VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 137
FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Wavi_Mod plugin for AVStoDVD

Looks like my plugin did not survive the recent server crash at SourceForge. The link is there, you can download the file, but the file is way too small and cannot be opened...

Anyways, here is an updated version with the following improvements:

1. Implemented mandatory clipping protection for the EBU R128 / BS1770 normalizing mode.

2. The stereo to 6-ch upmix mode has been expanded. Now there are 3 different upmix methods which can additionally be tweaked. Thanks a lot to Tebasuna for his help.

//Edit//
    Link removed, go to this post:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2407454&viewfull=1#post2407454

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 5th Sep 2015 at 13:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. manolito if you are running your ffmpeg_vbr patch which file would would be Wavi_Mod patched? Would it be your mod ffmpeg.exe.bat or the original ffmpeg.exe that becomes _ffmpeg.exe? You know where your ffmpeg.exe vbr mod makes a difference? It is with shots of forests when leaves are moving or with falling rain etc. There is a better outcome.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First of all the Wavi_Mod plugin and the FFMpeg_VBR plugin are two completely different beasts. They serve different purposes (Wavi_Mod offers alternative audio normalizing, FFMpeg_VBR makes it possible to use 1- and 2-pass VBR modes), and they do not interact with one another.

The "ffmpeg.exe.bat" you mention does not exist. When you install the ffmpeg_vbr plugin the original "ffmpeg.exe" becomes "_ffmpeg.exe", "ffmpeg.exe.vbr" becomes "ffmpeg.exe" and "ff_vbr.bat" stays what it is. This means you have to rename 2 files, no patching is involved.

Installing the Wavi_Mod plugin is similar. The original "wavi.exe" becomes "_wavi.exe", "wavi.exe.mod" becomes "wavi.exe" and "wavi_mod.bat" stays what it is. For the Wavi_Mod plugin you have to additionally PATCH "AVStoDVD.exe". The archive has a subfolder "\Tools\Patch" with clear patching instructions plus an automatic foolproof patching utility.

I really do not understand how folks can have difficulties installing these plugins. The included PDF files have very clear step-by-step installing instructions. Or have todays computer users lost the ability to copy and rename files using a file manager? I have no intention to waste my time writing an installer tool for such simple copy and rename tasks...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, READ the PDF included with the plugins. It IS essential and MUST BE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER even if YOU think it makes no sense ....

I thought I'd just do it my way, but failed miserably. As was pointed out when asked did I bother to follow the PDF install instructions when I said I couldn't get it to work

if you READ the PDF guide that is included with the plugins, its very very simple and works first time
    Quote Quote  
  5. manolito sorry about my last post I got ahead of myself and mixed things up. I deserve to be scolded. What was I thinking? I have some real problems this time. I upgraded to Windows 10 and I have no drag'n'drop capability in any version of avstodvd I have installed. If I drag I get a 'slashed zero' and can only add using the + that opens a dialog box. I also noticed when I tried to do a clean install the reg entires were still there after I ticked the remove reg entries. Changing compatability settings did nothing either. Any help with this possible? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. About Win10 compatibility and Win10 native directshow drivers,

I have not upgraded my Win7 to Win10 yet. I am planning to do that before mid September. I cannot give support until that moment. If other users have upgraded to Win10, and they would like to tell their experience with AVStoDVD, they are very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

im having a problem with my vids i make with this program. each video has the audio out of sync, i saw one option in one of the menus to delay the audio i clicked it and it still gave me out of sync videos. the other delay the audio wasnt i saw was greyed out. it remains out of sync throughout the whole vid. i checked the source vids and they were in sync. i just want to make these files into video_ts foler so i can burn it for my sister. this is a new computer and i dont understand why im having a problem with this program. is there a way i can post information about my settings and my computer specs? lso can someone let me know how to make chapters? a link is good enough for that. whenever i try it just returns to the beginning to the first vid. menus didnt help much.

hoping for a solution soon. cause i would really really appreciate it
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is probably NOT the computer, more likely the video has a problem
    use mediainfo to obtain the info about your video
    could be variable frame rate, number one problem for out of sync audio, number two is an mpr or mkv file with wrong format audio
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi theewizard

oh ok. well heres a snapshot i took. if you need anymore info on my end please let me know. my sister is getting kinda anxious to see these lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	301
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	33348
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the frame rate looks good
    if you use text mode for the medainfo display
    it will give more specific data, including the run time / length for both the video and the audio
    i'm sure someone will suggest using MKV extract to separate the video and audio tracks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi theewizard

heres the list in textmode

if this determines if i have to use MKV extract will doing so degrade the quality? i find it hard to believe that i would have to do that. the source files look fine and by googling some people have found solutions in AVStoDVD's settings but unfortunately i still havent found a method that works for me. But i have hope.

Format version : Version 2
    File size : 248 MiB
    Duration : 21mn 45s
    Overall bit rate : 1 594 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2011-01-20 15:44:18
    Writing application : mkvmerge v4.4.0 ('Die Wiederkehr') built on Oct 31 2010 21:52:48
    Writing library : libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 8 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 1 400 Kbps
    Width : 848 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.143
    Stream size : 213 MiB (86%)
    Writing library : x264 core 112 r1867 22bfd31
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1400 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=20000 / vbv_bufsize=15000 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 29.9 MiB (12%)
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : Yes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GTAGamesLvr View Post
    Hello

im having a problem with my vids i make with this program. each video has the audio out of sync, i saw one option in one of the menus to delay the audio i clicked it and it still gave me out of sync videos. the other delay the audio wasnt i saw was greyed out. it remains out of sync throughout the whole vid. i checked the source vids and they were in sync. i just want to make these files into video_ts foler so i can burn it for my sister. this is a new computer and i dont understand why im having a problem with this program. is there a way i can post information about my settings and my computer specs? lso can someone let me know how to make chapters? a link is good enough for that. whenever i try it just returns to the beginning to the first vid. menus didnt help much.

hoping for a solution soon. cause i would really really appreciate it

Check your codecs settings

Run AVStoDVD, when the main window appears click CodeCS on the top of the window, then choose Preferred DirectShow CodeCS Setup

Make sure they are all set to LAV Filters and NOT Microsoft Filters .... assuming you have installed LAV Filters

Even if you have installed LAV Filters it can still be on Microsoft Filters

I personally use a nightly build with no issues :

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/LAVFilters-0.65.0-2.exe

Microsoft Filters can and will introduce delays and are terrible and outdated compared to decent 3rd party filters, I had this issue even though I had installed LAV Filters and got terrible out of sync issues until it was suggested the exact same problem your having, I had to use Filter Tweaker to force change the codecs to LAV Filters as Windows helpfully refused to let me change it. Another known issues with Windows

Try this link ifyou cannot change to LAV Filters

https://www.videohelp.com/download/Win7DSFilterTweaker_5.9.exe
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi steptoe

i failed to metion earlier that i had LAV filters but i removed them. i read some guide that it interferes with another codec or something like that. anyway i will download them again but before i do here is the other codecs i have

haali media splitter 1.13.138.14 ((This version is very old. ill have to search for a new one. thought i got it from a reliable place))
    avisynth 2.6.0
    ffdshow 1.3.4531 32bit

so should i get rid of these? as soon as i hear back i will go ahead with what you said steptoe. i just dont want to screw things up on the app.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi GTAGamesLvr,

the problem is that current Windows versions just ignore other installed DirectShow filters and use the M$ filters instead. And these Microsoft filters are mostly crap.

You can check this by loading a source file into AVStoDVD, then under "Codecs" click on "Build DirectShow Filters Graph".

The Haali / ffdshow combination you have installed should work with AVStoDVD without sync problems, but only if ffdshow is actually used. The current preferred method is to use LAVFilters instead of Haali / ffdshow because ffdshow is no longer maintained.

IMO you should do the following:

1. Uninstall Haali and ffdshow
    2. Install the current LAVFilters (Video, Audio and Splitter), leave all settings at their defaults.
    3. Run AVStoDVD, under "Codecs" click "Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup". Set ALL filters to LAV.

There were a couple of reports that changing the preferred codecs from within AVStoDVD does not work. If this happens to you, download the DS Filter Tweaker tool (there is a link at the bottom left of the A2D page). Change the preferred filters to LAV using this tool, then build the DirectShow Filter Graph again to make sure that the LAV filters really get used.

Some users said that they cannot uninstall Haali / ffdshow because other software they have installed requires it. This is almost never true, LAVFilters do everything what ffdshow and Haali do (maybe with the exception of some audio filtering capabilities).

If you insist on keeping Haali / ffdshow on your computer, this might just work, but it is a little unpredictable which filters will get used. Normally the filter package which was installed last will take precedence over previously installed filters. MrC recommends to have just one of the filter packages installed.

Good luck
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 28th Aug 2015 at 08:16.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    About Win10 compatibility and Win10 native directshow drivers,

I have not upgraded my Win7 to Win10 yet. I am planning to do that before mid September. I cannot give support until that moment. If other users have upgraded to Win10, and they would like to tell their experience with AVStoDVD, they are very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Bye
    Manolito FYI the drag into the interface of files now works. I had some problems with first run programs not being able to create folders in 'Program Files' so I went into Local Security Policy>Security options> and disabled User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation, User Account Control: Turn on Admin Approval Mode. I think this had some effect. I'm guessing. I also defragged the partition AVStoDVD is installed and set up O&O ShutUp10 and DoNotSpy10. I don't think the latter had anything to do with the drag function working but it happened after all this stuff was done. In Win7 and 8 I always used the disable registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System]
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

Win 10 reset this, but this tweak breaks any app Windows 10 relies i.e. Edge, search, update interface. I didn't do a clean install of Win10. I changed a lot of reg related stuff such as the desktop, libraries being on another disk, tons of other reg tweaks in Win8. This might be an OS hiccup that I am only experiencing as opposed to something broader.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by GTAGamesLvr View Post
    Hello

im having a problem with my vids i make with this program. each video has the audio out of sync'
    GTAGamesLvr, If its is a series of avi files that were made with Virtualdub that might be the cause of your problem. Avstodvd doesn't play well or not as easily as using convertxtodvd with these files. I had a file where the frame was being show as 16:9 but was 1:272:1 and what I wound up with was a stretched out bar on the screen. I don't know how to write avisynth scripts or know ffmpeg commands on how to fix this kind of stuff. I also once had audio sync problems like this the problem is I don't remember exactly what I did. If this is an avi put it into Virtualdub.

Install Virtualdub. You might need to install a xvid codec. Start VirtualDub and open and load AVI file. if Virtualdub detects a problem it will try to fix it (rarely does it work). Select File -> 'File Information' to display "AVI Information" dialog box. Look at the video lenght and audio length to see what the difference is. To extract the audio select file->open video file->click on file->save WAV. The audio then has to be opened in Audacity. I found this in my bookmarks 'http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=64003&p=172749#p172749' if I remember I used the information to fix the audio video lenght differnce. If the new audio file and vid file have the same name avstodvd should find it and then you have to choose the fixed file and delete the other.

It has been so long since I have anything llike this. This has been just a generalization probably not specific enough. I hope the above will somehow help to workout you problem.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Thanks for everyone's help with my problem. All the vids r now in sync after previewing them and burning them. I think picture quality is noticeably better than convertxtodvd. I'm so happy regarding that. Thanks again! And thank you too jukebox. I'll let u know if this problem arises again but I think I'm good for now.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bug Fix for the Wavi_Mod plugin

The automatic clipping prevention routine of the EBU R128 / BS1770 normalization modes had a small bug. In some cases the routine would use peak normalization instead of EBU / BS1770 normalization.

The fix has been tested on more than 30 clips, should be fool proof now... (trying to do floating point math with the good old batch language can be a littly tricky )

Download:
    http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/db5euD2i/file.html

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 5th Sep 2015 at 13:42. Reason: Fixed a regression - please redownload
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys

it seems ive already run into another problem. but its not directly from avs2dvd. i think its the LAV filters that you guys told me to install. the problem is when i play a video in media player classic 64 bit it comes out in lower volume than what i have set on my speakers. you can adjust the lav settings in that program but i don't know what to set it at. the other video program i use is vlc player but that seems to play audio normally. can someone assist me in what settings i should adjust the LAV in media player classic 64 bit? i tried the 32 bit version too but the problem is still there. hopefully you guys can help me still?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In MPC-HC you can specify (under Options -> External Filters) to not use any external filters but use the built-in LAV filters instead. This should bring back the old behavior. VLC is not DirectShow based so installing LAV filters has no effect on VLC.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  21. Manolito is there an easy way in avstodvd to fix an avi that Mediainfo shows as 5:3 aspect ratio but should be 16:9? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

im in external filters but it shows two blank boxes with a add filter. i press add filter and it lists a bunch of different filters. im not sure what lav filters to pick since there are 4 different ones. thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JukeboxJezabel View Post
    Manolito is there an easy way in avstodvd to fix an avi that Mediainfo shows as 5:3 aspect ratio but should be 16:9? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, this is a general problem with AVI files, there is no header info in AVI files about the DAR.

You can easily fix this within AVStoDVD. Load the AVI, select "Title -> Edit Source Title Info -> Video Display Aspect Ratio". For a 16:9 DAR enter the value "1.778". Check the change by starting the preview.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GTAGamesLvr View Post
    hi

im in external filters but it shows two blank boxes with a add filter. i press add filter and it lists a bunch of different filters. im not sure what lav filters to pick since there are 4 different ones. thanks in advance.
    If you want to use the MPC-HC built-in filters you should NOT add any filters under the External Filters tab. Just make sure that under the "Internal Filters" tab all filters are checked.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello

i think i didnt it right. i made sure under internal filters tab all were checked. and i didn't add any filters to the external tabs. can you possibly tell me in more detail? sorry for the noobish question. like i said i just want mpc and vlc to sound qual in volume. also does it matter whether mpc i use - 32bit or 64bit? thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I have no idea if it matters if you use 32bit or 64bit versions of MPC. I am under 32bit WinXP, and I use an older version (1.5.2.3456) of MPC-HC (because newer versions are slower).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

sorry to keep pestering you manolito about this. i just added the LAV filters to the external filters and its still low in volume. im using 32 bit cause i heard its more stable. i did that because you said first

"In MPC-HC you can specify (under Options -> External Filters) to not use any external filters but use the built-in LAV filters instead. This should bring back the old behavior. VLC is not DirectShow based so installing LAV filters has no effect on VLC."

"If you want to use the MPC-HC built-in filters you should NOT add any filters under the External Filters tab. Just make sure that under the "Internal Filters" tab all filters are checked."

i attempted both but it didnt solve the problem. again im sorry if im pestering you...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you did get the correct loudness with MPC when you had ffdshow installed and LAVFilters uninstalled?

All you can do is try to reproduce this setup, and if the audio is louder with ffdshow, then try to figure out which ffdshow settings have an influence. Before uninstalling LAVFilters you could also play with the LAV audio settings. Maybe enable the audio mixer (it is disabled by default) and see what happens.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Originally Posted by JukeboxJezabel View Post
    Manolito is there an easy way in avstodvd to fix an avi that Mediainfo shows as 5:3 aspect ratio but should be 16:9? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, this is a general problem with AVI files, there is no header info in AVI files about the DAR.

You can easily fix this within AVStoDVD. Load the AVI, select "Title -> Edit Source Title Info -> Video Display Aspect Ratio". For a 16:9 DAR enter the value "1.778". Check the change by starting the preview.

Cheers
    manolito

Thanks, you are always a great help!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks manolito. i did further testing and it was correct audio loudness as far as i could tell. thanks for your help! if i have any other questions ill let you know. thanks again!

cheers!
    Quote Quote