = NTSC_VCD
                        End If
                    End If
                End If
                If Val(VideoAvgBitRate) / 1000 > 9500 Then
                    VideoIsDVDCompliant = Not_Video_Compl
                End If
            End If
        End If
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    So Muxman and AVStoDVD do agree...
    No, they do not agree about the files from my DVD recorder. The GOP length is not the problem with those files. In fact, muxman sees no problems at all with the video from my DVD recorder and can author the video from my DVD recorder as is. For some reason AVStoDVD 2.4.2 always re-encodes the same video to 720x480.

[Edit]I have additional information about this problem. AVStoDVD is running an AviSynth Script to add an 8-pixel black border on the left and right sides of the video and to perform a LanzcosResize to 720x480.

I cannot prevent the script from running. If I click on the button View/Edit Title settings, "Auto Video Setup" is checked and the checkbox for "Keep DVD compliant Video" is disabled. I know I didn't write the script. I'm not sure why AVStoDVD would automatically generate and run this script for what should be compliant video.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Apr 2012 at 13:31. Reason: add to post
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    No, they do not agree about the files from my DVD recorder. The GOP length is not the problem with those files. In fact, muxman sees no problems at all with the video from my DVD recorder and can author the video from my DVD recorder as is. For some reason AVStoDVD 2.4.2 always re-encodes the same video to 720x480.
    Ops, sorry, I did not figure out from your previous post that Muxman only reports the warning but accepts the recorded video. If AVStoDVD does not recognize it as DVD compliant, there must be a reason, to be found in the code I posted.
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    [Edit]I have additional information about this problem. AVStoDVD is running an AviSynth Script to add an 8-pixel black border on the left and right sides of the video and to perform a LanzcosResize to 720x480.

I cannot prevent the script from running. If I click on the button View/Edit Title settings, "Auto Video Setup" is checked and the checkbox for "Keep DVD compliant Video" is disabled. I know I didn't write the script. I'm not sure why AVStoDVD would automatically generate and run this script for what should be compliant video.
    AVStoDVD always generates the AviSynth script, either for encoding or previewing purpose. "Keep DVD compliant Video" is disabled because the mpeg2 video is not recognized as DVD compliant.

Do you have the possibility to upload somewhere a portion of the mpeg2 video?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ops, sorry, I did not figure out from your previous post that Muxman only reports the warning but accepts the recorded video. If AVStoDVD does not recognize it as DVD compliant, there must be a reason, to be found in the code I posted.
    Muxman does not generate any warnings when authoring 704x480 video from my DVD recorder and completes authoring without any problem. AVDtoDVD will re-encode the same video before authoring.

Muxman warns that the GOPs are too long if I try to author a 704x480 video stream captured by my TV tuner card from an ATSC channel. After issuing the warning, muxman stops. I will not upload a sample from my TV tuner card because it is clearly non-compliant. I do not expect you to make it possible for AVStoDVD to author non-compliant video without re-encoding.

Do you have the possibility to upload somewhere a portion of the mpeg2 video?
    Since I have no reason to think the video from my DVD recorder is not DVD compliant, I will upload a sample if I can. It will take some time to get a sample ready for you. I do not have an account with a file hosting website. I want to use a free hosting website for this. It looks like most free hosting websites limit files to either 100 MB or 200 MB, and my DSL service's upload speed is slow. What is the minimum file size or run-time in minutes that you need for testing?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Apr 2012 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Since I have no reason to think the video from my DVD recorder is not DVD compliant, I will upload a sample if I can. It will take some time to get a sample ready for you. I do not have an account with a file hosting website. I want to use a free hosting website for this. It looks like most free hosting websites limit files to either 100 MB or 200 MB, and my DSL service's upload speed is slow. What is the minimum file size or run-time in minutes that you need for testing?
    30 seconds are enough. Probably you can send it by email (avstodvd@gmail.com).

Thanks for the complete reports and feebacks

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM

30 seconds are enough. Probably you can send it by email (avstodvd@gmail.com).

Thanks for the complete reports and feebacks

Bye
    I sent you a PM with a link to download a 30 second clip.
    Quote Quote