VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 137
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    But everything seems to work fine if I first run the “AviSynth Frameserving Check” and get the message that the title has been successfully frame served. I can then click Start and QuEnc does display. And double clicking on the AVStoDVD in the system tray now does bring up its Progress Status display.

The critical step appears to be first selecting the “AviSynth Frameserving Check”. If I don’t do that then nothing processes. Selecting it from the drop down menu does not usually work but right clicking on the Title & selecting it usually does work, but not always. At least that’s what I’m experiencing at the moment. I’ve tried running “AviSynth Frameserving Check” many times each way and cannot think of anything different that I’m doing that might cause it to sometimes run and sometimes not.
    The AviSynth Frameserving Check routine is just a check to understand if your system is able to render the input title using the AVS Filter selected in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'. It is very strange that encoding starts only if you FIRST use AviSynth Frameserving Check routine (I assume you are using same input file), instead if you do not use the AviSynth Frameserving Check routine then QuEnc (or HCenc) does not appear.

Another very strange thing (you are the first user complaining about that) is the fact that a double-click on the tray bar icon does not bring up the Progress Status display. May you try on another system?

Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    When processing I saw “DGPulldown.exe” come up. I searched it appeared this was keeping my 23.976fps and doing whatever it take to use the 3:2 pulldown.

At first I was just concerned about getting the video correct and never installed flvsplitter but the audio came out just fine anyway. Have some changes been made in the latest release were I do not have to worry about the audio?
    As far as video and audio output are ok, do not worry about.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Earlier, with the previous release of AVStoDVD, after I hit Start the program disappeared from the screen & double clicking on the tray icon did nothing. But now it works fine if I first run “AviSynth Frameserving Check”. I never tried “AviSynth Frameserving Check” with the previous version of the program, so I don’t know what would have happened a month ago.

Again, the double click works, but I have to start off by running “AviSynth Frameserving Check” in order to Start the program. I do not have another system to try things on. Sorry. Maybe it has to do with my slow CPU processor.

Since I’m looking at getting a new computer, do you think there is much difference in performance between a quad core CPU and one of the newer Intel i3 CPUs that are dual core but have 4 threads? I do not do a lot of video work & like the idea of the i3 CPU because I understand it consumes less power. But will I take a big performance hit compared to a true 4 core PC when working with AVStoDVD or other video programs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    Since I’m looking at getting a new computer, do you think there is much difference in performance between a quad core CPU and one of the newer Intel i3 CPUs that are dual core but have 4 threads? I do not do a lot of video work & like the idea of the i3 CPU because I understand it consumes less power. But will I take a big performance hit compared to a true 4 core PC when working with AVStoDVD or other video programs?
    You will surely see a big advantage in change CPU, mainly if your current system is a single core. More cores, more speed, no doubt. I would leave the answer about CPU type comparison to more "hardware-oriented" users.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’ve been trying AVStoDVD on a couple FLV files. The original files are about 42 minutes in length and 200,000 KB in size.

I converted these to NTSC DVD files using the default AVStoDVD settings which sets the max bitrate of 8500 Kbps. The VIDEO_TS folders end up at about 2.6 GB. At that size I cannot get two videos on a standard DVD-R disc.

8500 Kbps seems quite high to use with FLV files, but I’m not sure how low I can safely go. When I record digital OTA programs with my stand alone DVD recorder at the 2 hour speed the bitrate is typically 4500 Kbps.

Is there any rule of thumb or guide for selecting bitrates on FLV files, or any file for that matter?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD (and most of these DVD all-in-one packages)
    chooses the best rate to make full use of the available space on the DVD.

The size (in MB ) of the source is irrelevant, it's really their running time that's a factor.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to reduce the bitrate & started a new project.
    First went to Options > Preferences > Video > HCenc VBR 2-pass.
    It displayed Higher Bitrate Level: 4500 Kbps.
    I clicked OK & then entered my new title.

Then went to View/Edit Title Settings > Video > unchecked Auto Video Setup > HCenc VBR 2-pass.
    I clicked OK and then Start.

The HCenc box opened up & displayed 8500 Kbps framerate.
    And the “info” line had a message: “Error: Invalid MPEG2 bitrate”

Why is it showing 8500 Kbps and why the error? I went with the 4500 Kbps default setting. Actually, how I do I know the bitrate? Whenever I go back to preferences the encoding method & bitrate that I selected is no longer shown that it was selected.

If I want to stay with QuEnc, how do I change the bitrate? It is grayed out at 8500 Kbps.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Leave the bitrate in preferences alone. All it does is adjust the cut-off points the program uses
    to decide whether to use CBR, 1-pass vbr or 2-pass vbr.
    Instead edit the titlle/video tab.
    Uncheck "auto video setup", then uncheck "auto bitrate calculation" and set the bitrate as desired.

In general, the program makes good choices, based on the run time of all your assets -
    not sure why you would want to change it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC nah it wasn't presubbed I would just open the film it would ask me to demux subs if i wanted them so i did then clicked hardsub and there was two subs on the preview window so i thought it was something wrong with avs but when i cutted a sample and retime the subs then put it through avs it worked fine now I think it was the formatting one that had double subs was UTF-8 srt and the working one was ANSI as subtitleworkshop fixed that but the strange thing was when i used the first subs and didn't have it on hardcode it showed in preview and when i changed to hardcode it showed two overlapping subs but with the second set when it wasn't hardcoded it showed nothing but when i changed to hardcode it showed One set of subs perfect so i dunno what went wrong only a guess it was the format or when the subs are muxed with the movie
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Crapware.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Leave the bitrate in preferences alone. All it does is adjust the cut-off points the program uses
    to decide whether to use CBR, 1-pass vbr or 2-pass vbr.
    Instead edit the titlle/video tab.
    Uncheck "auto video setup", then uncheck "auto bitrate calculation" and set the bitrate as desired.

In general, the program makes good choices, based on the run time of all your assets -
    not sure why you would want to change it.
    You previously mentioned that the program "chooses the best rate to make full use of the available space on the DVD." However I would like to put more than one video on a DVD, therefore the program does not know how much available space I really have. IOW I do not want it to make full use of the space but only one-half or one-third of the space.

I figured changing the bitrate would create a smaller file which would then allow 2 or 3 programs on a disc. I do not want to compromise quality, but my source files are FLV and I figured they really do not need 8500 Kbps.

What is the recommended method to reduce file size?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you add multiple videos to the project, the bitrates will be adjusted based on the total running time of all the videos
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The program handles this very well. For example, if you add two titles, but want to give more weight to the second title,
    you can lower the bitrate on the first (as mentioned previously) and the second title (assuming it was left on auto)
    will re-adjust itself to get the extra bits relinquished by the first title.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The program handles this very well. For example, if you add two titles, but want to give more weight to the second title,
    you can lower the bitrate on the first (as mentioned previously) and the second title (assuming it was left on auto)
    will re-adjust itself to get the extra bits relinquished by the first title.
    I'm not sure how many of the FLV files I can put on disc & not lose any significant picture quality. I have 9 videos & don't think I need 9 DVDs. But I don't know if I should put 2, 3 or 4/5 on a disc. That's why I was trying to get a feel for what typical bitrate is suitable for FLV files. Maybe that's working backwards, but I want to preserve what PQ is there.

Anyway I tried HCenc a couple more times & got the same error message as before. If I didn't change the bitrate & let it run at the default 2-pass setting I did not get the usual error message, but I got a message saying the process was aborted. Is there a known problem that perhaps HCenc does not work with FLV files?

Edit -
    I just tried 4 titles which automatically made the program select HCenc 2-pass encoding. The HCenc window came up and the “info” line had the same message: “Error: Invalid MPEG2 bitrate”.
    Last edited by Mike99; 22nd Oct 2010 at 01:50.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

I’m still having some difficulty. I had solved my no-Start problem by first running FrameServing Check, and that still seems to be the case. But it takes 5 or 6 tries in order to get FrameServing Check to run. Most of the time its window opens up but stays blank and my CPU usage is at 100%. And when I click to close it I get the message “End Program - AVStoDVD, this program is not responding”. Then of course AVStoDVD closes & I have to start all over.

This evening it took 8 tries to get FrameServing Check to run. After that I could successfully Start the program. I did try the Preview Title function which worked, but still could not get the program to Start.

Any suggestions where to look to see what is causing the freeze up? Could a file of dll be in the wrong directory?
    Quote Quote  
  15. @Mike99

1. Take note that the FrameServing Check routine is not mandatory to start the normal encoding, it is just a diagnostic tool to understand if a system is capable to use AviSynth source filters correctly. If the routine is giving errors, it is probably due to a codec issue: uninstall *every* codecs and splitters you have and do install only Haali Media Splitter, FLVSplitter and ffdshow. Re-install AviSynth as well. If you still have problem, then try to switch from 'A2DSource' to 'FFMpegSource' in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'.

2. About bitrate handling in AVStoDVD: see Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.5

3. About customizing the output DVD size, locate main toolbar DVD Size option and select 'Custom'. Insert the size you want (in MB) and let AVStoDVD select the bitrate and encoder for you.

4. What is your current CPU, RAM and OS?

@cowboyup910

please elaborate

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From another perspective, to try and figure out how many files to put on the disk,
    look at the total run time. It's only an estimate, but in general 3 - 3 1/2 hours at the most,
    4 at a pinch (perhaps use 1/2 D1 to squeeze a little more)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Mike99

1. Take note that the FrameServing Check routine is not mandatory to start the normal encoding, it is just a diagnostic tool to understand if a system is capable to use AviSynth source filters correctly. If the routine is giving errors, it is probably due to a codec issue: uninstall *every* codecs and splitters you have and do install only Haali Media Splitter, FLVSplitter and ffdshow. Re-install AviSynth as well. If you still have problem, then try to switch from 'A2DSource' to 'FFMpegSource' in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'.

2. About bitrate handling in AVStoDVD: see Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.5

3. About customizing the output DVD size, locate main toolbar DVD Size option and select 'Custom'. Insert the size you want (in MB) and let AVStoDVD select the bitrate and encoder for you.

4. What is your current CPU, RAM and OS?

@cowboyup910

please elaborate

Bye

I do realize the FrameServing Check routine is not mandatory. Previously you suggested I run it to see what happens. And it just so happened that if the routine was successful then Starting the program would also be successful. I don’t know if doing this saves me any time, but for a while the routine would almost always run the first time and then I could Start. Now the FrameServing Check seems to freeze a lot. I have no idea why sometimes it works & sometimes not.

When AVStoDVD does start & run it seems to be OK until I close out of it. So I can experiment with different bitrates, see what happens, stop the process & change selections. When I hit Start again everything is OK.

Haali Media Splitter was installed with AVStoDVD and I already had ffdshow. Other than already having FLV1 enabled with libavcodec, are there certain other formats that should be enabled or disabled? Other than ffdshow I am not aware of any other codecs on my system. I guess something could have been installed with VLC or Any Video Converter, but how can I find out?

I have Windows XP SP3 running on a 2.6 Ghz P4 CPU with 1.5 GB RAM. It does take a while to process some video functions but I just walk away & do something else in the meantime.

Regarding FLV Splitter. The VideoHelp information section on FLV Splitter states in order to view .FLV content locally, you need a splitter installed. I have VLC installed which does play .FLV files. Does that mean I already have a splitter installed, or is this just an internal function of VLC?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed FLV Splitter and HCenc then worked. I’m still trying to find out what other codecs I might have, other than ffdshow, and therefore have not deleted any that might be on my system.

I had it do a 2-pass encoding just so I could compare it to the QuEnc version. When the HCenc settings box came up I noticed a couple things. Interlaced was No and Pulldown was No.

My source was a 23.976fps FLV file. But my final DVD NTSC video was changed to 29.97fps and does not look as good as the QuEnc version. Plus the audio is way out of sync.

From what I’ve read on the VideoHelp forum, HCenc 2-pass encoding is supposed to be the best but takes longer. I don’t know how all these codecs & settings work, but HCenc did not do a very good job for me.

I did go into the Advanced Project Settings & an Edit Command Parameter window came up when I Started, but I’m not sure what to change. For example it did list Pulldown, but the encoder changed my fps anyway.

How do I correct the fps and audio sync?
    Quote Quote  
  19. @Mike99

please add the AVStoDVD project log file: it contains a lot of info to understand what's wrong.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

Here's the log file.

<10/24/2010 12:57:41 AM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 1961/4450 MB (44%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 6500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt Bold
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: E: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.05
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: F:\Peace_8_360\Hulu - Sample.flv
    Info: AVC - 0 kbps - 640x360 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 40:28 minutes - 58227 frames
    Audio 1: F:\Peace_8_360\Hulu - Sample.flv
    Info: AAC LC - 0 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 40:28 minutes - Internal
    Subs:
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.35]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("F:\Peace_8_360\Hulu - Sample.flv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp", VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("F:\Peace_8_360\Hulu - Sample.flv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 1882.1 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 6500
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 60
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:34:42 AM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.m2v (1877.1 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6531 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 40:28 minutes - 60713 frames
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:34:42 AM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.m2v" -srcfps 25.000 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:43:24 AM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.m2v (1877.1 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6531 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 40:28 minutes - 72780 frames
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:43:24 AM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_1.ac3"
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:44:56 AM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_1.ac3 (55.6 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 16bit - 40:28 minutes
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:44:56 AM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_BatchMux.in i"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_MuxMan. mxp"
    -l "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_14_MuxMan. log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -v "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14_Hulu - Sample_Chapters.txt"

<>

<10/24/2010 2:52:26 AM>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 1967.1 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 1961 MB -> 0.3% oversize
    vs Assets Size: 1932.7 MB -> OK
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:52:26 AM>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_14 (1967.1 MB)
    <>

<10/24/2010 2:52:28 AM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.2
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  21. Very interesting: source flv file is detected as 23.976 fps (NTSC-film), so HCenc is setup to do 3:2 pulldown (from 23.976 to 29.97 fps) to have a NTSC DVD compliant. BUT intermediate m2v file is detected as 25 fps, so DGPulldown is invoked as fixing step to do 25 to 29.97 conversion. That's could be the reason of the visual differences (jerks/stutters?) with QuEnc.

The only conjecture I can do is that Input flv file is not 23.976 but 25 fps. MediaInfo has made a wrong reading. Thus HCenc has not applied any 3:2 pulldown. If you run the flv with Media Player Classic and look at properties, what does it say about fps?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very interesting: source flv file is detected as 23.976 fps (NTSC-film), so HCenc is setup to do 3:2 pulldown (from 23.976 to 29.97 fps) to have a NTSC DVD compliant. BUT intermediate m2v file is detected as 25 fps, so DGPulldown is invoked as fixing step to do 25 to 29.97 conversion. That's could be the reason of the visual differences (jerks/stutters?) with QuEnc.

The only conjecture I can do is that Input flv file is not 23.976 but 25 fps. MediaInfo has made a wrong reading. Thus HCenc has not applied any 3:2 pulldown. If you run the flv with Media Player Classic and look at properties, what does it say about fps?

Bye

I already had Windows Media Player 6.4 and checked using it. Under Properties > Details > Type is blank.

Under Properties > Advanced > Video Renderer > Properties > Average Frame Rate Achieved starts out at 23.76 fps & varies up to about 24.1 fps if I check at different points in time.

If you still want me to check using Media Player Classic then I will download & install it also. Just for reference both MediaInfo and VLC indicate 23.976fps. I have several other episodes of this program & they all come up as 23.76 fps.

Here is part of the log when I used QuEnc:

<10/23/2010 2:47:43 AM>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 1882.1 MB
    QuEnc Parameters: -i "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_11_Hulu - Sample_1.avs" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_11_Hulu - Sample.m2v" -b 6500 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 16:9 -nointerlaced -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
    <>

<10/23/2010 3:26:51 AM>
    A2DVideoSource: FFmpegSource2 (cache off)
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_11_Hulu - Sample.m2v (1881.2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 40:25 minutes - 58150 frames
    <>

<10/23/2010 3:26:51 AM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_11_Hulu - Sample.m2v" -srcfps 23.976 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>

<10/23/2010 3:35:55 AM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_11_Hulu - Sample.m2v (1881.2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 40:27 minutes - 58207 frames
    <>

So far the following programs indicate the video is 23.976: QuEnc, MediaInfo, VLC, Windows Media Player 6.4, and Any Video Converter.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Ok, no more programs to state that input framerate is 23.976 fps are needed.

Has HCenc failed to apply pulldown? Could be. May you upload somewhere the flv (or a portion of it, or a smaller similar flv) to download and test it?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if there is something odd about this new release of HCenc?
    I had that other problem where Mediainfo picked up the m2v (after encoding) in HCenc as 0 length,
    but it worked just fine in QUenc.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I had that other problem where Mediainfo picked up the m2v (after encoding) in HCenc as 0 length,
    Good point. Dave, Mike, could you re-run your projects using HCenc 0.24 or HCenc 0.23 ? Just overwrite HCenc.exe file.

Thanks

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good point. Dave, Mike, could you re-run your projects using HCenc 0.24 or HCenc 0.23 ? Just overwrite HCenc.exe file.

Thanks

Bye
    I noticed on the author’s site that “HCenc release 024 has been withdrawn”, but the VideoHelp forum did list a non-beta 024 version. However I used the 024 beta release that you provided in your link. I’ll let AVStoDVD process the video overnight & let you know what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

I ran both HCenc 0.24 & 0.23 and had the same results as before - poor picture quality & audio way out of sync.

Here’s a partial log when using HCenc 0.24. HCenc 0.23 looks the same.

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: F:\Peace_8_360\Hulu - Sample.flv
    Info: AVC - 0 kbps - 640x360 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 40:28 minutes - 58227 frames
    Audio 1: F:\Peace_8_360\Hulu - Sample.flv
    Info: AAC LC - 0 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 40:28 minutes - Internal
    Subs:
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.35]

A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_0_Sample.m2v (1877.1 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6531 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 40:28 minutes - 60713 frames

It shows the 23.976 fps and then the 25 fps. If you want the full logs of each one please let me know.

I can always use QuEnc which so far works properly. Again, I thought I’d try the 2-pass HCenc to see if there was any improvement in picture quality.

Is this something that the author/developer of HCenc should get involved with to see what is happening?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike99,
    can you post the source file or a clip of it, if it's too big?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike99,
    can you post the source file or a clip of it, if it's too big?

It's a Hulu flv file about 195,000 KB in size. How do you take a clip of a flv file?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike, Avidemux can do it.
    Leave video and audio to "copy", set format to FLV.
    Use the red A and B buttons to set the start and end points.
    Start the cut on an I frame - up and down arrow keys to seek to them.
    Quote Quote