VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 137
FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I just noticed this message in my start up log for avstodvd.

'12:12:16' Warning! Having both ffdshow and LAV Filters installed may cause media decoding instability! Please consider to remove one of them.

ffdshow is installed by Avchdcoder, and I suspect other programs that I have installed may also use it.

Is there something I can do to avoid problems, other than removing ffdshow?

Also, with the greatest of respect, can I also suggest the wording be changed to "Please consider removing one of them" as this is more grammatically correct for English.

@Manolito.. I was reading through the thread and saw your image above with the Spline36resize. I only have 16 and 64. Is there a reason for that? Just curious

thanks
    Tanya
    10940x with Creator X299 Motherboard, 32GB DRR4-3733, RTX 3080 Ti GPU
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to a lot of people (including me) LAV Filters have superseded ffdshow today. More supported formats, more stability. One exception are the audio filters. ffdshow provides many ways to manipulate audio which LAV does not.

Both ffdshow and LAV are DirectShow filters. Which one actually gets used is detemined by the "Filter Merit" value. As a rule of thumb whichever filter package is installed last will get the highest merit so it will be used as the preferred filter. To determine which filter actually gets used you can build a filter graph within AVStoDVD which will show the actual filters.

The splitter is a different issue. If you use ffdshow you will need a separate splitter, and usually this will be Haali. LAVFilters comes with its own LAV splitter. Having both splitters installed at the same time is not a good idea IMO, because Haali has a tendency to always overtake other splitters and push itself to the foreground.

So if you have both ffdshow and LAVFilters installed, just take a look at the filter graph to see which one is actually used. And do some test encodes to make sure that your setup works.

Re Spline36Resize:
    This has been my favorite universal resizing algorithm for a long time. To me this is the best compromise between sharpness and avoiding ringing artifacts. But probably a matter of personal preference...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Manolito,

thanks for your response.

I have been checking out my system and it seems I don't have haali installed. It's in the avchdcoder "Installation tools" folder, but I can't see it anywhere else. So I checked out ffdshow. The version that comes with avchdcoder is dated 2011. The version I have installed in 2014-06-28. Clearly not installed by avchdcoder.

Hmm.. That raises another question.. If ffdshow requires a separate splitter, and haali is not installed, and since I can build a DVD successfully, then .... ???

I built this system up from scratch a month ago, and 2.8.0 I think had already been released; at which point LAV filters were being used. So I'm not sure how ffdshow found it's way onto my system. (I use avchdcoder, winff, handbrake, avstodvd, mkvtoolnix, mediainfo, dvdfab9 and makemkv)

Thanks for the tip about the graph. It appears to show that ffdshow is being used as the primary filter.

I guess I'll just have to restore to one of my earlier images prior to installing all this stuff and build from that point on, so all of my progressive backups are without ffdshow... <sigh>
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vh_filters.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	31374  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just took a look at the avchdcoder installation guide, and it says that ffdshow, Haali and AviSynth are required. So chances are that you do have Haali installed.

It is also very possible that avchdcoder will work correctly without ffdshow / Haali, because LAV Filters offer the same (and more) decoding formats. An example is BD-Rebuilder which also listed ffdshow as a requirement, but meanwhile recommends LAVFilters.

But of course you can also do it the other way around: Get rid of LAV Filters and use ffdshow /Haali exclusively. AVStoDVD supports ffdshow without any restrictions. So use whatever floats your boat...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Just took a look at the avchdcoder installation guide, and it says that ffdshow, Haali and AviSynth are required. So chances are that you do have Haali installed.

It is also very possible that avchdcoder will work correctly without ffdshow / Haali, because LAV Filters offer the same (and more) decoding formats. An example is BD-Rebuilder which also listed ffdshow as a requirement, but meanwhile recommends LAVFilters.
    Yes, I read that too. However, AVStoDVD used to install ffdshow and Haali. AVCHDCOder requires that these be installed manually, via menu options provided in the program. Since AVStoDVD moved to LAV Filters Haali and FFDShow were not installed.

As you noted, AVCHDCoder may well, and has indeed been working fine without Haali. I checked again and it is not installed where it should be (C:\programs file (x86)\haali\matroskasplitter), or anywhere else on my system.

I don't recall installing a later version of ffdshow myself, but I must have. Middle age setting in I suppose

I have uninstalled ffdshow and avstodvd is now using LAV filters.

I am running tests with both programs and so far everything seems to be going ok. Just started a movie with avchdcoder. We'll see how that goes.

thank you for your assistance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I may have found a problem.

If I go into menu editor, change the title text and change the font, then try to move or resize the title field I get an Error 383 "'Text' Property is read only!" and avstodvd subsequently exits.

If I dont change the font I can move the title around. But if I then change the font and attempt to move it, the error occurs. I don't have to change the text either.

However, if I change some other property like the font size, then move the title field it resets to Arial (The original font), and I can move the field around. If I then change the font again, then it will crash.

Tried this with several different files, all MKV, and with multiple and single files and with mixed content (avi and mkv). I can replicate the error every time.

I'm running 2.8.1 with the hotfix

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Yanta,

I tried to reproduce your problem, but I couldn't (WinXP)...

The error message comes from Visual Basic, it can be caused by dozens of different issues. I did get this error message in the past on several occasions, and uninstalling AVStoDVD, deleting its reg key under HKCU/Software and reinstalling always took care of it.

But probably MrC will have some better advice for you...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  8. @Yanta

Do you gey the error with every font you select, or only with a specific font? If a specific font, what is its name?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Yanta

Do you get the error with every font you select, or only with a specific font? If a specific font, what is its name?

Bye
    1. Arial CE and Arial CYR crash the program.
    2. Arial Greek resets to Arial when moving text
    3. All others I sampled seem to work fine
    4. When selecting a font that works, then selecting Arial CE or CYR it will not crash, it resets the font to Arial.

I have restored my system to an image prior to installing any authoring programs and installed AVStoDVD from scratch, with the hotfix.

This time ffdshow has NOT been installed (Not related - but it refers back to an earlier thread).

Edit: I'm using Windows 7 Ult x64 Technet, 32gb ram, GTX970 Video, I7-4790K @ 4.4ghz, with 256GB SSD Boot and 2TB spinner for data.

Name:	avstotdvd_error.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	31437  

Last edited by Yanta; 26th Apr 2015 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audio out of sync all encodes.

Since installing avstodvd 2.8.1 from scratch without ffdshow or haali on my system every project I've done has audio out of sync. Whether with a single item, or multiple items, it's out of sync.

After installation this is the codec setup...

Should ALL of these be set to LAV filters now - As per this post... https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2371087&viewfull=1#post2371087?

Name:	videohelp3.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	653.7 KB
ID:	31452  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Yanta View Post
    Should ALL of these be set to LAV filters now - ?
    Yes, please...

The Microsoft codecs have a real bad reputation. If you cannot change the codecs from within AVStoDVD, please use the Win7 DirectShow Filter Tweaker tool.

This part of my older post:
    4. Search for "convertfps = VFR" and replace it with "convertfps = true" (without the quotes)
    is no longer relevant, MrC changed the priorities so now VFR takes precedence over CFR unless CFR is explicitly specified.

And please make sure that Haali is really uninstalled. Having LAV Splitter and Haali installed together is asking for trouble...

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 27th Apr 2015 at 23:16.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Manolito.

The Win7 DS tweaker tool only lists Microsoft decoders in 32 and 64 bit columns. There are no ffdshow (of course). So the only way is via AVStoDVD - Which I have now done. I will try some conversions tonight.

Haali is definitely not installed. I have built my system from scratch and taken images at various points along the way. I restored to a point where there were no filters, codecs or authoring/editing software installed, then installed AVStoDVD from there. Prior to doing that I manually installed Haali and took note of the installation folders, registry entries and start menu entries. After restoring I checked to make sure that none of those were present.

The tip about convertfps is noted.

thanks
    Tanya

EDIT: I have converted a single MKV with AVStoDVD and it's audio is now in sync with LAV filters only used. thanks
    Last edited by Yanta; 28th Apr 2015 at 05:56. Reason: Update status
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got it working...

BTW the new version 0.65 of LAVFilters works nicely with AVCStoDVD (now it has a built-in DTS decoder).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Problems when using a DVD structure as the source

I discovered this issue a few days ago while helping a German forum member via PM. AVStoDVD can use a DVD structure as the source by specifying the IFO for the desired VTS. AVStoDVD then indexes the VOBs of the title set (declining to index it doesn't do anything except throwing an error).

The problem occurs if the VTS contains a VTS menu which is present in the file VTS_0x_0.VOB. This VOB is only present if there is a VTS menu. Without a menu the first VOB is always VTS_0x_1.VOB. And to the best of my knowledge when indexing a title set with DGIndex the VTS_0x_0.VOB should always be excluded from indexing.

But AVStoDVD includes VTS_0x_0.VOB if it is present, and this causes at least 2 problems:
    (I tested it using a DVD structure created by DVDStyler, just a simple text based menu, no audio for the menu)

The properties for the video are derived from the first VOB (the one containing the menu), and these properties are different for the actual video. In this case the menu VOB contains silent video and audio tracks, these are interlaced BFF 16:9 while the actual video track is progressive 4:3.

And the second problem is that video and audio are out of sync.

So IMO when indexing such a DVD structure, the first VOB containing the menu should always be ignored. Indexing should start with VTS_0x_1.VOB in each and every case.

The reason I did not find this issue much earlier is that I did not even know that the option to use a DVD structure directly even existed. So far I have always used MakeMKV to load a DVD structure, because it preserves the original chapters.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks manolito for pointing out this issue. There are 2 ways to fix it:

1. (the quick one) start to indexing the VOBs (belonging to tileset VTS_0x_0) from VTS_0x_1.VOB and not from VTS_0x_0.VOB, as you suggest

2. (the better one) integrate the 'Parse DVD' tool capabilities to the 'Add Title' section, DVD structure sub-section, giving the user the possibililty to select the VTS of choice, then the video/audio/subs/chapters tracks of choice

Of course I will start from bullet point #1... the lazy side in me is getting stronger over the years...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Of course I will start from bullet point #1... the lazy side in me is getting stronger over the years...

Bye
    Totally agreed... Being lazy is not a flaw, it is a virtue.
    And the more experienced users will know how to use the "Parse DVD" tool...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm new here. I just downloaded and installed AVStoDVD, I changed nothing at all, I imported a video and I get an error message. If I import a different video I get the same error.
    During installation I ticked every option, then I also installed ImgBurn. I'm using Win 8.1 x64.
    I installed the alpha version after this, but same error remained.
    avisynth script error: there is no function named: "fity2uv"
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi there phoenixy

which AVStoDVD release are you using? Have you downloaded the Installer package or the NoInstall package?

There is some simple troubleshooting in the FAQ (Help/FAQ/Video). Make sure you have already read and followed the suggestions in the FAQ section.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by phoenixy View Post
    Hi,

I'm new here. I just downloaded and installed AVStoDVD, I changed nothing at all, I imported a video and I get an error message. If I import a different video I get the same error.
    During installation I ticked every option, then I also installed ImgBurn. I'm using Win 8.1 x64.
    I installed the alpha version after this, but same error remained.
    avisynth script error: there is no function named: "fity2uv"
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Just looking via Google, that's a MaskTools related error (but probably will mean nothing to you)

Did you install Avisynth, it IS needed by AVStoDVD ....

This link is the latest Avisynth, that 'might' solve your problems. I use the NoInstall version of AVStoDVD out of choice. Simply copy the entire 'NoInstall' folder to anywhere you want to run it from and thats about it. Apart from installing [I]Avisynth[I] and [I]IMGBurn[I] (which you already have)

This is the direct link to the NoInstall version of AVStoDVD ...... Extract the archive and either run it from there or rename the folder to anything you wish and copy anywhere you wish. It will happily run from your DeskTop if you want it to

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/avstodvd/avstodvd/AVStoDVD%202.8.1/AVStoDVD_2..._mirror=heanet

If you are still getting weird errors, copy and paste the entire script from the avisynth tab in AVStoDVD (you will have to turn off the auto avisynth script option so you can copy the contents of that window

That should be able to tell us exactly what is being run in avisynth and why its flagging an error

Also, are you using FFMPEG or HCEnc for the encoder. If the wrong version of FMPEG isn't installed that can cause problems as well (but shouldn't be if you used the AVstoDVD installer, and should also have installed LAVFilters - which are much better than Microsoft). All that is solved if you use the NoInstall AVStoDVD .... Which is another reason I use that. Less software to install, and less chance of conflicts
    Last edited by steptoe; 5th May 2015 at 09:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi phoenixy,

your error indeed comes from MaskTools.

The function "MotionProtectedFPS" needs masktools.dll, and it only works with exactly the version which comes with AVStoDVD. You can check it by going to the "AVStoDVD\lib" folder and make sure that the masktools.dll version is 1.5.1.0.

If you have the correct version in the "lib" folder, then it is possible that you have a different version in your AviSynth\plugins folder. This version will autoload and might therefore have priority over the correct version which comes with AVStoDVD.

Solution: Rename MaskTools.dll in the AviSynth\plugins folder or copy the version from the AVStoDVD\lib folder into the plugins folder. Please note that the newer mt_masktools-25.dll does not cause any conflict with AVStoDVD. Just do not rename it to masktools.dll.

Another option would be to not use MotionProtectedFPS and use ChangeFPS instead. For this you need to edit the AviSynth script and replace MotionProtectedFPS with ChangeFPS.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 5th May 2015 at 12:48.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Release 2.8.2 Alpha 150507 is out

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added .style file generation routine for SubRip hard-encoded subtitles font customization
    - Added auto adjustment of colour coefficients if source is using ITU-R BT.709 set (thru ColorMatrix plugin)
    - Revised Video Encoder selection criteria in 'Preferences'/'Video' and 'Edit Title'/'Video'
    - Moved location of Profile.xml file from SubtitleCreator folder to Local AppData folder
    - Improved Profile.xml file generation routine
    - Improved handling of interlaced sources (added support to MBAFF and PAFF tags)
    - Improved bitrate calculation routine
    - Improved log activity
    - Updated main AVStoDVD icon (32, 48, 64, 256 px)
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.65

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the new version...

As usual I cannot comment on the improvements concerning subtitles, but otherwise everything is working fine. The issue with indexing a DVD structure is fixed, the new interface for the selection of a video encoder is straightforward and easy to understand. Looks ready to me.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm having problems when it comes to the "switchable" subtitles. I can't get them to change their position from the preference tab, and they end up not showing fully on the picture.
    Name:  refrence.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  20.7 KB
    The picture shows the the intended position of the subtitles, the one as attachment is the result in the DVD.

Name:	avssubtitle.png
Views:	511
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	31596  

Quote Quote  
  24. Hi there Finnjavel,

what AVStoDVD release are you using? Could you please upload the .log file of one project with this issue?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi why do i have to demux subtitles in order to hard encode them in my dvd ?

I can't select hard encoded if subtitle is directly in the mkv.

sorry for my english.
    thanks

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	597
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	31597  

Last edited by imhh1; 9th May 2015 at 10:40.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Because VSFilter TextSub() function requires that the SRT/SSA/ASS subtitle is a separate file.

You can use the 'Tools'/'Demux File' section to extract the SRT subs from your MKV and then add the extracted file to the AVStoDVD project.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using version 2.8.1
    <9.5.2015 14:51:03>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_1.ac3 (322,7 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:40:43 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:51:03>
    START SUBS EXTRACTING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    MKVExtract Parameters: tracks "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\Films\Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p].mkv" 1:"C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p].srt"
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:51:33>
    END SUBS EXTRACTING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p].srt (103,5 KB)
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:51:34>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    ANSI format conversion routine applied
    SRT errors fixing routine applied (0 lines fixed)
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p].srt" -p4 -i"C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Examples\VTS_01_1.IFO"
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:51:40>
    END SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_1.sup (2,34 MB)
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:51:41>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 2)
    SRT errors fixing routine applied (0 lines fixed)
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p].srt" -p4 -i"C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Examples\VTS_01_1.I FO"
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:51:45>
    END SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 2)
    Created File: C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_2.sup (1,85 MB)
    <>

DVD CHAPTERS CREATION OPERATIONS
    Title 1 Input Chapters List: 7193 14386 21578 28771 35964 43157 50350 57542 64735 71928 79121 86314 93506 100699 107892 115085 122278 129470 136663 143856
    Title 1 Output Chapters List: 8991 17982 26972 35963 44954 53946 62937 71927 80918 89909 98901 107892 116882 125873 134864 143856 152847 161837 170828 179819
    Created File: C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_Chapters.txt (0,15 KB)
    <>

START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_BatchMux.i ni"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_MuxMan.mxp "
    -l "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_MuxMan.log "
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_3_Palette.tx t"
    -v "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p].m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -s1 "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_1.sup"
    -s1lang en
    -s1ext 1
    -s2 "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_2.sup"
    -s2lang en
    -s2ext 1
    -cellfr "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3_Les Chevaliers du Ciel [FRE][720p]_Chapters.txt"

<>

<9.5.2015 14:53:59>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3 (4427,8 MB)

CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 4427,8 MB
    vs Assets Size: 4339,9 MB -> OK
    vs Estimated Size: 4450 MB -> 0,5% undersize
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:53:59>
    START ISO IMAGE BUILDING OPERATIONS
    ImgBurn (ISO) Parameters: /mode isobuild /buildmode imagefile /src "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3\VIDEO_TS" /dest "C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3.iso" /volumelabel "DVD" /overwrite yes /noimagedetails /start /close
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:55:14>
    END ISO IMAGE BUILDING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\Asus\Videos\DVD_3.iso (4428,4 MB)
    <>

<9.5.2015 14:55:15>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.1
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  28. Please report the complete project log file, not just from the audio/subs encoding sections. It contains useful info from the beginning.

Moreover I suggest to use the last 2.8.2 Alpha release, because it has significant improvements on subs.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. [deleted]
    Last edited by _MrC_; 10th May 2015 at 07:24. Reason: duplicated post
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed the 2.8.2 version and it worked, Thank you for your time and dedication
    Quote Quote