VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 137
FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 4096
Thread
  1. @Xen956

ok, no audio decoding issue, the filters graph is perfect.

I would suggest you to try to change the AC3 Encoder: 'Preferences'/'Audio'/'AC3 Audio Encoder'. Try with FFmpeg (AviSynth) first, FFmpeg (Safe Mode) after.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok so I've tried with FFmpeg and FFmpeg safe mode and in both cases I haven't got the sound duration error this time, but still the "error 70 - permission denied" at the authoring process. However, the DVD structure created now contains the audio as well but unfortunately the audio is still out of sync.

I have to say that looking at the preview option in AVStoDVD, the audio is perfectly in sync with the video so the problem definitely comes when compressing.
    Last edited by Xen956; 8th Oct 2014 at 08:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This looks like you have several (unrelated) problems at once...

If you even get sync errors after using ffmpeg safe mode then chances are that your source file already has these sync problems. You wrote that you use VirtualDub for capturing. I also use VDub for this, and for me it always does a very good job keeping video and audio in sync.

Are you using a current version of VDub? Did you set it up to resample audio if necessary? The option is under "Capture / Timing" and is called "Sync audio to video by resampling the audio to a faster or slower rate".

The other error "Permission denied" looks like a Win7 / Win8 problem. You can turn off UAC, use a tool called "WinOwnership" or other similar tools, or move the whole AVStoDVD installation to a different folder (or partition) which is not protected by Windows.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I recently uninstalled Win8.1 because I was fed up with the constant permission denied errors it was throwing up, this was after giving all my hard drives full permissions, turning OFF UAC. I went back to Win7 until its found a way to allow US to access the system how we need to

You could try setting up your firewall/anti-virus software to 'allow' the folders you use for AVStoDVD and VirtualDub on the 'whitelist'. Which basically means the firewall/anti-virus software will NOT scan or report anything in these folders. I had some problems with this until I told my firewall software to stop blocking AVStoDVD folders as it thought there was some possible virus trying to call other software after running AVStoDVD, especially .bat files and blocking them from running

Are you running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 by any chance. The first thing I do is turn OFF UAC. Your firewall/anti-virus software should be able to look after your system
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for the interest guys!

Manolito, the option you mention in virtual dub is already activated. Again when I am playing the raw recorded AVI there is no out of sync problem. Even in AVStoDVD using the preview function the audio is perfectly in sync with the video. It is only after encoding that I get the problem. I am using the latest x64 version of Virtualdub (1.10.4 build 35491 release AMD64). But the audio duration error message I was getting before is now gone with the FFmpeg options. I really don't know what to do. I have already captured dozens of VHS using this method, gathered all the big files on my computer so I hope I don't have to go through the capturing process again.

I am under Windows 7 with already UAC desactivated. I have tried to deactivate windows defender and move the destination folder to a folder on the root on my C: drive with no success (stupid Win7).

EDIT: I have tried to use winownership without success either. I managed to see where the problem was with the error 70 tho: I can just see "AVStoDVD (Function DeleteifExi..." but I don't think this is a big problem since it creates the DVD folder. The biggest problem is that out of sync problem.
    Last edited by Xen956; 9th Oct 2014 at 05:00.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Xen956

do you have the possibility to upload a portion of the captured AVI file? A couple of minutes could be enough.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, get rid of Windows Defender and if you don't have any get 'proper' firewall/anti-virus software

There is plenty of commercial security packages that offer the basics for free, I personal use Emsisoft Security Suite for the past 3 years and have no issues at all in moving to yet another product of it stops meeting MY needs. I did it with Norton and ZoneAlarm a few years ago when both got bloated and incredibly problematic for ME. Emsisoft does everything I want and doesn't cost much for a years subscription. In fact I have a 3 computer subscription one for me, one for the wifes laptop and one for the daughters laptop. They know next to nothing about the technical side of computers and soon tell me when its not working how they think it should

Just had a quick look, this 'might' help with Windows Defender throwing a fit. It tells Windows Defender to allow certain files or folder, which should stop the permissions problems

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/exclude-files-and-folders-from-windows-defender/
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok I have uploaded a few minutes of the raw capture file obtained from Virtualdub with no audio compression and huffyuv video compression:

https://mega.co.nz/#!odFBlBRS!diHUTfvgbdbg2v8qPx1YLRtljvCZ-qcj1Vd8J2vwkeI

3min56, and 1.7Gb big.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I recently uninstalled Win8.1 because I was fed up with the constant permission denied errors it was throwing up, this was after giving all my hard drives full permissions, turning OFF UAC. I went back to Win7 until its found a way to allow US to access the system how we need to
    the way to get around that in win 8.1 is to change the permission of the exe file to administrator. this gets rid of any error that might pop up. i know it's an extra step that could be seen as somewhat of a hassle but that is a way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Xen956

Sorry, can't download the file from MEGA, this is what I get:

My download destination drive has more than 50 Gigs of free space. Can you upload the file to a friendlier place like ZippyShare (maybe SendSpace, but they are quite slow these days)...

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 9th Oct 2014 at 19:32.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Xen956 View Post
    Ok I have uploaded a few minutes of the raw capture file obtained from Virtualdub with no audio compression and huffyuv video compression:

https://mega.co.nz/#!odFBlBRS!diHUTfvgbdbg2v8qPx1YLRtljvCZ-qcj1Vd8J2vwkeI

3min56, and 1.7Gb big.
    Do you get out-of-sync with this short clip? I have tried the conversion and everything is fine.

http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/88365596/file.html

Probably the only difference is that I have installed LAV Filters instead of ffdshow, but I don't think that is the reason... both decoders are excellent.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. A friend bought an hd recorder that uses the format ".ts" (NOT Video TS) in 4gb Fat 32 blocks.

I tried to convert to dvd. All 4 of AVI synth's Videos Source Filter options gave similar error messages:

"Couldn't open file. Unspecified error"

The .TS files play fine in the USB input of my Oppo 95

Any suggestions?

Other programs do open the files, but have extreme issues jerkiness & or audio synch.

I have successfully converted most variations of blu ray rips in the past.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried ffmpeg safe mode? For HD .ts source files it is a good idea to treat them with TSDoctor before converting them (trial version is available). And last but not least please upload a small sample to help us analyze the problem.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 18th Oct 2014 at 08:57.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Have you tried ffmpeg safe mode? For HD .ts source files it is a good idea to treat them with TSDoctor before converting them (trial version is available). And last but not least please upload a small sample to help us analyze the problem.

Cheers
    manolito
    I don't currently have any software that will cut a small sample from a HUGE .ts file. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For splitting / cutting .ts files my weapon of choice is TSSplitter. Download:
    https://www.videohelp.com/download/TSSplitter.v1.2.zip

You can also use tsMuxer or AviDemux (if tsMuxer refuses to open the file, you must run it through TSDoctor first).

BTW did you try to convert the video in ffmpeg safe mode yet? In this mode there is no source filter involved, it's like converting from the ffmpeg command line. In my experience this mostly works even for problematic sources.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    For splitting / cutting .ts files my weapon of choice is TSSplitter. Download:
    https://www.videohelp.com/download/TSSplitter.v1.2.zip

You can also use tsMuxer or AviDemux (if tsMuxer refuses to open the file, you must run it through TSDoctor first).

BTW did you try to convert the video in ffmpeg safe mode yet? In this mode there is no source filter involved, it's like converting from the ffmpeg command line. In my experience this mostly works even for problematic sources.

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks. I've tried the FFMpeg setting in the Avi Synth section of AVSTODVD without luck, but how do you enable Safe Mode? I don't see a setting for Safe Mode in AVStoDVD
    Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 19th Oct 2014 at 05:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The option is under "View/Edit Title Settings". You have to disable auto mode first.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    The option is under "View/Edit Title Settings". You have to disable auto mode first.

Cheers
    manolito
    Thank you!! I'll try it & write back.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Delete
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avs1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	28050  

Click image for larger version

Name:	avs2.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	28051  

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 19th Oct 2014 at 17:03. Reason: Error
    Quote Quote  
  20. Please ignore the above. i figured out what you meant, but.......... when I set it to safe mode it automatically resets itself to FFMpgeg 1 pass & won't read the video.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click the "Save current Preferences as default" (at the bottom) before clicking OK. It'll save those settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
    Please ignore the above. i figured out what you meant, but.......... when I set it to safe mode it automatically resets itself to FFMpgeg 1 pass & won't read the video.
    Of course it will use ffmpeg for video encoding if you specify "ffmpeg safe mode", but what do you mean by "won't read the video"? Does ffmpeg throw an error message? If so, have you tried to process the source with TSDoctor before feeding it to AVStoDVD?

What DirectShow filters are you using (ffdshow or LAV Filters) ? You should create a filter graph, make a screenshot of the graph and post it here. (Codecs -> Build DirectShow Filters Graph) Also the MediaInfo information about the source file would be helpful.
    And what about uploading a sample?

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 20th Oct 2014 at 02:25.
    Quote Quote  
  23. This is getting over my head. I like AVS2DVD because it's simple!

Unfortunately, so far the only software either myself or my friend has found that can read the files correctly is from Corel, & it doesn't offer the option to convert window boxing to Full Screen (which is what we want).

With hi def, a 20% zoom is fine, but with DVD bit rate, a 20% zoom shows a reduction in quality.

What we're trying to do is to convert HD TV caps of Full Screen films that are window boxed with a .ts extension to Full screen DVD's. It also requires a Merge function as the idiots who designed this recorder made it Fat 32; so it has a 4 GB file size limit 7 several 4gb "blocks" have to be merged. The Corel Software does a perfectly good job of everything except eliminating the Window boxing. Everything else I've tried has varying degrees of motion jitter, audio problems, or in the case of AVS2DVD, it won't read it at all. Ironically the USB input on my Blu-ray player (Oppo) will play them perfectly (other than the merge issue)!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD may look very simple on the surface, but it is rather complex under the hood. And there are many tweaks you can apply if you encounter somewhat broken source files like you obviously did.

How serious are you about getting the problems solved if you are even unable or unwilling to provide a sample? Or at least try out if TSDoctor can repair the source file? As long as I cannot test a sample of the offending source file I'm outta here...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @MooMooMooMoo - You could try using MKVToolNix before AVStoDVD. It has a GUI, will save the output in a more compatible MKV container, and can merge files easily while doing it (just click the 'Append' button to add the next part).
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    @MooMooMooMoo - You could try using MKVToolNix before AVStoDVD. It has a GUI, will save the output in a more compatible MKV container, and can merge files easily while doing it (just click the 'Append' button to add the next part).
    Thanks, I'll try that. I've had no problems with mkv's.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    Thanks again for the suggestion. It can work with these files, but it won't merge them. The video recorder is Fat32 (terrible decision by the manufacturer) so he can only record 4gb "blocks" & they have to be merged before any conversion. With one gui, no matter what I did, I got 2 separate video tracks in 1 file & had no way to access the 2nd video track. When I tried the append option in hopes of forcing them to merge, I got a runtime error & the program crashed.

With the other gui (the preview), I simply got a message of "failed".

My friend who bought the program, randomly bought a product called Corel Video Studio & basically got lucky: it's the only thing either of us has found that will convert these files successfully to dvd. We're both mostly into older Full Screen movies. The difference is he has a hi-def set so the window boxing isn't an issue for him. I have a 42" Sony CRT, so it is an issue for me; & aspect ratio/zooming is the one thing the Corel software won't do.

I can play the original files through my Oppo Blu-ray on a USB stick without issue (that's the only way I can play them without issue with the software & hardware available to me); but both of us were hoping we could make them compatible with the outside world. I suspect this particular HD Recorder is violating some specifications.

I'm very close to giving up. Ironically I usually am the one who figures out the technical issue for myself & my friend!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Joining segmented .TS files is pretty easy if you use the right tools:

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 23rd Oct 2014 at 16:14.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I use Take Ownership Shell Extension for all my windows XP, Vista, W-7, W-8, etc.
    Is my 2nd day here. & coming from Afterdawn.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/system_tools/misc_system_tools/take_ownership_shell_extension.cfm

How it work, via cmd command:
    http://www.petri.com/add-take-ownership-context-menu-vista.htm
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 23rd Oct 2014 at 17:51.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Xen956 View Post
    ....The biggest problem is that out of sync problem.
    Hello there.
    I'm new here.

I have use AVStoDVD for 2 days, and I know that sometimes while we editing: the video & audio get out of sync.

My latest editing is very simple as I'm working on many small files ("3mins long") each.
    I found the old tool DVDShrink [2004 Last update] author - editing more simple & quick ...after you run your file(s) using AVStoDVD

NOTE:
    Trick DVDShrink a little to accept flawless the video give by AVStoDVD while editing.
    Edit > Preferences... > Preview > Select directX video renderer: [select any other that the System Default Renderer --> I Choose: Build-in Software Renderer] > OK > Restart DVDShrink.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/copy_dvd/dvd_shrink.cfm

Good Luck.
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 23rd Oct 2014 at 18:32.
    Quote Quote