VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 137
FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 4096
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    So you have captured an old 4:3 movie which has been encoded as 16:9, and it has black borders on all 4 sides? And you want to encode it to DVD or MPEG as 4:3, right?

The exact crop values depend on your source resolution of course, but why do you even want to go through all the math? AVStoDVD now has Visual Cropping, it can do everything for you automatically. Load the source into AVStoDVD, click on "View/Edit Title Settings". Under "Video" you have to force 4:3 as your Video Aspect Ratio. Then go to the "AviSynth" tab and select "Transform -> Crop". Use the visual cropping to get rid of all black borders and import the values. That's it, AVStoDVD will create a perfect 4:3 DVD output.

Cheers
    manolito
    I missed the 4:3 option 7 was not presented with the VISUAL crop option (as a result??) . I will try your suggestion, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_, all my subtitles are made by SubRip (*.srt), then I edit them with Subtitle Edit and convert them to ANSI with Notepad++. What I have to do to get the font size reduced?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mr C I have the same issue as JukeboxJezabel. I'm having avstodvd save to iso image. It happens in batch mode and regular mode. I have to click ok for the projecs to start. So please fix its annoying that I cannot run jobs over night in batch without me being at the computer. Im using 2.8.1 I removed 2.8.0 and It asked for me to keep the setting I choosed yes. Should I remove it and remove the program settings?
    Quote Quote  
  4. [QUOTE=_MrC_;2382119]@JukeboxJezabel

after the 1st time you select the DVD drive "not capable" (according to A2D) to burn DVD, you should not be anymore prompted with that message. Please check.

I happens every time. I'm on Win 8.1 64bit if that helps. Clean install or over the last unchanged registry settings the same thing. It 'warns' for the drive that AVStoDVD is not associated to and clicking preferences does the same for the associated drive. FYI this was also occurring with the betas.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guys, I found the issue about the 'drive D: not ready'. Here you are the hotfix.

Thanks for the report

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 26th Mar 2015 at 17:20. Reason: Link to hotfix
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Theres for releasing a hotfix so fast. Now I can Batch my stuff without being at the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the fix
    Quote Quote  
  8. Perhaps I'm just missing it, but is there a way to add a label to a menu, one that isn't linked to a title? I'd just like to add some additional text to the menu.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have begun using AVStoDVD (and its dependencies) and as a newbie I am experiencing some difficulties and some enquiries

1. I need to know whether I can preview the output WITH SRT SUBTITLE TRACK BEFORE processing to check lets say subtitle sync or audio sync?

2. Are there any more dvd menu templates available for AVStoDVD

2. Are the dependency programs such as avisynth etc, ALL available in portable format and can they be installed somehow and linked to AVStoDVD to make it truly portable

Thanks
    Last edited by perfection; 29th Mar 2015 at 04:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hurricane1951 View Post
    Perhaps I'm just missing it, but is there a way to add a label to a menu, one that isn't linked to a title? I'd just like to add some additional text to the menu.
    Hi hurricane,

no, AVStoDVD itself does not have an option to add text to menus. As a workaround you could edit the background pic in an editor like Paint and add your text there. Then in the AVStoDVD menu editor you can replace the original background pic with the edited picture.

This workaround is a little clumsy, maybe you'd be better off using DVDStyler for menu creation...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    I have begun using AVStoDVD (and its dependencies) and as a newbie I am experiencing some difficulties and some enquiries

1. I need to know whether I can preview the output WITH SRT SUBTITLE TRACK BEFORE processing to check lets say subtitle sync or audio sync?

2. Are the dependency programs such as avisynth etc, ALL available in portable format and can they be installed somehow and linked to AVStoDVD to make it truly portable

Thanks
    Hi perfection,

1. I cannot tell you anything about subs, you have to wait for MrC...

2. You can download more templates at SourceForge. The menu wizard of AVStoSVCD has a link directly below the background picture preview under the template selection tab.

3. AVStoDVD by itself is NOT portable. The no-install version does not need to be installed, but it does write all its setting into the Windows Registry.

AviSynth also needs to be installed. The same goes for DirectShow filter packages like LAVFilters or ffdshow. And IMGBurn is also only available as an installer version. So I believe that you are out of luck if you want to make AVStoDVD portable.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    You can temporarly activate the hardcoding option in 'Edit Title'/'subtitles'. Then yon can use the Previe Output feature (it ca be accessed from 'Edit Title' and main windows). When you have checked out the sync, you can restore the hardcoding option.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks manolito and _MrC_
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to preview the subtitles for sync or errors, try a program like Aegisub or SubtitleWorkshop.

Regarding the templates: cool. I never thought to look for different ones. I'll be checking them out too.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    I have begun using AVStoDVD (and its dependencies) and as a newbie I am experiencing some difficulties and some enquiries

Thanks
    Hi perfection,

1. I cannot tell you anything about subs, you have to wait for MrC...

2. You can download more templates at SourceForge. The menu wizard of AVStoSVCD has a link directly below the background picture preview under the template selection tab.

3. AVStoDVD by itself is NOT portable. The no-install version does not need to be installed, but it does write all its setting into the Windows Registry.

AviSynth also needs to be installed. The same goes for DirectShow filter packages like LAVFilters or ffdshow. And IMGBurn is also only available as an installer version. So I believe that you are out of luck if you want to make AVStoDVD portable.

Cheers
    manolito
    Hi Manolito,

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I think I've found a bug in the Menu Editor. It shows up when you manually position Titles and only in a specific way.

Assume you have three titles. You already know the values to get an exact alignment. Make sure the button for HL Links is on, so you can track the links.

On title 1, you change each value for position (Width, Height, Left, Top).
    On title 2, you do the same.
    On title 3, you do the same. As soon as you enter the value for Top, the links change and title 1 now links directly to title three, up and down. There is no longer any way to get to title 2 except with a mouse. The cursor keys won't do it.

Sometimes changing the Top position value on title 1 will immediately change the link to title 3. It is definitely related to changing the value for top position.

I've tried this uncounted time, with two different projects. I certainly have not tried some sequence of events, but without an Undo (is there a way to undo?), every time I have to reset the entire menu and start from scratch. Perhaps there's another way to duplicate this behavior, but it's gotten in the way of my job of creating an series of 20 episodes with the same menu layout.

A method to change the link order would solve everything, but I don't see that capability.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Originally Posted by hurricane1951 View Post
    Perhaps I'm just missing it, but is there a way to add a label to a menu, one that isn't linked to a title? I'd just like to add some additional text to the menu.
    Hi hurricane,

no, AVStoDVD itself does not have an option to add text to menus. As a workaround you could edit the background pic in an editor like Paint and add your text there. Then in the AVStoDVD menu editor you can replace the original background pic with the edited picture.

This workaround is a little clumsy, maybe you'd be better off using DVDStyler for menu creation...

Cheers
    manolito
    Hi Manolito,

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Oversized Error

I'm using the very latest noinstall release, and getting a DVD oversized error when creating an episode DVD and setting the disc size as 4450MB (or DVD-5 from the menu)

Running the project to the end, and trying to burn the DVD via IMGBurn, I get IMGBurn telling me that it will not fit on a single DVD-5 and as king if I wish to try an overburn (which I don't)

I'm pretty sure its not flagged this error before, and I thought the whole point was to squeeze the project onto a DVD-5 (or DVD-9) regardless of video source sizes

I'll admit that the output is on the large size (4 1/2 hours in total) but I'm not that bothered about final quality, but if I have to I can reduce the episodes to 3 per disc instead of squeezing all 6 onto one DVD. I'd prefer not to and had no real issues in the past when creating a project that is more that a single DVD as AVStoDVD squeezed it all for me adjusting the bitrates as required per episode to fit one the single DVD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Without even seeing your log file I suspect that your Lower Average Bitrate is set too high (AFAIK default is 2500).

According to my bitrate calculator the average video bitrate in your case has to be 2073 kbps.

Name:  Bitrate.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  46.7 KB

So you need to set the Lower Average Bitrate to a value of 2000 kbps or lower...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LowerAVG.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	30964

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  20. I was running AVStoDVD 2.8.1 on a Win8.1 machine until I get a new psu I will have to be using a Win7 setup. On 8.1 I have no problem with x265 files and authoring. On the Win7 x264 works fine but with x265 when I click the dvd building menu I get a 'Warning! Cannot create a dvd thumbnail from title 1'. How can I correct this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JukeboxJezabel; 31st Mar 2015 at 22:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    DVD Oversized Error

I'm using the very latest noinstall release, and getting a DVD oversized error when creating an episode DVD and setting the disc size as 4450MB (or DVD-5 from the menu)

Running the project to the end, and trying to burn the DVD via IMGBurn, I get IMGBurn telling me that it will not fit on a single DVD-5 and as king if I wish to try an overburn (which I don't)

I'm pretty sure its not flagged this error before, and I thought the whole point was to squeeze the project onto a DVD-5 (or DVD-9) regardless of video source sizes

I'll admit that the output is on the large size (4 1/2 hours in total) but I'm not that bothered about final quality, but if I have to I can reduce the episodes to 3 per disc instead of squeezing all 6 onto one DVD. I'd prefer not to and had no real issues in the past when creating a project that is more that a single DVD as AVStoDVD squeezed it all for me adjusting the bitrates as required per episode to fit one the single DVD

Just changed the minimum bitrate to 500, and the project is now coming back out as fitting on a single DVD. Will have to re-run it later today when I get back from work

Thanks

Suggestion

Any chance of adding support for custom matrix not included with AVStoDVD, maybe a folder that has all the matrices that is autoadded when you run AVStoDVD. Or a text file that is loaded

I'm after adding some anime matrix, such as the kika matrices or just very low bitrate matrix for big multiple epsiode projects, such as kids animations that may only 5-10 minutes each but can run to a lot of episodes

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. @hurricane1951

could you please upload some images to better explain the issue?

@steptoe

you should have been warned by the progress bar becoming RED that the final size would have been bigger than a DVD-5. Minimum bitrate @500 kbps will solve the issue, but beware of poor quality.

@JukeboxJezabel

it may be related to the missing directshow codec to decode the HEVC file. Have you installed any? To check it you can use the 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Codecs Graph' tool. Or you can upload the file and post here the link.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Any chance of adding support for custom matrix not included with AVStoDVD, maybe a folder that has all the matrices that is autoadded when you run AVStoDVD. Or a text file that is loaded

I'm after adding some anime matrix, such as the kika matrices or just very low bitrate matrix for big multiple epsiode projects, such as kids animations that may only 5-10 minutes each but can run to a lot of episodes

Thanks

Hi steptoe,

currently AVStoDVD only supports some selected matrices for HCenc which are built into HC. HCenc also supports other matrices by using the "CUSTOMMATRIX" parameter, so your suggestion is certainly doable.

The question for me is however if this modification would make sense for AVStoDVD. HCenc uses the exponential quantizer scale, and according to a couple of very knowledgable people (Dark Shikari - X264 developer) custom quant matrices are pretty much useless for encoders with an exponential quantizer scale. There is an interesting thread over at Doom9, you should take a look:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1465296#post1465296
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1465642#post1465642

Currently you already can use custom quant matrices by using my ffmpeg-VBR plugin. ffmpeg uses a linear quantizer scale, so custom matrices do make sense here. The latest incarnation of my plugin makes it very easy to use matrices. Matrices are stored as simple text files, and you just have to specify the desired matrix for the different encoding modes.

Download the latest version here: (the version at the AVStoDVD SourceForge page is a little too old...)

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/O6LWFPEB/file.html

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 1st Apr 2015 at 11:31. Reason: Updated version - please redownload...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @JukeboxJezabel

it may be related to the missing directshow codec to decode the HEVC file. Have you installed any? To check it you can use the 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Codecs Graph' tool. Or you can upload the file and post here the link.
    I installed 2.80 and everything worked correctly then reinstalled 2.81 over it and now it works great!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did notice some blocking on some encodes, so I'll stick to the built-in ones. I think there is a 'cartoon' one included
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @hurricane1951

could you please upload some images to better explain the issue?
    Hi _MrC_

The first three images show the links before alignment. The last two show the links after setting alignment values.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Borgen Menu Problem-01.gif
Views:	362
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	31023  

Name:	Borgen Menu Problem-02.gif
Views:	399
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	31024  

Name:	Borgen Menu Problem-03.gif
Views:	402
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	31025  

Name:	Borgen Menu Problem-04.gif
Views:	374
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	31026  

Name:	Borgen Menu Problem-05.gif
Views:	364
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	31027  

Quote Quote  
  27. @hurricane1951

keep the same width for each Title Label

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    I have a file which for the most part (ignoring opening titles) is interlaced. FFMPEG Says this:
    Code:
    Duration: 02:12:20.24, start: 4200.000000, bitrate: 10224 kb/s
    Program 1 Stream #0:0[0x1011](und): Video: h264 (Main) (HDMV / 0x564D4448), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1920x1080, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    I'm not sure how to find out the field rate, but it is supposed to be played back as if it was a PAL 25fps 50i format.

I'm trying to use AVStoDVD to downscale this file (cropping the edges from the video to make a 4:3 image into 720x576 however it seems to always de-interlace the video, which I don't want it to do. I've tried checking and unchecking the "Interlaced encoding" option in the video settings but that has no effect, AVStoDVD seems to always encode the video as progressive (or at the very least, hard-fix the interlacing artefacts out of the video), so that while there is no de-interlacing artefacts, I lose the fluid video motion and I think there's more ghosting in between the frames.

This is what AvsToDVD has to say about the video track:

Code:
    Track ID: 4113
    Stream Order: 0
    Time: 2:12:20 hours
    Compression: AVC
    BitRate Mode: VBR
    Avg BitRate: 8943 kbps
    Min BitRate: 
    Max BitRate: 40000 kbps
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Display AspectRatio: 1.778
    Pixel AspectRatio: 1
    Frame AspectRatio: 1.778
    FrameRate Mode: 
    FrameRate: 25 fps
    Frame Count: 198511
    Scan Type: MBAFF
    Field Order: 
    DVD Compliance: 0
    Is there any way I can force the encoder to leave the field rate and/or de-interlacing alone? I know it's possible because VideoRedo has no problem encoding the file how I want onto DVD, preserving the interlaced playback and the field rate (I just can't have multiple audio tracks using that tool).

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean. This is from the raw file:https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/7seLdR5.png

this is how videoredo encodes it (how I would like it to be - notice how it's keeping it interlaced): https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/D9LoAsD.png

and this is what AVSToDVD is giving me: https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/btoNYup.png
    Last edited by bergqvistjl; 4th Apr 2015 at 07:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi bergqvistjl,

AVStoDVD does not deinterlace a source file unless you explicitly tell it to do so (under View/Edit Title -> Avisynth -> Enhance -> Deinterlace).

I suspect that MediaInfo does not report that your source is interlaced, so AVStoDVD treats it as progressive. Resizing an interlaced file vertically in progressive mode will totally screw up the encode.

You should tell AVStoDVD manually that your source is interlaced:

Name:	Scantype.png
Views:	1901
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	31038

Now your result should come out as interlaced. To achieve this the file first gets bob-deinterlaced, then resized, and finally reinterlaced.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Hi bergqvistjl,

AVStoDVD does not deinterlace a source file unless you explicitly tell it to do so (under View/Edit Title -> Avisynth -> Enhance -> Deinterlace).

I suspect that MediaInfo does not report that your source is interlaced, so AVStoDVD treats it as progressive. Resizing an interlaced file vertically in progressive mode will totally screw up the encode.

You should tell AVStoDVD manually that your source is interlaced:

[Attachment 31038 - Click to enlarge]

Now your result should come out as interlaced. To achieve this the file first gets bob-deinterlaced, then resized, and finally reinterlaced.

Good luck
    manolito
    Thanks very much, that's working perfectly.
    Quote Quote